Gooden or Amir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gooden or Amir?

Toronto got a lot of flak for signing Amir Johnson to the contract they did, and he's still having trouble not fouling.

Milwaukee, on the other hand, haven't been criticized much for paying Drew Gooden more money for the same length of time.

Right now, these are the stats for Gooden:
    PPG 10.7
    RPG 6.7
    APG 0.7
    SPG 1.0
    BPG 0.3
    FG% 0.423
    FT% 0.737
    3P% 0.500
    MPG 23.0

And these are the stats for Amir:
    PPG 8.3
    RPG 4.8
    APG 0.3
    SPG 0.6
    BPG 1.1
    FG% 0.613
    FT% 0.923
    3P% 0.000
    MPG 18.8

Gooden is playing 5 more minutes per game than Amir, and thus scoring and rebounding a little more. Their production, per minute, in these two categories is actually very similar.

The big difference, of course, is that Gooden is shooting at a MUCH lower percentage than Amir, which is normal for him throughout his career (it's worse than usual, but generally he shoots below 50%). And Amir is a much better defender than Gooden, despite him being much younger. Plus, when their deals end, Gooden will be 34, whereas Amir will be 29.

I like most of what Hammonds has done in Milwaukee, but I didn't like the signing of Gooden and I still don't.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

I Like Amir and have defended him but i would not have signed him or Drew to those contracts....

Comment

in an different thread you criticized someone for having an opinion on linus kleiza and said "it's way too early to make a judgement"

the next day you start a thread asking people to form an opinion on who is better between gooden and johnson...

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
        in an different thread you criticized someone for having an opinion on linus kleiza and said "it's way too early to make a judgement"

the next day you start a thread asking people to form an opinion on who is better between gooden and johnson...
        Yes.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

How do you create a thread anyway?

Comment

Was never a fan of Drew Gooden. Sometimes he posts up good nights, but mostly underwhelming nights. What bothers me about Drew Gooden is that he never plays the game with a full focused manner. He doesn't seem to give you that vibe that you gotta play your game with a lot of energy while you are on the court with him. I still remember his gay-ass duck-tail.

Amir all the way, because he plays the game energetically-hard and with the same good focus, and believes the way he plays is something that the team needs every game. His energy rubs off among his teamates.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
              How do you create a thread anyway?
              Just go to the appropriate forum and click on "Post new thread" on upper left side and take it from there.

Comment

According to what I have read, I understand that a player reaches his maximum potential at around 27 or 28. Drew is 29 and seems to have plateaued. None of his current numbers jump out as being any better than before. Amir seems to be making progress on his game and at 23, it seems that he could develop into a very solid player. He just needs to cut down on those fouls yet keep his aggressiveness on defense.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Amir definitely. Although Gooden is a pretty decent player, Amir bring a lot more to the team. He is less selfish, more athletic and is younger. I'd definitely take Amir over Gooden.

Comment

It was only 1 game but Amir played great last night off the bench. 10 pionts, 8 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks and only 2 fouls in 27mins. If he could do that consistently he'd be more than worth the contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X