Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battier praises DeRozan, Weems, Bargnani and the new-look Raptors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battier praises DeRozan, Weems, Bargnani and the new-look Raptors.

"I think what struck me was their youthful exuberance. With Chris gone, obviously there's a huge void on the offensive end so young guys are emerging. Guys like DeRozan and Weems, they're making the most of their opportunity. I think Bargnani has really stepped up his game. He's really become a tough cover."
    -- Shane Battier on the new-look Raptors

Link to game stats/highlights/story here

Battier is definitely a very respected NBA player. A veteran, a great defender and a great shooter. Some say he's also quite nice

What do you guys think, he's another guy who has complemented this years' Raptors.

Also, a great defender like Battier saying that Bargnani is a tough cover, that could make anyone smile for a day or so.

It would have been nice if Bosh went to Houston and we could have got Battier (among other things) in return.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

What did you expect him to say? Especially from a class act like Battier? Seems to me he just pressed the (A) button for professionalism. Are we really so insecure to cling onto every cliche praise in the media? Do we have to report every negative thing brought up about Bosh? Do I ask too many questions? Let's just be happy with the win and being one game farther away of getting the lowest win record in a season.

Comment

Best ask Carmelo Anthony this question, he doesn't seem to mind laying down the truth latley

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          "I think what struck me was their youthful exuberance. With Chris gone, obviously there's a huge void on the offensive end so young guys are emerging. Guys like DeRozan and Weems, they're making the most of their opportunity. I think Bargnani has really stepped up his game. He's really become a tough cover."
          -- Shane Battier on the new-look Raptors

Link to game stats/highlights/story here

Battier is definitely a very respected NBA player. A veteran, a great defender and a great shooter. Some say he's also quite nice

What do you guys think, he's another guy who has complemented this years' Raptors.

Also, a great defender like Battier saying that Bargnani is a tough cover, that could make anyone smile for a day or so.
          We dont need players to praise our team it is obvious. Derozan is 21 years old. He is on the verge of stardom. Weems is very solid he has potential to be an all star. Bargnani is lighting it up, I have never seen Bosh put up monster games like these last two. Teams shouldn't be suprised anymore. Raptors are young and loaded if I was a chick I dig them....

Oh ya soon they will be praising the Davis Alabi Bargnani Trio.
          Go Raps Go.

Comment

Raptors worst roster in league?

Ryen Rusillo whoever that is said Raptors have worst Roster in the league. This guy should be banned from reporting, someone look into that. He clearly has n0 basketball knowledge.

Comment

JoePanini good post. Battier and you are right...no question this trio has a bright future. Now mix in Davis, and some solid veterans in Barbosa, Kleiza, and you have a nice team to build on. Let's not forget Amir.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                Ryen Rusillo whoever that is said Raptors have worst Roster in the league. This guy should be banned from reporting, someone look into that. He clearly has n0 basketball knowledge.
                when you throw that "person x clearly has no basketball knowledge" quote towards anyone and everyone that disagrees with you, it loses it's value very quickly...

Comment

DunkinDerozan: "... I have never seen Bosh put up monster games like these last two"

Then you didn't watch many games. Seriously man, come on.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                    We dont need players to praise our team it is obvious. Derozan is 21 years old. He is on the verge of stardom. Weems is very solid he has potential to be an all star. Bargnani is lighting it up, I have never seen Bosh put up monster games like these last two. Teams shouldn't be suprised anymore. Raptors are young and loaded if I was a chick I dig them....

Oh ya soon they will be praising the Davis Alabi Bargnani Trio.
                    Go Raps Go.
                    DeMar has a loooooooonnnng way to go before he reaches stardom. He has to get much better with his jumper and become a lot more consistent with his game in general.

As far as the Bosh comment, I guess you weren't watching Raptor gamers the previous 6 seasons. He had plenty a monster games... Take a look at how he started last season.
                    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2010/

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      DeMar has a loooooooonnnng way to go before he reaches stardom. He has to get much better with his jumper and become a lot more consistent with his game in general.

As far as the Bosh comment, I guess you weren't watching Raptor gamers the previous 6 seasons. He had plenty a monster games... Take a look at how he started last season.
                      http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2010/
                      I looked at your chart. Although I do agree with you Bosh may have put up some big numbers, those numbers look a bit inflated because all those free throws he was attempting early on, plus remeber it was contract year for him. Also being a monster isant always about points sorry for not clarifying myself. Its the way in which he dominated the games he never hogged the ball did it within the team concept and still put up big numbers. Plus you need to remeber bosh had many years experience being our go to player, Bargnani has only had 15% of a season.

Comment

Inflated because of FT's?? That's called dominating dude... I guess D Wade, LeBron, Kobe and KD have inflated numbers as well... I realize you might not like the guy but come on. It's Bargnani 5th season it's not like he's a rookie, if he showed a little more earlier in his career, he could have been much better at this point. That can't be blamed on Bosh...

Just to clarify it, how does Bargs ever dominate by not scoring? It's not like he's rebounding or defending...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Inflated because of FT's?? That's called dominating dude... I guess D Wade, LeBron, Kobe and KD have inflated numbers as well... I realize you might not like the guy but come on. It's Bargnani 5th season it's not like he's a rookie, if he showed a little more earlier in his career, he could have been much better at this point. That can't be blamed on Bosh...

Just to clarify it, how does Bargs ever dominate by not scoring? It's not like he's rebounding or defending...
                          Unltil Toronto gets a true centre its hard to comment on his rebounding defending. As a centre hes always responsible for the pick and roll defence taking him away from the basket. It would be interesting to see his rebounding numbers playing the PF position.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                            when you throw that "person x clearly has no basketball knowledge" quote towards anyone and everyone that disagrees with you, it loses it's value very quickly...
                            When your name is Legalize it, it's really hard to take you seriously

Comment

I knew we had a good future, but i'm not gonna hang on the words of one random rockets player. once we get respect from the upper echelon of team, then we start having quote threads

Comment

Working...
                              X