Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    @tim w.

i dont know about that, last year he had really good games with the heat considering he played alongside wade who pretty much dominates the ball. it just went downhill for him when he went into a bit of a slump and he started getting negative press. well i dont think we are any much better than the wolves, so wouldnt it be better if he was producing for us rather than the wolves? i guess you could be right too, coz i remember there was once a player who put up monster numbers for a poor team but now on a good team he's doing shit (hint, hint)
    The thing about Beasley is that even when he was playing well, he didn't get much burn in crunch time because he couldn't be trusted on the court, especially on defense.

I don't know why anyone would regret not getting Beasley. WOuld him being on the Raptors really make that much of a difference? Short term or long term?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

@apollo

youre right, but some players go through growing pains. and not everybody is perfect. jordan and barkley gambled, bosh left his pregnant wife, kobe raped a chick. not everybody actually lives perfectly in a perfect world. i give him the benefit of the doubt. if you keep waiting for somebody to mess up, chances are, he is gonna mess up.

people do learn from their mistakes. he might have. i think putting up 20pts/5rebs a game is certainly a step towards that. had a 46pt game too, i might add. he's already come out and said he's learned from his mistakes so take it for what its worth.

hahaha reality check Apollo, everybody is driven by their own selfish expectations and desire. we just got rid of one, remember?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        The thing about Beasley is that even when he was playing well, he didn't get much burn in crunch time because he couldn't be trusted on the court, especially on defense.

I don't know why anyone would regret not getting Beasley. WOuld him being on the Raptors really make that much of a difference? Short term or long term?
        in his case, maybe he just needs more time to be able to prove that. like i said, i havent seen the wolves play, but they had a couple of close games with the lakers, sacramento and atlanta, im sure he was in the game till the end of the game.

im not saying he would be the greatest addition, but might have been something the Raps should have considered instead of getting the TPE. How would the TPE work for the team getting it, say if we received a player in exchange for it? Cap relief? (im really asking, not being sarcastic)

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          im not saying he would be the greatest addition, but might have been something the Raps should have considered instead of getting the TPE. How would the TPE work for the team getting it, say if we received a player in exchange for it? Cap relief? (im really asking, not being sarcastic)
          It pretty much is cap relief for the other team. They can't re-use that TPE. Much like when Minnesota traded Jefferson to the Jazz for the TPE the Jazz got in the Boozer deal. Minnesota just gets the cap relief, nothing more.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            It pretty much is cap relief for the other team. They can't re-use that TPE. Much like when Minnesota traded Jefferson to the Jazz for the TPE the Jazz got in the Boozer deal. Minnesota just gets the cap relief, nothing more.
            Thanks Mango. With the impending lockout, is it good to have cap relief? or would teams prefer an actual player in the trade?

Comment

I dont get the opinion that we need to consider if Beas woulda been a good long term fit lol
              Were going to be a 20 win team for the next few seasons,it doesnt take a hurt to take a look at ANYBODY with upside
              Thats what you do when your a bad team,you gamble on players...If your the Lakers you dont take those gambles cuz ur already playing with a ship roster and cant take the side effects if there are any....PLUS i think the issues about him are overblown...

He's a young guy who hasnt fully learned or developed yet he aint the first guy or the last to come into this league lacking maturity...As a bum team i thnk it was worth the look or gamble given the potential....we lose nothing by trying...He dont need to be a long term guy IF he doesnt produce and is cancerous you get rid of him or dont re up him....i still think its more fruitful than a TPE that has a limited expiration date...esp considering BC has showed an ineptness to make any kind of roster change that impacts this team thru trades...

Comment

Rather have OJ Mayo.

Comment

OJ Mayo has been branded with the same tags as Beasley tho.

Comment

Explain that one to me if you don't mind.

