Raptors Salary 2011-2012 = 50 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Salary 2011-2012 = 50 Million

wanted to point out that just because we got peja's $15 million coming off the books after this season, it doesnt necessarily mean we are $15 million under the cap like some would have you believe.

Not sure where you got that number, but I've read it's lower than that. And Barbosa has a player option that, if he has a good year, he will probably not exercise.

As for the cap, we have no idea how much under the cap they will be since we don't know what the cap will be next season, or if there will be a next season.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The number is 45 not 50 - http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
        wanted to point out that just because we got peja's $15 million coming off the books after this season, it doesnt necessarily mean we are $15 million under the cap like some would have you believe.
        Wanted to point out you are yet again wrong. The Raps are looking at a payroll of $45.1M next year.

These are the players under contract for next year: Calderon, Bargnani, Amir, Linas, DD, Davis, Bayless, and Alabi.

Restricted free agents: Weems, Dorsey, Wright

Player option of $7.6 for Barbosa which, if he opts OUT, would bring the payroll down to $37.5M.

Of course this is all based on current CBA. Next year nobody knows what the cap will be.

This is a classic example of your typical comments that have no fact.

Let me get this out of the way for you: I know I'm a douchebag and I love BC's man-bits.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Not sure where you got that number, but I've read it's lower than that. And Barbosa has a player option that, if he has a good year, he will probably not exercise.

As for the cap, we have no idea how much under the cap they will be since we don't know what the cap will be next season, or if there will be a next season.
          You think Barbosa is going to get more than 7.6 million from anyone in the NBA !!

We are committed about 45 million next year without Weems and Julian Wright !! Assuming that we give Weems a 5 million and pick up the Qualifying offer on Wright for 4 million, then we sit on 54 million next year. Add to that the 2 first rounders that we have for next year and that will push us close to 60 unless BC trade our first round draft picks

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165
          Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sun Nov 21, 2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
            LOL @ I don't know how to count. Dude, we'll have under $40M in salaries if Barbosa opts out, and he most likely will unless he gets traded before the dead-line.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              LOL @ I don't know how to count. Dude, we'll have under $40M in salaries if Barbosa opts out, and he most likely will unless he gets traded before the dead-line.
              I am not sure that Barbosa will opt out if has a good season.

Depending on how well the Raptors play and where they finish in the standings he may be having too much fun with all the guys who can run with him.

Barbosa is most effective in an uptempo offense.

Too early to tell what will happen one way or the other.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                Why would he opt out of 7.6 million contract ??

Comment

Barbosa may opt out to secure a longer term deal at less money per year. Would you take 7 mil for one year or 5 mil per year for 3 years.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                    To get a longer deal with a play-off team.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      EVeryone was surprised when Richard Jefferson opted out of his contract. He is making quite a bit less this season, but he's more secure over the long term. It wasn't even about changing teams, as he obviously stayed. Barbosa will turn 29 next season and he knows as well as anyone that you can't bank on being healthy all the time. If he has a decent season, I think he'll strike while the iron is hot. It simply make good, long term sense.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Opting out will give him an option for Europe next year as well, in case of a NBA lockout

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                          Opting out will give him an option for Europe next year as well, in case of a NBA lockout
                          That's true, didn't think of that.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                            I think a player under contract can still play in Europe during a lockout. I remember some talk about some players thinking about playing in Europe during the last lockout, but no one did. The problem is that a European team is putting a pretty big investment in a foreign player if they sign him, because they're only allowed two (I believe). Who is going to sign an NBA player when they have no idea how long they'll be with the team. It could be a month or all season. I think some subpar teams might want to sign and NBA player, but the good teams probably would rather not.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              EVeryone was surprised when Richard Jefferson opted out of his contract. He is making quite a bit less this season, but he's more secure over the long term. It wasn't even about changing teams, as he obviously stayed. Barbosa will turn 29 next season and he knows as well as anyone that you can't bank on being healthy all the time. If he has a decent season, I think he'll strike while the iron is hot. It simply make good, long term sense.
                              Maybe but given the new CBA and chance of Lock out and his age and his health, I actually see him stay put and cash out on that 7.6 million and then see what the market is like.

Comment

Working...
                              X