Raptors Salary 2011-2012 = 50 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    It was the smart thing for Jefferson to do. Instead of collecting 14 mil for one season, he opted out at a much cap friendly salary and in the long run gets more security and money.
    thanks for explaining that to us

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
      thanks for explaining that to us
      I knew you'd need the explanation. You're welcome.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I knew you'd need the explanation. You're welcome.
        nothing gets by you does it ?

Comment

nothing gets by you does it ?
          Once again, way to bring something to the board. You don't bring anything of any quality or substance to the board. You're just here to stir the pot.

Even your signature of "to some raptor fans michael beasley and al harrington are franchise players cuz they can score 20 pts a game and hit the 3...

they also think you can be a fast-break high tempo team WITHOUT rebounding the ball..." proves it. Just a suggestion - maybe you'd be better off elsewhere.

Comment

yea, everyone was surprised cuz it happens so rarely that an overpaid player opts out...

and either way, if he opts out and signs a longer term deal with the same team (like RJ), that would increase our salaries even more...
            In 2011-12 he is owed $7.6M.

If he opted out and resigned for 4years and $20M that would actually free up $2.6M to spend money elsewhere.

Yes, it would take money away from the cap in 2012-2015, however, $5M a year for a player of his ability is a good deal in my opinion.

If Bayless plays well though, I could see Barbosa traded or not resigned if he opted out as they seem to have a similar skill set but Bayless is obviously 5 years younger.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              In 2011-12 he is owed $7.6M.

If he opted out and resigned for 4years and $20M that would actually free up $2.6M to spend money elsewhere.

Yes, it would take money away from the cap in 2012-2015, however, $5M a year for a player of his ability is a good deal in my opinion.

If Bayless plays well though, I could see Barbosa traded or not resigned if he opted out as they seem to have a similar skill set but Bayless is obviously 5 years younger.
              ok what what about your addition skills ?

Comment

ok what what about your addition skills ?
                Salary for 2011-2012 is $7.6M.
                He opts out - $7.6M saved.
                Re-signed for $5M per season.
                Savings of $2.6M in 2011-2012.

Future years he is on the books for about $5M per season.
                Good deal for rotational player who is well above average NBA player.
                Good deal when average salary in NBA is $5.84M.

I can't make it anymore clear. Hopefully that made sense.

Comment

Salary for 2011-2012 is $7.6M.
                  He opts out - $7.6M saved.
                  Re-signed for $5M per season.
                  Savings of $2.6M in 2011-2012.

I can't make it anymore clear. Hopefully that made sense.
                  yea but you said 41.6 million... you didnt add the hypothetical of barbosa opting out, and resigning.. and you didnt add the 2 1st round picks, plus sonny weems...

adding all that and its closer to 60 million... a 150% increase from your original projection.

can i be any more clear ?

Comment

we're not talking about how much barbosa is worth... we're talking about the raps salary for next season.

Comment

Barbosa would be making more money if he decides to opt out and sign a multi-year contract. If he will make a total of $7.6M if he takes on his player option, why wouldn't he want to make maybe $20-25M playing more years?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        Barbosa would be making more money if he decides to opt out and sign a multi-year contract. If he will make a total of $7.6M if he takes on his player option, why wouldn't he want to make maybe $20-25M playing more years?
                        right, even after that the total salaries of all the players is close to $60 million...

Comment

that's not counting barbosa... and again you think someone is going to be offering this guy over 7.5 mill ? he'd be insane not to exercise the P/O
                          The Raptor's payroll next season is approximately $45 million. If Barbosa opts out (and the Raptors don't re-sign him), that puts it down to about $38 million, not including rookie contracts or anything else added.

And, again, no one is saying anyone is going to offer him more than that. Jefferson got something like $6 million less this season by opting out, but he did it in order to get the long term deal.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            The Raptor's payroll next season is approximately $45 million. If Barbosa opts out (and the Raptors don't re-sign him), that puts it down to about $38 million, not including rookie contracts or anything else added.

And, again, no one is saying anyone is going to offer him more than that. Jefferson got something like $6 million less this season by opting out, but he did it in order to get the long term deal.
                            im looking at two different web sites that show $50 mil... even if barbosa opts out, we HAVE 2 1st round picks and sonny weems potentially...

i dont know where you're getting your $45 million from and at this point i really dont care.

Comment

is this guy for real?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

yea but you said 41.6 million... you didnt add the hypothetical of barbosa opting out, and resigning.. and you didnt add the 2 1st round picks, plus sonny weems...

adding all that and its closer to 60 million... a 150% increase from your original projection.

can i be any more clear ?
                                Nowhere did I type $41.6M.

IF Barbosa opted out the Raptors would be looking at a payroll of $37.5M. Resign for $5M a year - hypothetically - and $42.5. Sign Weems for$4-5M per season - hypothetical - and you're looking at $47.5M (average of what said) toss in 2 first round draft picks (lets say $4M and $2M), $53.5M - again hypothetical.

I'm missing the point here though. I think it is because you're original point was flawed and others, myself included, jumped on it. Most likely this was done from the antagonizing and sarcastic posts you've made to others, myself included.

If you put in all your hypotheticals, yes the Raptors are around $50M but no reference was made to that in your original post and as of now, the Raptors are only on the hook for $45M next season which is $5M less than they were before the Peja trade.

Please do not reply with, "You're an idiot and should have been able to understand what I was typing eventhough my point was not made clear."

Comment

Working...
                                X