Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't NOH take Jose?

What do you guys think?

My guess: NOH preferred Jack....b/c if BC wanted to make a move like this I dont think he would care which PG he gave up

Interesting why they didn't take Jose though. It would potentially be an ideal situation for him. Just coming in to keep the offense going, no turnovers, feed it into D.west, and hit threes - similar to those big seasons he had where he was probably the best backup PG in the league. He hits a lot of big shots too he's the kind of guy who belongs on a contender like that.

But, like I said Im sure NOH had their choice. I guess they want the better defense and the option of playing Jack with CP3 a bit...
    NOH preferred Jack
    88.89%
    BC wouldn't give up Jose
    11.11%

Jack is one of CP3s best friends. /thread

Comment

Jack's salary is less expensive..and Jack can play the 2 spot as well. More flexibility

Comment

I heard they're friends, but main reasons must have been on-the-court stuff....

yeah, the main problem is you cant really play CP3 and Jose together at all, while you can somewhat with Jack.

But dang, Jose off the bench for 10-15 mins a night is a serious weapon

Comment

Because New Orleans has a purpose besides fixing the Raptors payroll problems.

Also, it's possible they've watched Jack and Calderon play in the last two years.
          You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
            Interesting why they didn't take Jose though. It would potentially be an ideal situation for him. Just coming in to keep the offense going, no turnovers, feed it into D.west, and hit threes - similar to those big seasons he had where he was probably the best backup PG in the league. He hits a lot of big shots too he's the kind of guy who belongs on a contender like that.

But, like I said Im sure NOH had their choice. I guess they want the better defense and the option of playing Jack with CP3 a bit...
            NOH didn't really have a choice as Calderon's contract was much more expensive. I do think they felt Jack was a better fit. But Jose's contract would have been a non-starter as NOH wants to resign Paul and needs that room for him and other supporting pieces. (Whether Paul will sign or not is a separate question - the "signing my best buddy Jarrett" trick hasn't worked yet)
            http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

I see, the contract was the killer (whats it like another 3-4 million?)...makes sense

Comment

I see, the contract was the killer (whats it like another 3-4 million?)...makes sense
                Jarrett Jack Salary - Raptors: $4.86M 2011 | $5.22M 2012 | $5.58M 2013

Jose Calderon Salary - Raptors: $9.00M 2011 | $9.78M 2012 | $10.6M 2013

Comment

I think you all are right, but I'm glad. Jack was acting like giant baby because of the early losing and if he missed a few shots would go on almost like an offensive rampage where he would get no one else involved. Jose is on of the last true Raptors and though BC will prob make another trade to bring in another point gaurd, Jose will be better at leading through losing (if it continues).

Comment

Jose's contract is real ugly. I'm pretty sure if Jose had the contract Jarrett has, a whole lot more teams would be BBMing BC about him. Sadly, he just isn't worth that much money.

NOH is trying to shed salary, not gain more.

Comment

- Better contract than Jose.
                      - Great friends with CP3.
                      - Can play Jack at the 2 if you're in a pinch, Calderon not so much.

Comment

I can think of about 5 million reasons each year for the next 2 seasons after this.

Comment

I think it is more than that because if Jose was involved in the trade rather than Jack, NOH would have still been paying luxury tax which is 100% of the amount of a team's payroll in excess of the Luxury tax threshold.

I think now NOH will be just below or just above the threshold so the difference in financial hit to HOH with Calderon vs Jack could have been closer to $8 million for this season.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Itll be interesting if JJ takes any of Belli's time @ the 2 spot.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Itll be interesting if JJ takes any of Belli's time @ the 2 spot.
                              I am pretty sure that CP3 will have some input on that subject.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X