Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Send Ed Davis to D-League

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/davis_dleague_112210

The Toronto Raptors announced Monday rookie forward Ed Davis will participate with the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League for a short-term rehabilitation and conditioning stint. Davis sustained a meniscus tear in his right knee prior to the start of training camp and has been cleared to resume game action. He will continue to be included on the Raptors roster, but will be placed on the team’s inactive list.

“This is a great opportunity for us to gauge where Ed is physically with regard to his knee and his overall basketball conditioning,” said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. “This is a perfect example where the D-League can be used as a ready-made and convenient tool in getting an injured player back on the court.”

Davis, 21, was the 13th overall draft choice by Toronto in the 2010 NBA Draft. The 6-foot-10, 225-pounder from the University of North Carolina averaged 12.6 points (3rd on the team) and 6.0 rebounds (2nd on the team) in the 2010 NBA Las Vegas Summer League. He shot .632 (24-of-38) from the field and tied for the team lead with nine blocks.

Davis is the fifth Raptor to play in the D-League. Solomon Alabi joined the BayHawks on November 15. Nathan Jawai was designated on two occasions in the 2008-09 season to the Idaho Stampede. P.J. Tucker was assigned twice to the Colorado 14ers during the 2006-07 season and Pape Sow was assigned to the Arkansas Rimrockers in the 2005-06 campaign.

Erie, which is led by head coach Jay Larranaga, has been appointed as Toronto’s D-League affiliate for the 2010-11 season.

Really hope he gets into game shape fast down there. Very interested to see what he can do at the NBA level, and how he'll help this team this season, and going forward.

Comment

The Bayhawks next game isnt until Friday. I wonder how short a "short-term rehabilitation and conditioning stint" is. 2 weeks?

Comment

I think if he's back with the team and practicing by mid-December, that would be good for him. He has a lot of catching up to do, but he needs NBA minutes ASAP.
        It's about money

Comment

GO ED! I can't wait for him to come back, he will bring so much to this team. Plus, I hope he'll dominate the D-League with Alabi, scariest frontcourt in the "league"

Comment

yeah this shud be good for him, hopefully his rehab goes well and he can contribute up in the NBA
            http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

when / where / who Erie will play against next time?
              Let's go Raptors!

Comment

His first game should be this Friday at @Fort Wayne.

It starts at 7:30 PM EST and looks like it will be available for viewing free of charge on the Net

I believe that the Raptors play at Boston Friday starting at 7:00 PM EST
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                X