X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    ab7 wrote: View Post
    I see a bunch of fan bashing about bargs rebound....I give it to you he canT.

BUT when u are loking at a starting front court who in the best world give u about 25-28 rebound i think as a team we are not tha bad
    sf 5-8 pf 8-10 c 10 or more

Si if weems grabs 5 evans keep taking 13 an bargnani 6 its still looks good front court not
    great but good

what do u think

pS same aplies if weems has 7 barg 2 and evans 16

I understand why some people point out Bargnani's poor rebounding and use it to bash him, because the traditional role of a C has been to rebound and clog the paint defensively, while the rest of the teams score points. This is where I have a hard time with the constant bashing of Bargnani, because I don't like looking at one player's stats in a vacuum and determing the worth of that player to his team. From my point of view, a team's starting 5 should be evaluated as a cohesive unit. Does it really matter who scores or who rebounds, as long as you get enough of both?

Also, for people that would prefer a C that rebounds more than Bargnani, who exactly on the current roster would replace all of Bargnani's scoring? I think if the Raptors made a move to replace Bargnani with a C who was more geared towards rebounding and defense, they would have to replace the PFs too, with a starting PF who is more geared towards scoring, to effectively compliment each other.

THat's my biggest beef, in that it's not as simple as "trade Bargnani because he can't rebound". You have to look at the team as a whole, whether you like Bargnani or not.

Leave a comment:

• ab7
    replied
    WTV ... an english class wasn't the point of the post but thanks anyways i guess

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    ab7 wrote: View Post

BUT when u are loking at a starting front court who in the best world give u about 25-28 rebound i think as a team we are not tha bad

Si if weems grabs 5 evans keep taking 13 an bargnani 6 its still looks good front court not
    great but good

what do u think

I would agree.

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    i think that you think that you're using words, but you're not.

whatever you're saying though... i think you're right... as a team, i'm sure the raps are ranked decently for rebounds.. at least ALOT better than they've been in years.

Leave a comment:

• ab7
    started a topic reboundssssssss

reboundssssssss

great but good

what do u think

Working...
X