not that anyone is counting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick wrote: View Post
    Miami will definately be good. It may not be this year, but it will definately come. Who really cares, I don't think we ever won against Boston with Bosh..
    Hopefully it is not this year. We have their draft pick! (I'm sure you know that). No doubt they will make the playoffs though. A 15-16 pick would be sweet but low-20's would be much more realistic.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      That would probably mean Bosh would move to center. He's had a few good games lately.
      Remember the games Bosh was forced to play C for the Raps? If he is their starting C they are in trouble against the really good bigs of the league.

LeBron could play PF but will he? Will he post up more than twice a game? He could and should. THat guy would be impossible to stop if he mixed it up in the post more - oh yeah, that would imply developing a post game too.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Remember the games Bosh was forced to play C for the Raps? If he is their starting C they are in trouble against the really good bigs of the league.

LeBron could play PF but will he? Will he post up more than twice a game? He could and should. THat guy would be impossible to stop if he mixed it up in the post more - oh yeah, that would imply developing a post game too.
        When was the last time Bosh was forced to lay center for the Raptors? And if they play a player with a good big, they can simply use Ilgauskus on him more. I also think there's a good chance Dampier ends up eventually signing with Miami.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

What? WHy do they need a lottery pick? There's a good chance they'll sign Dampier, who is still a good defensive presence, and if there is still a MLE after the new CBA, they can easily use it to spend on a good PG for next season. The already have Mike Miller, who is injured, and Udonis Haslem, who is now also injured. Miami is not nearly as bad as they appear now, and with another piece or two, they'll be a lot better. Besides, it's more chemistry they lack, not talent. I think you're vastly underestimating the talent Miami has.
          Dampier already worked out for Miami during training camp, and he really wanted to join them. But apparently he got worked over by Jamaal Magloire in the workouts (or so rumour has it). So, if he can't beat out Magloire, then why would Miami want to sign him other then just for depth?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            Dampier already worked out for Miami during training camp, and he really wanted to join them. But apparently he got worked over by Jamaal Magloire in the workouts (or so rumour has it). So, if he can't beat out Magloire, then why would Miami want to sign him other then just for depth?
            I heard that MIami wanted to sign him, but he didn't want to because he felt he wouldn't play a big role with the team. Hell, if Magloire works over anyone, at this stage of his career, they shouldn't make any team.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              From ESPN:

Sources: Heat to sign Erick Dampier

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=5839820
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

From ESPN:

Sources: Heat to sign Erick Dampier

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=5839820
                This is great. Early signs of desperation and clear weakness starting to emerge with the Heat?

Comment

I don't think this was desperation. They did what needed to be done. The Raptors were in the hunt for Dampier as well so is Colangelo in desperation mode?

Comment

When was the last time Bosh was forced to lay center for the Raptors? And if they play a player with a good big, they can simply use Ilgauskus on him more. I also think there's a good chance Dampier ends up eventually signing with Miami.
                    2005-2007 he was often forced to guard opposing teams centres, I thought. I recall him talking about not wanting to play C and bang with the bigger players in the league. This was one of the reasons J.O. was brought in. I could be wrong here. I could go back and look but if I'm wrong here, I apologize.

Comment

2005-2007 he was often forced to guard opposing teams centres, I thought. I recall him talking about not wanting to play C and bang with the bigger players in the league. This was one of the reasons J.O. was brought in. I could be wrong here. I could go back and look but if I'm wrong here, I apologize.
                      Actually, I'm pretty sure it was pre-2006, before Nesterovic, Bargnani and O'Neal played center for the Raptors. It was a while ago, which was my point. I think Bosh weighed 145 lbs, back then. He's bulked up considerably since then.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was pre-2006, before Nesterovic, Bargnani and O'Neal played center for the Raptors. It was a while ago, which was my point. I think Bosh weighed 145 lbs, back then. He's bulked up considerably since then.
                        He bulked up only for last year and of course that was only to get his deal. We have seen what has happened as the season went on last year and in to the summer - he has developed a weight-room phobia and an eating disorder.

Comment

He bulked up only for last year and of course that was only to get his deal. We have seen what has happened as the season went on last year and in to the summer - he has developed a weight-room phobia and an eating disorder.
                          He gained a fair bit of weight even before last year. JUst the fact that he got older and his body matured probably gave him 20 more pounds. I think he was listed at something like 215 when he came out of Georgia Tech. Take a look at the two pictures below. The first is obvious at GT, the second one is from 2008, the season before he bulked up.

There was obviously quite a bit of muscle gain even before his big summer. I'd say at least 20 lbs.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He gained a fair bit of weight even before last year. JUst the fact that he got older and his body matured probably gave him 20 more pounds. I think he was listed at something like 215 when he came out of Georgia Tech. Take a look at the two pictures below. The first is obvious at GT, the second one is from 2008, the season before he bulked up.

There was obviously quite a bit of muscle gain even before his big summer. I'd say at least 20 lbs.
                            Of course there was. He was 18 at GT. The year before last season he would have been 24. To only put on 20lbs is weak, that is just natural maturation - not work. I know everyone is different but....

I'm 6'8". When I graduated high school at 18 I was 180lbs. I hit the weight room and protein and 195 by the start of university season, 210-215 year 2, year 3 225, year 4 230, and my final year 5 235. Once I stopped playing and just worked out with a bit of rec ball I reached 250 by 26 but that was too heavy and my knees suffered.

The guy really didn't put the work in until his contract year. I have a problem with that especially considering he has lost all that bulk and he is a PF. Luckily it is no longer the Raptors problem.

Bosh did play C for the Raps and complained about it. He talked about not wanting to play C for the HEAT. Looks like he is going to be back to where he started during some games with the HEAT now.

If I'm wrong so be it, all the above was my opinion.

Comment

Yeah he looks pretty tough

Comment

I think you're underrating the pain tolerance required to sit in that position Multipaul.

Comment

Working...
                                X