Raptors Interested in Jason Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    People think that Sacremento will let Dalembert and Thompson go this year? Will NO go after Thompson, since they don't have a good back-up to Okafor (Aaron Gray is not the real deal)?

Why would Sacramento want an expiring when they already have the lowest payroll in the league?
    joe panini seems to think that by taking on 10 million in salaries (banks and evans) and trading away a guy who makes 3 million and has a team option for the next 2 years will save the team 20-30 million dollars...

sac

in = 10 million (banks, and evans)
    out = 3 million (thompson) + 1st round pick

joe panini's math = net savings of $20-30 million

yea not really sure why sacramento doesnt pay the raptors $7 million dollars to take a young centre who averaged 12.5 pts 8.5 rbds, 1 block 70% from the line and is only 24 years old

AND

a 1st round pick

the last kings 2 1st round picks have been tyreke evans and demarcus cousins...

Comment

I'd take Thompson here in a heartbeat, but it seems kinda odd that teams are passing on him. I think we could do well with Thompson as a backup 5. Then again, what would we really offer the Kings? Seeing as though the Hawks passed on him for Acie Law, it makes me think that either the Kings are looking for an expiring, a young player or a point guard.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I'd take Thompson here in a heartbeat, but it seems kinda odd that teams are passing on him. I think we could do well with Thompson as a backup 5. Then again, what would we really offer the Kings? Seeing as though the Hawks passed on him for Acie Law, it makes me think that either the Kings are looking for an expiring, a young player or a point guard.
        You mean Jeff Teague. Acie Law is now in Memphis. Apparently the Hawks think Teague is their future starting PG and are high on him.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          You mean Jeff Teague. Acie Law is now in Memphis. Apparently the Hawks think Teague is their future starting PG and are high on him.
          My bad. Thanks for the backup, Tim. I get those two mixed up. Both are 1's, both play(ed) for the Hawks.

How many more years is Bibby signed for? I know they re-upped him recently.

Teague has the body of a PG, but plays like a 2.

Comment

i would take him if he came cheap
            ya dun noe

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              My bad. Thanks for the backup, Tim. I get those two mixed up. Both are 1's, both play(ed) for the Hawks.

How many more years is Bibby signed for? I know they re-upped him recently.

Teague has the body of a PG, but plays like a 2.
              Bibby signed for two more years. Considering Bibby is four years younger than Nash, he probably shouldn't look as old on the court as he does.

And I'm not a big fan of Teague, but apparently the Hawks are. Besides, Joe Johnson does most of the ball handling, anyway, so maybe they don't think they need a true PG.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

In my limited research, it would seem that Jason Thompson would be a rather insignificant pick-up. It certainly wouldn't propel us to the playoffs. If we do get him, I hope we don't give up much.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                  yo thompson makes 3 million next year... after that there is a TEAM OPTION on him... so please explain how the kings would save 15 million or 30 million by taking reggie evans and marcus banks for him ??

i dont think you had ever heard of curry, tyreke, jennings, or even blake griffin before they were drafted so who are you to say this year's draft class has no one that will play in the nba outside of barnes and irving ??

there are posters on this board who actually know ball, and then there's you...
                  $10M expiring from Reggie and Banks. $3M from Thompson. $13.5M from Dalembert. $25M over the next 4 years including this one for Francisco Garcia. We could even let them save more money by giving them only Banks ($4.5M) and TPE. Meaning they would only be taking $4.5M whilst letting go of $13.5M, $3M and $25M contracts. You do the addition.

Actually I already knew about Curry, Jennings and Blake. Only Tyreke I didn't know anything about until further into the NCAA season...

You act as if you've been following my every post, you think I don't know anything about basketball from 2 posts. I don't see anything in my posts which show my lack of knowledge in basketball.

Comment

WOW. Wouldn't have expected that, I thought the Hawks were trying to unload one of their big contracts (Smith, Williams) and they both play forward. They could do that trade, then find a way to get a PG for one of those two players... I guess they think really highly of Teague, though I've not seen him play much.. Is he any good?

Comment

joe panini seems to think that by taking on 10 million in salaries (banks and evans) and trading away a guy who makes 3 million and has a team option for the next 2 years will save the team 20-30 million dollars...

sac

in = 10 million (banks, and evans)
                      out = 3 million (thompson) + 1st round pick

joe panini's math = net savings of $20-30 million

yea not really sure why sacramento doesnt pay the raptors $7 million dollars to take a young centre who averaged 12.5 pts 8.5 rbds, 1 block 70% from the line and is only 24 years old

AND

a 1st round pick

the last kings 2 1st round picks have been tyreke evans and demarcus cousins...
                      Getting the picks is probably impossible, but they do save a shit load of money. Our TPE can cover Dalembert's entire contract, so we can even go as far as giving them a second round pick for Dalembert, Garcia and Thompson. They would save a total of $36 million in total. Just because the Kings are under the cap doesn't mean they wouldn't want to save more money. Being $30M under the cap, and $20M is still $10M more. We speak of it as if it was nothing, but you try paying $10M extra whilst barely winning and not having the most stellar of attendances.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        Getting the picks is probably impossible, but they do save a shit load of money. Our TPE can cover Dalembert's entire contract, so we can even go as far as giving them a second round pick for Dalembert, Garcia and Thompson. They would save a total of $36 million in total. Just because the Kings are under the cap doesn't mean they wouldn't want to save more money. Being $30M under the cap, and $20M is still $10M more. We speak of it as if it was nothing, but you try paying $10M extra whilst barely winning and not having the most stellar of attendances.
                        ok i think you dont understand math...

Comment

Tere is a minimum salary teams have to spend. SAC is already cutting it close. I think this deal would send them below.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            hahahahaah umm can you add at all ?

Comment

@ joe panini

who the hell wants to take on francisco garcia's $24 million 4 year contract ?

just stop posting on this forum joe...please !!

Comment

@ joe panini

who the hell wants to take on francisco garcia's $24 million 4 year contract ?

just stop posting on this forum joe...please !!
                                Garcia is a tool. Does anyone recall 2 yrs ago when he stepped on Bargs' chest when he was on the ground. Very classy fellow. Looks like a vatos locos reject.

Comment

Working...
                                X