Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Fans are Delusional!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Peja has the 3rd most made 3 pointers behind reggie and ray allen and still has few more years in him.

    No doubt Ray is awesome, I am a big fan of his.
    yea and he has played 14 seasons in the league and shoots primarily 3s by sheer math he's going to be on a list doesnt mean he's the best at or most efficient.....

    If he was so great he woulda been able to dominate in the playoffs with his range and he hasnt.....In terms of range and mechanics and release Ray Ray has the best shot in the league and he's american....i could name half a dozen others...but i wont cuz ur a dweeeb.

    PS : 2 rebounds !

    Comment


    • #47
      Trife76 wrote: View Post
      Ray Allen is better than all of them...your argument is moot as soon as you typed bargs,hedo,gallo...and peja,is puss see his playoff numbers for confirmation....nash and balki ginobli arent euros...

      Best shooters are americans....
      Players are good or bad shooters as individuals, not because of their ethnicity or the style of ball they play. I don't care who you're talking about or what you're saying about them, but please don't lay the foundation of your argument on stereotypes, otherwise you come off sounding like the basketball equivalent of Don Cherry - even when he has a legit point to make nobody listens or cares anymore, because of his long tradition of stereotyping players.

      I really don't care where a player is from as long as they come in and work hard, put the team first, have a positive attitude and contribute positively to the team's success game after game...

      Comment


      • #48
        Trife76 wrote: View Post
        yea and he has played 14 seasons in the league and shoots primarily 3s by sheer math he's going to be on a list doesnt mean he's the best at or most efficient.....

        If he was so great he woulda been able to dominate in the playoffs with his range and he hasnt.....In terms of range and mechanics and release Ray Ray has the best shot in the league and he's american....i could name half a dozen others...but i wont cuz ur a dweeeb.

        PS : 2 rebounds !
        I don't even think you live in Toronto. You should have your posting privileges revoked, you make a mockery of this board and everyone on it. Your parents probably hate you too.

        Comment


        • #49
          CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Players are good or bad shooters as individuals, not because of their ethnicity or the style of ball they play. I don't care who you're talking about or what you're saying about them, but please don't lay the foundation of your argument on stereotypes, otherwise you come off sounding like the basketball equivalent of Don Cherry - even when he has a legit point to make nobody listens or cares anymore, because of his long tradition of stereotyping players.

          I really don't care where a player is from as long as they come in and work hard, put the team first, have a positive attitude and contribute positively to the team's success game after game...
          Thanks for ur feedback...I actually combat the non sense thats brought about by certain bandwagoneers of individual players that are not raptor fans.....if you would read you might see that....

          Comment


          • #50
            Multipaul wrote: View Post
            I don't even think you live in Toronto. You should have your posting privileges revoked, you make a mockery of this board and everyone on it. Your parents probably hate you too.
            Stop lying about ur ethnicity

            Comment


            • #51
              Trife76 wrote: View Post
              Thanks for ur feedback...I actually combat the non sense thats brought about by certain bandwagoneers of individual players that are not raptor fans.....if you would read you might see that....
              I could care less about your other posts. I was replying to your ongoing posts that essentially claimed that "black american players were better shooters than white non-american players", to paraphrase. If you want to discuss a particular player's shooting ability or compare the shooting abilities of multiple players, then cool I suggest you start a thread to do just that. If you are going to use racial stereotyping to bolster your argument (which was??) then please do so on your on raptors blog site.

              Comment


              • #52
                Its all about style of play and TOUGHNESS! Face it, Comrades, the EUROS are NOT tough enough because of the style of play (finesse) that they came up in. Those of you on here that are playing the race card at every turn are full of dung.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Compared to Leaf fans, Rap fans are on solid ground.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Karl Marx wrote: View Post
                    Its all about style of play and TOUGHNESS! Face it, Comrades, the EUROS are NOT tough enough because of the style of play (finesse) that they came up in. Those of you on here that are playing the race card at every turn are full of dung.
                    You do know that Euro ball is also made up of individuals leagues? What evidence do you have that "EUROS are NOT tough enough because of the style of play (finesse) that they came up in". Are you absolutely sure that the same style of ball is played in Russia as it is in Turkey as it is in Greece or Slovenia etc etc? If not, then your post is just another one of those cases of generalizing that comes pretty close to racial profiling because of the facts with regard to the make up of racial demographics in the NBA. In the least it is uninformed.

                    Tony Parker, Pietrus, Batum, Turiaf, Sefolosha, Pachulia, Novitzski, Schrempf, Deng, Biedrins, Sarbonis, Gortat, Kirilenko etc etc must obviously dont impress you as "tough enough".

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      First of all, the Euro/American thing does have SOME validity, but only in the athletic sense. For whatever reason, some races are just naturally faster or stronger or taller than others. How many world-class Spanish sprinters are there relative to Jamaican sprinters? Not many, even though there are a LOT more Spaniards in this world than there are Jamaicans. However, it doesn't mean that Europeans are any less "tough" or less talented than North Americans. You can only look at it athletically.

                      Second, Raptors fans are not delusional. Nor are any other fans of any other teams. Believing that DeMar DeRozan will be a perennial all-star, or that the Raps will finish 4th in the East this year, is not delusional. It's pride for your team and your players. What's the point of being a fan if all you want is for your lowly prediction of a 17-win season to come true? "Hooray! Bargnani's rebounding numbers are down from last year! I sure called that one!" "5-9?! Uh oh, sure didn't think we'd beat Boston and Orlando. So much for Harrison Barnes..."

                      I hope that the Toronto Raptors win the NBA Title this year. Yes, the probably of this happening is very, very low. But no, I am not delusional.
                      Last edited by jrdyck; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 09:35 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        jrdyck wrote: View Post
                        I hope that the Toronto Raptors win the NBA Title this year. Yes, the probably of this happening is very, very low. But no, I am not delusional.
                        i like the cut of your jib, sir.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Gotta agree, some even complained after we beat Boston. I was just jumping around for 20 minutes.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            ...argue Euro vs American are borderline racist.
                            I just check this thread today. You played the "racist" card after I suggested 'Euro vs American' as one of the reasons people cheer/don't cheer. Really? I can tell you I am a mix of different races. So I guess we can drop that angle....

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              This is MAIN reason I started reading. But some people like to argue just to argue. Selective reading is what I suggest. Don't get sucked in. Go Raps!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I saw a lot of delusion up until the end of last year over Bargnani's perceived skills. This year I see a lot of negative reinforcement where he is concerned. Last year he was the second coming of Dirk, this year he's worthless bench filler.

                                I see a lot of fans being sucked into this "young gunz" marketing gimmick. The whole idea is just an excuse for the fact that the current team isn't good. The marketing would be around one or more of the players instead of an abstract idea like "young gunz" if the team had any top 50 players.

                                It's possible some fans think a basketball team can win without great players, and that would definitely be a delusion. I like the idea that the games are entertaining because the team is playing hard. That's an idea I've seen expressed over and over. But playing hard cannot replace talent. This team needs 3 or 4 top 50 players to be contenders, and Colangelo recently used the figure "4 years" to time this latest rebuilding cycle. So I guess he thinks it could take that long to build such a team.

                                I also see coaches and players blamed for the team's longstanding crumminess, and I'd like to point out that bad owners are responsible for longterm losing programs. Or, as I like to say -- "the fish rots from the head". MLSE and specifically Richard Peddie bear the most responsibility for the desire of great American players (Bosh, T-Mac, Vinsanity)to leave Toronto.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X