• Time
  • Show
Clear All

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    You can watch some but not all of the games on the D leagues website
    You can watch almost all of them...

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/dleague_webcasts.html

Comment

Problem with DLeague is a lot of players can become "black holes". You have a whole team trying to get attention from scouts while 2-4 players already have contracts. Unless players are really personable, you have a pass-first point guard, or the coach has an iron-fist its tough for nba contract players to get big numbers(big like 30+pts). That's decent numbers for him. But I still expect more, if he expects to survive in the league. He should spend 3/4 of the season down there. He needs the time on the floor and become the type of player who demands the ball on offence down there.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Problem with DLeague is a lot of players can become "black holes". You have a whole team trying to get attention from scouts while 2-4 players already have contracts. Unless players are really personable, you have a pass-first point guard, or the coach has an iron-fist its tough for nba contract players to get big numbers(big like 30+pts). That's decent numbers for him. But I still expect more, if he expects to survive in the league. He should spend 3/4 of the season down there. He needs the time on the floor and become the type of player who demands the ball on offence down there.
        I watched a some of the game and Alabi was asking for the ball in paint a lot so I'd have to say he is demanding the ball offensively.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          I watched a some of the game and Alabi was asking for the ball in paint a lot so I'd have to say he is demanding the ball offensively.
          Game #2

MP 24
          Fouls 4 - That is 8 is two games in about 50 minutes in the D-League where no one guards anyone.

FGA 6
          FGM 1
          FTA 8
          FTM 6
          Points 8
          Blocks 2
          Turnovers 3

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201...t2hp2021000006

I saw part of the game and he was running like he was in mud up to his ankles

This was the second of a back to back.

He also had trouble with that in the LVSL

Seems like he is not too well conditioned.

Maybe playing 2 games a week in the D-League will help.

By Comparison Johnson in the D-League averaged per game in 32 mpg

Fouls 4 in same as about Alabi in about 8 more mpg

Points 18
          Rebounds 9
          Blocks 2
          FG% 64%
          FT% 74

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ohnsam01d.html

Look at the problems Johnson is still having learning how to play in the NBA.

Alabi has a long way to go 4sure.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

he is 7'2 I wouldn't expect him to be too fast from what I have seen I think he will out run most big men in the league

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
              he is 7'2 I wouldn't expect him to be too fast from what I have seen I think he will out run most big men in the league

According to his Chicago combine measurements he is only 6'11 1/2"

Noah is 6'11"

Even Amir is now probably 6'10 to 6'11"
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

according to that list noah is 6'10.5"

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  You can watch almost all of them...

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/dleague_webcasts.html
                  Thats why i said "some but not all" ...

Comment

+1 Alabi was constantly calling for the ball but other players wouldnt pass it up and instead took some poor shots

Comment

Working...
                    X