2010-11 Raptors Got My Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 Raptors Got My Support

So we are 10 games in, 2 and 8...this time a couple of years ago the sky was falling, Smitch was getting the axe, people were worried about 2009-2010 and the potential departure of CB if we couldn't "build" around him.

Well tell ya what...even though our record sucks, this team has been an absolute pleasure to watch. We have yet to get truly blown out (Utah was pretty close), and have fought hard all the way. Our bench is energetic, our role players appear at times to be borderline starters, and there seems to be a pervasive hard-nose mentality.

Also, alot of our young guys are suddenly starting to emerge, ie- Weems, DD. They are maturing, becoming more dynamic, and are not gun-shy when it comes to making the big play or taking the big shot.

We might not have the most star-studded lineup, or marquee player, BUT, I feel more supportive of this years squad deep down than I have of our team in a while. Even when we lose I still feel we are trying hard to win, not hanging our heads, and are leaving it all out there.

It will be rollercoaster of a season for sure, but I think the Raptors faithful are starting to support this team more than could have been imagined.
    Last edited by Multipaul; Tue Nov 16, 2010, 05:29 PM.

Nail + Head.

Comment

i had my doubts, but they turned me around on the florida trip.. those were some fun games to watch

Comment

Some games are going to be heartbreaking losses, we might even get blown out a few times, but, as long as this team plays the way they did against the florida teams, its gonna be a fun ride every game. Its gonna be a long season, but its gonna be a fun one. We can only get better from here.

Comment

Nicely done Multipaul, my feelings exactly

Comment

Its nice to see em play hard, but at the same time i think ppls hopes have gotten a lil too high after that orlando game. Orlando is playin some horrid ball recently, and it juss seems like a lot of teams are comin in thinkin " oh its the raptors" mentality and not tryin causing us to seem like we have really good chances to win alot of the games before. Don't get me wrong i love seeing the effort, the hustle, the damn we gonna try even if we're down by 20 mentality. But it juss seems for the past few days, everyone has been suffering from a really good high. Same was i, till i saw orlando barely scratch by the nets, and had a really crappy showing lass night.

That being said... they bttr freakin win tonight

Comment

well to be honest i knew this was going to be a tough year for a VERY LONG time so ive had a while to prepare for it and to everyone who said we were going to go .500 before the season started please, "GIVE YOURE HEAD A SHAKE AGAIN".

i still dont believe weve turned a corner fully but we are playing pretty exiting ball as of late and im just going to ride it win or lose for as long as i can

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                well to be honest i knew this was going to be a tough year for a VERY LONG time so ive had a while to prepare for it and to everyone who said we were going to go .500 before the season started please, "GIVE YOURE HEAD A SHAKE AGAIN".

i still dont believe weve turned a corner fully but we are playing pretty exiting ball as of late and im just going to ride it win or lose for as long as i can
                +1. The next year is going to determine the fate of this franchise for quite a few to come with cap space, TPE, potential high first round pick plus another, and developing young players.

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
                  Its nice to see em play hard, but at the same time i think ppls hopes have gotten a lil too high after that orlando game. Orlando is playin some horrid ball recently, and it juss seems like a lot of teams are comin in thinkin " oh its the raptors" mentality and not tryin causing us to seem like we have really good chances to win alot of the games before. Don't get me wrong i love seeing the effort, the hustle, the damn we gonna try even if we're down by 20 mentality. But it juss seems for the past few days, everyone has been suffering from a really good high. Same was i, till i saw orlando barely scratch by the nets, and had a really crappy showing lass night.

That being said... they bttr freakin win tonight
                  Exactly. Effort and hustle are great and should be expected night in and night out. Unfortunately for a number of seasons now, this has not been the case for Raptors teams. So when a team comes along that you should beat, you beat them.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    So we are 10 games in, 2 and 8...this time a couple of years ago the sky was falling, Smitch was getting the axe, people were worried about 2009-2010 and the potential departure of CB if we couldn't "build" around him.

Well tell ya what...even though our record sucks, this team has been an absolute pleasure to watch. We have yet to get truly blown out (Utah was pretty close), and have fought hard all the way. Our bench is energetic, our role players appear at times to be borderline starters, and there seems to be a pervasive hard-nose mentality.

Also, alot of our young guys are suddenly starting to emerge, ie- Weems, DD. They are maturing, becoming more dynamic, and are not gun-shy when it comes to making the big play or taking the big shot.

We might not have the most star-studded lineup, or marquee player, BUT, I feel more supportive of this years squad deep down than I have of our team in a while. Even when we lose I still feel we are trying hard to win, not hanging our heads, and are leaving it all out there.

It will be rollercoaster of a season for sure, but I think the Raptors faithful are starting to support this team more than could have been imagined.
                    I think this describes a lot of feelings from real Raptors fans. Very well put. I believe we will be a better team at the end of the year than we are now even from just learning and maturing.

I wonder what kind of work BC is looking at to improve the team. HOpefully not Dampier. I like the idea of having a big center, but old would not be appreciated.

Comment

Got my support too

Comment

Working...
                      X