Comment

he came into the league with same MO Beas was branded with..lazy,immature etc.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                        he came into the league with same MO Beas was branded with..lazy,immature etc.
                        I didn't hear any of that, at all. There were some questions surrounding Mayo, but nothing like the baggage that Beasley had. Besides, JR Rider had similar questions about him, when he was drafted. You can't simply bring up another player and say "look, he turned out alright." They aren't the same player. Or person.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          I didn't hear any of that, at all. There were some questions surrounding Mayo, but nothing like the baggage that Beasley had. Besides, JR Rider had similar questions about him, when he was drafted. You can't simply bring up another player and say "look, he turned out alright." They aren't the same player. Or person.
                          Ugh ok YOU didnt hear it *shrugs*

Coming out of USC it was written all over the damn place...I can simply bring up a player as a point of reference...OJ has had the same BS baggage written about him as Beas,its contextual to the topic....

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                            has character guys ever won us anything? I said from day one when bc didn't take beasley it was going to be a big mistake...you don't let talent like this just walk away ppl...this guy put's up numbers and it deson't seem like he is even trying out there...this euro crap need to stop and we need to get real talen on the roster
                            +1. The nice guys we have playing for the Raps, have they won us anything? Instead, we are being punked at home by the Golden State warriors and being dunked on the first play of the game(remember the Utah Jazz game last year?).

Infact, every NBA team needs some mean mofos like Stephen Jackson, Kenyon Martin etc for them to compete with pride. Basketball is played in the hoods and is a grown man's game, you get punked all the time but it is how you react to it that matters.

Finally, as a GM or owner, I don't care about character issues of my players as long as we are winning(ask the 90's Bad Boys Detroit Pistons if they will do what they did to MJ and his team again with crazy players like Bill Laimbeer, Dennis Rodman and Isaiah Thomas to get the NBA championshipd they got?). I am also tired of seeing how sports has become, it has become soft, if a team does not play well, they deserve to be blown out - no ifs and buts.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                              I dont get the opinion that we need to consider if Beas woulda been a good long term fit lol
                              Were going to be a 20 win team for the next few seasons,it doesnt take a hurt to take a look at ANYBODY with upside
                              Thats what you do when your a bad team,you gamble on players...If your the Lakers you dont take those gambles cuz ur already playing with a ship roster and cant take the side effects if there are any....PLUS i think the issues about him are overblown...

He's a young guy who hasnt fully learned or developed yet he aint the first guy or the last to come into this league lacking maturity...As a bum team i thnk it was worth the look or gamble given the potential....we lose nothing by trying...He dont need to be a long term guy IF he doesnt produce and is cancerous you get rid of him or dont re up him....i still think its more fruitful than a TPE that has a limited expiration date...esp considering BC has showed an ineptness to make any kind of roster change that impacts this team thru trades...
                              +1. We are a 20 win team, taking gambles on players whether they have character issues or not as long as they are young and willing to show improvement is what we need. Some of those players play well and might just feature in the competing future team.

Most of these players came from poor homes and the streets, they are obviously going to pick up some vices(for these guys, it is either basketball, football or drugdealing). Expecting nice guys in these players is thinking otherwise as long as they win, I am cool with it - I also think it is the "role model" theory of the fans as return for paying such huge money for entertainment(see the Tiger Woods women affairs which I did not like, as long as he plays excellent golf, i don't care how he lives his life).

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                                +1. We are a 20 win team, taking gambles on players whether they have character issues or not as long as they are young and willing to show improvement is what we need. Some of those players play well and might just feature in the competing future team.

Most of these players came from poor homes and the streets, they are obviously going to pick up some vices(for these guys, it is either basketball, football or drugdealing). Expecting nice guys in these players is thinking otherwise as long as they win, I am cool with it - I also think it is the "role model" theory of the fans as return for paying such huge money for entertainment(see the Tiger Woods women affairs which I did not like, as long as he plays excellent golf, i don't care how he lives his life).
                                Yea i dont get and never have the notion that you have to have a bunch of choir boy virgins in order to be successful and win...Truth is alot of that stuff is made up by NBA writers who have specific agendas or beefs with players...Most of the talk about guys being cancers and problems is false,you never hear it from there former teammates in most cases....Yet its given so much front page headlines as if its factual...meh..Like dude said i want guys that can play first and foremost...

Comment

Working...
                                X