BC still has to make one more trade: Kleiza or Barbosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
    Well I guess its different philiophies on how you want to run a team. Its not like you literally CANT have a 9/10 man rotation, but I would not do it, most teams do not do it, and I think you can see the results are pretty choppy when the Raps try it.

We'll see how BC and Triano want to run things. My prediction is that they have only recently committed to the full rebuild so either kleiza or barbosa will be gone soon because its too many bodies.

The other thing is that many players would not want to be in that situation. If you read some of the reports about even Bayless, I dont think he would be happy as a 10th man in any rotation (let alone the Raps). Kleiza did not like a reduced role even on a contending team like Denver. Barbosa seems a little more mellow (maybe b/c he's older), but if he still has some competitive juices, he would not want to be the 10th man on a rebuilding Raps squad when he fits as a 6th man on just about any title contender.
    A lot of teams have an 8 man rotation out of necessity, not choice. If they had more talented players outside of the top 8, they might have a bigger rotation. The big problem with most teams is when the bench comes in there is a dropoff in production. It's why they don't like to have 5 bench players on the floor together. Teams usually like to have at least 1 or two starters on the floor at all times. With the Raptors, there is very little dropoff, if any. It means they can play two completely separate units.

And as I said, the Raptors aren't a contender. The playoffs, despite what some think after the three game winning streak, is a pipe dream. Right now, for the Raptors, the most important thing is not wins, but in keeping or adding to the value of their assets AND keeping as many assets as possible. The best way to do that is to play as many player as they can.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      A lot of teams have an 8 man rotation out of necessity, not choice. If they had more talented players outside of the top 8, they might have a bigger rotation. The big problem with most teams is when the bench comes in there is a dropoff in production. It's why they don't like to have 5 bench players on the floor together. Teams usually like to have at least 1 or two starters on the floor at all times. With the Raptors, there is very little dropoff, if any. It means they can play two completely separate units.

And as I said, the Raptors aren't a contender. The playoffs, despite what some think after the three game winning streak, is a pipe dream. Right now, for the Raptors, the most important thing is not wins, but in keeping or adding to the value of their assets AND keeping as many assets as possible. The best way to do that is to play as many player as they can.
      Ok so out of Kleiza/Barbosa/Bayless, which of those three are you going to tell they're the 10th man in the rotation?

Thats why I am saying another trade is coming soon

Comment

Peja and Reggie wont be traded, no team is looking for 30+ accident prone, high payed players for their team. Kleiza is probably the one BC is going to Keep, he gives the Raptors more depth, more options on offence and he is contract is really good. As for Babrbosa he will most likely get traded right after the all-star weekend to a major team in the NBA, he is a player that every team would love to have because of his time with Steve Nash. Or he will become a Free Agent. This should be the starting line-up for nexy year:
        C: Amir Johnson
        PF: Andrea
        SF: Sonny Weems
        SG: DeMar DeRozen
        PG: Jose Calderon

2ND UNIT
        C:???
        PF: Ed Davis
        SF: Kleiza/Wright
        SG: Wright/Kleiza
        PG: Bayless

Now i dont think they should keep Joey Dorsey, he is under-sized, slow and incapable to run the floor with the rest of the team. With these players the Raptors will have around 10mil of Capspace for all their needs like a C and a SG. They Will also have their draft picks as they got the first round from Miami, and chances are its going to be a late pick so the Raptors are going to get cash from Miami, which gives them more options with the free agency.

Comment

EastYork wrote: View Post
          Peja and Reggie wont be traded, no team is looking for 30+ accident prone, high payed players for their team. Kleiza is probably the one BC is going to Keep, he gives the Raptors more depth, more options on offence and he is contract is really good. As for Babrbosa he will most likely get traded right after the all-star weekend to a major team in the NBA, he is a player that every team would love to have because of his time with Steve Nash. Or he will become a Free Agent. This should be the starting line-up for nexy year:
          C: Amir Johnson
          PF: Andrea
          SF: Sonny Weems
          SG: DeMar DeRozen
          PG: Jose Calderon

2ND UNIT
          C:???
          PF: Ed Davis
          SF: Kleiza/Wright
          SG: Wright/Kleiza
          PG: Bayless

Now i dont think they should keep Joey Dorsey, he is under-sized, slow and incapable to run the floor with the rest of the team. With these players the Raptors will have around 10mil of Capspace for all their needs like a C and a SG. They Will also have their draft picks as they got the first round from Miami, and chances are its going to be a late pick so the Raptors are going to get cash from Miami, which gives them more options with the free agency.
          A couple things,

1. Bargnani plays center and Amir power forward.
          2. Weems will never start again in Raptors uniform.
          3. Dorsey is really good, and gives us hustle and energy. He puts in 100% effort every minute he plays, and makes up for him size. He is like a younger Reggie.
          4. A front court rotation of Bargnani/Johnson/Davis/Kleiza/Dorsey is pretty good. But I agree that we should get a C, a defensive one.
          5. Kleiza is a SF/PF not SG
          6. Teams do actually want players like Peja and Reggie who are expirings. Peja is $16M, and we could get a better more useful player who has more years on his contract on a team which is rebuilding or just wants to save money.

Anyways, welcome to the forum man

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
            If we can somehow get Chris Kaman from Clippers Id do it..
            Ya I think we'd all love an All-Star 7' Banging Center... sighs...
            Would be perfect beside Bargs actually ...
            Whitest big man starting duo in the league! hahah

Comment

i think BC has a lot more than just ONE more trade to make.

Comment

Working...
              X