Beasley - Revisited again in #110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beasley - Revisited again in #110

According to Marc Stein, the Heat still can't find anyone willing to take Beasley off their hands. Why do so many on this forum want him in a Raps uniform? Even Henry Abbott at True Hoop, who has always shown sympathy for Beasley's off-court issues, pegs his chances of ever reaching his potential as a better player than Bosh at 2%-10%.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-beasley-trade

I think it's a case of Beasley (+ TPE) or bust/nothing.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I think there are a few Raptors fans who want to take Beasley, and there are guys like me who would take Beasley in order to get something else. He's just got one guaranteed year left, so if Miami makes it worth their while, I don't see the harm in taking Beasley. They aren't going to be competing next year, so why not.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'd take Beasley. Put him at the 3.

It's not a case of him being better than Bosh, it's a case of does he fit for the team. At this point, given his contract, I'd take a chance on him for sure. There's no risk - save for giving Miami the cap space to take Lebron (mostly I think that's why no one is willing to take him) - but there's a huge potential there. No doubt he can be a 20/10 guy. I've said it before, but on the right team (TO being one of those) he would be a stellar 6th man SF.

Comment

I think the risk is the cancer he'd likely be in the locker room. That's likely the major reason the Heat haven't been able to find anyone to take him in almost a year of trying.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            I think there are a few Raptors fans who want to take Beasley, and there are guys like me who would take Beasley in order to get something else. He's just got one guaranteed year left, so if Miami makes it worth their while, I don't see the harm in taking Beasley. They aren't going to be competing next year, so why not.
            Couldn't have said it better

Comment

He got a pretty bad rap in Miami. He was a sick college player who seems to have lost drive while under constant scrutiny from Riley/Wade. I don't think he got the fanfare in Miami that would of propelled him to the next level. If Toronto takes him, it will show him that at least one team out there wants him. If Toronto embraces him, it may give him that drive to reach his potential. And isn't he in his contract year? Hell yah take this kid.

Comment

I'd take Beasley but at the same time, I doubt I would want to be responsible for helping the heat put together a LBJ, Bosh, Wade combo. Good for Nike, Gatorade and McDonald's, bad for Parity in the NBA
                Follow Me on Twitter MISTABILL

Comment

beasly is a big high risk high reward guy
                  ya dun noe

Comment

Beasley

Is everybody already regretting the Raps not getting Beasley for Bosh, or we still hatin' on him?

20pts/5rebs/2asts/1stl/0.5blks
                    almost 50% FG and 42% 3PTFG
                    Youch.

Comment

i'm pretty sure i've said it before, but beasley in toronto would be HORRIBLE..

with the departure of the grizzlies to memphis, toronto is a top 3 nba city for ease of finding ridiculously good ganj

we would destroy that boy.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        Is everybody already regretting the Raps not getting Beasley for Bosh, or we still hatin' on him?

Youch.
                        I'm very happy for Beasley in that he has turned his career prospects around.

However, at the draft NOBODY in the league would take him on. All it took the T'Wolves was a 2014 2nd round pick. That speaks to his perceived value at the time. He was, and still is, a big risk although the risk appears to be fading.

It has turned out positive for the Wolves, but the flipside was a real probability.

Not upset the Raptors passed on him. Hope he continues to live up to his potential.

Comment

hahaha @Heinz

im actually crying over spilled milk, if you know what i mean.
                          Beasley wouldve been a monster addition for us. The kid is 21, and so far he's matured after his stupid mistakes.
                          Imagine jack/DD/Beasley/Davis/Alabi

THe kid can run, shoot, rebound, block shots. Im not sure about his D coz i havent seen him play lately but probably not bad.

The only thing is would he have matured as he did with the Wolves if he came here, new coach and all.....

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            i'm pretty sure i've said it before, but beasley in toronto would be HORRIBLE..

with the departure of the grizzlies to memphis, toronto is a top 3 nba city for ease of finding ridiculously good ganj

we would destroy that boy.
                            so damn true lol toronto got that kush he wud b smoking like snoop if he came here
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

Youch.
                              He has character issues. I don't regret it at all. You can't win with guys like that leading the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X