No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Guide to Poor Shot Selection. By Jack, Jarrett and Kleiza, Linas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Guide to Poor Shot Selection. By Jack, Jarrett and Kleiza, Linas

Two of our key players shot 3 for 20 (yes 15%!) and yet we managed to win last night's game.

Were both Jack and Kleiza just "cold"? No, unfortunately. Despite me pseudo-defending Jack vs Calderon the other day, last night's performance was inexcusable.

Jack and Kleiza repeatedly forced shots despite: 1) reasonable time on the shot clock and 2) having teammates wide open.

I was thinking of making this a full post, but the screenshots had to be a certain size to see properly (plus I messed up the screen captures on some).

See here for all screenshots and captions.

Here's the most extreme example - Jack was blocked by Jrue Holiday with 9 seconds on the shot clock. DeRozan, Bargnani and Kleiza all wide open. Enough said.

A few were reasonable looks. But in all cases there was 9 or more seconds on the shot clock and better options.
    http://twitter.com/Liston

great post... we need more like this to open some people's eyes.

Comment

very nice captures.

Only shot I could argue not being a bad shot would be the 8th one down where kleiza is taking a long 2. The man was playing off of him so your suppose to take that shot but from looking at the picture he probably should have waited for amir to seal his man under the rim and dump it down to him.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Only shot I could argue not being a bad shot would be the 8th one down where kleiza is taking a long 2. The man was playing off of him so your suppose to take that shot but from looking at the picture he probably should have waited for amir to seal his man under the rim and dump it down to him.
        True. And there wasn't anyone open per se. I just hate long 2s (unless Weems is taking them). But it was reasonable for sure.
        http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Jarret Jack is to me what Bargnani is to most people on this forum. Dude makes me cringe. I just hate his game. I think it might be a long season for Linus. I think Weems has claimed his spot, although I like Weems better at the 2.
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Oh, and great post Liston. Thanks
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Really nice post. You'll probably be able to do a follow-up once Barbosa comes back. He makes Jack look like Nash.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
                Really nice post. You'll probably be able to do a follow-up once Barbosa comes back. He makes Jack look like Nash.
                So true, I don't think I've seen him pass once yet. :|

Comment

Barbosa has caused the resurgence of my Jamario-groan

i'd almost prefer if amir was chucking up 3s

Comment

Yah jack seems to do alot of that, i like his dribble drive but he goes for the point too often. I can suk it up if it went in, but these days it juss aint happening. Bunch of times of cringed when he would go into the middle, and Bargs defender the opposing center would follow him, bargs would be wide open jumping up down but instead of passing,he juss goes for it. I know givin bargs more shots isnt the best of things, but when he's hot, fuck it juss give him the ball till he cools down.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      Barbosa has caused the resurgence of my Jamario-groan

i'd almost prefer if amir was chucking up 3s
                      That's funny. I'd almost forgot about how frustrating Jamario was. Yeah, Barbosa's 3 point shooting has made me swear and wake up the baby a couple of times

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                        That's funny. I'd almost forgot about how frustrating Jamario was. Yeah, Barbosa's 3 point shooting has made me swear and wake up the baby a couple of times
                        we all know we have made that guttural "UGH" sound that feels like we're about to spit our own throat out our mouths when jamario jacked up 3s... witnessing entire ACC crowds have that exact reaction all at the same time had to be worse than being booed

Comment

Working...
                        X