No announcement yet.

Beasley - Revisited again in #110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this coming from the guy who said jamal crawford would be a good pick up ??

i think the exact quote was "hey imagine what he could do if he was starting?"

umm yea he started for the first 10 years in his career and never made the playoffs... let definitely sign him !!

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      i'm pretty sure i've said it before, but beasley in toronto would be horrible..

With the departure of the grizzlies to memphis, toronto is a top 3 nba city for ease of finding ridiculously good ganj

we would destroy that boy.
      LOL

all joke aside, I don't like beasley's game TBH so I don't see it as a big loss
      Last edited by grindhouse; Mon Nov 15, 2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

It's funny. Some of you see what Beasley has done over the past 4-5 games and criticize Colangelo or not picking up. First of all, he's only really put up those numbers in a handful of games. Secondly, he needed a ton of touches to get those numbers. Who's to say he'd even perform the same way here? He very well could have been the same kind of player as he was in Miami. Toronto has a lot more distractions than Minneapolis. Maturity wise, he's not there. Not needed in the locker room. Let someone else deal with it.
        Last edited by MangoKid; Mon Nov 15, 2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Mayo and Beasley really aren't on the same level. I'd rather have Mayo. He knows how to handle the hype. Mayo was never dogged by maturity issues. His character issues were in stem from allegedly accepting perks from his agent. In fact, if Mayo was a PG, the Heat would have selected him. Riley wanted no part of Beasley in the first place.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
            Ugh ok YOU didnt hear it *shrugs*

Coming out of USC it was written all over the damn place...I can simply bring up a player as a point of reference...OJ has had the same BS baggage written about him as Beas,its contextual to the topic....
            I recall Mayo having some questions about a few of his connections, and about whether or not he got paid at USC, but it really doesn't matter, does it. Mayo has been a solid citizen since entering the NBA. Beasley hasn't. They aren't the same person.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              It's funny. Some of you see what Beasley has done over the past 4-5 games and criticize Colangelo or not picking up. First of all, he's only really put up those numbers in a handful of games. Secondly, he needed a ton of touches to get those numbers. Who's to say he'd even perform the same way here? He very well could have been the same kind of player as he was in Miami. Toronto has a lot more distractions than Minneapolis. Maturity wise, he's not there. Not needed in the locker room. Let someone else deal with it.
              umm he takes less shots than bargs and plays about 5 mins less.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                umm he takes less shots than bargs and plays about 5 mins less.
                Who said anything about Bargnani?

Beasley has had a ton of touches this year.

Comment

Who said anything about Bargnani?

Beasley has had a ton of touches this year.
                  yea cuz you've watched every t'wolves game right ?

since when is 16 shots a game "a ton" ?

Comment

yea cuz you've watched every t'wolves game right ?

since when is 16 shots a game "a ton" ?
                    That's how many shots Bosh took last season. I'd say 16 shots is a lot.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      I recall Mayo having some questions about a few of his connections, and about whether or not he got paid at USC, but it really doesn't matter, does it. Mayo has been a solid citizen since entering the NBA. Beasley hasn't. They aren't the same person.
                      Doing drugs and being accused of being paid as an amateur athlete aren't really close to being at the same level on the bad scale.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Doing drugs and being accused of being paid as an amateur athlete aren't really close to being at the same level on the bad scale.
                        There has also been "speculation" that Beasley unfortunately has medical mental issues. Too bad and something I am sure has been part of the evaluation process many teams have I am sure reviewed. This of course a privacy matter but the stories are out there. The Nets were at one time I remember closely evaluating a trade and then backed out. This doesnt happen with players who are so naturally talented like Beasley.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-184960

Comment

lol...who is more talented than beasly on the raps?
                          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            That's how many shots Bosh took last season. I'd say 16 shots is a lot.
                            so what ??

16 is normal for the star... there's 20 guys in the league who take more shots...

some players take 20+ shots... 16 is average.

kevin love takes 15...milsap takes 15...pierce and allen take 15 a game in boston's slow half court offence...

how is 16 " a ton" ??

Comment

It pretty much is cap relief for the other team. They can't re-use that TPE. Much like when Minnesota traded Jefferson to the Jazz for the TPE the Jazz got in the Boozer deal. Minnesota just gets the cap relief, nothing more.
                              I don't think that's correct. I believe Minny also got 2 future first round picks + Kosta Koufos (2008 1st round pick), in addition to the TPE. It's doubtful that the TPE by itself would have pried Jefferson away from the T-Wolves.

Comment

so what ??

16 is normal for the star... there's 20 guys in the league who take more shots...

some players take 20+ shots... 16 is average.

kevin love takes 15...milsap takes 15...pierce and allen take 15 a game in boston's slow half court offence...

how is 16 " a ton" ??
                                16 shots per game, especially in just 30 mpg, is a lot more than the majority of players in the NBA. Last year, there were several teams that didn't have a player that took 16 shots per game. I'd say that's a ton, especially considering that Minnesota is in the bottom 15 for ppg.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X