• Show
Clear All

• BC Is Smiling Right Now If He is Still Awake

Jacks first game with the 11 - 1 Hornets vs 1 - 13 Clippers

Clippers 99 and Jack's Hornets 95

Raptors are 1 - 0 without Jack with win vs Celtics
    Hornets are 0 - 1 with Jack with loss to Clippers

Things are looking up in Raptorland.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Nov 23, 2010, 02:27 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Are you kidding me? Did Peja or Bayless even contribute to the Raptors win? Is the NO loss to the fault of Jack?

I can't believe this is even a thread.

PLEASE tell me it was some kind of joke. *** x 1000

Comment

OntheGo wrote: View Post
      Are you kidding me? Did Peja or Bayless even contribute to the Raptors win? Is the NO loss to the fault of Jack?

Just removing Jack is a plus for the Raptors

Yea, yea it is.

Jack has never won at any level that he has played since high school.

Don't believe it you can look it up yourself.

The Raptors unloaded a combo guard who doesn't make your team any better and probably worse.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

jack played well, it not his fault fully that N.O lost, it's a team as a whole.

Anyways. With or without Jack, Raptors still not a playoff team.... and Bayless is still a potential players ... so we might get a steal..

Comment

J. Jack

16:12 Min
          4-8FG
          4-4FT
          4Ast

12pts

Looks like he had a pretty awesome 16 minutes

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
            jack played well, it not his fault fully that N.O lost, it's a team as a whole.

Anyways. With or without Jack, Raptors still not a playoff team.... and Bayless is still a potential players ... so we might get a steal..
            The offense stalled when he was on the court and he was going up against the Clippers third string PG a rookie Willie Warren for a good part of the time.

Yea he chucked up his shots and got a few assists but the Hornets were outscored while he was on the court.

One thing I will say in his defense is that he probably didn't have time to learn the playbook unless his buddy CP3 sent him a copy before the trade was completed

Buddies since their AAU days together.

The biggest smile a got was at the end of the game when the Clippers came from behind to win with both CP3 and Jack on the court together, just like Triano tried with Calderon and Jack.

That duo was a big bust for the Raptors and at least for tonight the CP3 and Jack playing together cost them the game in my opinion.

Of course if the Clippers had made their free throws the game would not even have been close.

Highlight of the game was Brian Cook beating his man off the dribble from the wing for an easy layup. I didn't think he had it in him anymore to do that, not that he did it much when he played for the Lakers.

Comment

I wish Jack nothing but the best. He wasn't the best pg but he certainly put his heart and soul into it. I liked his toughness. He was gritty. But saying all that, he also frustrated me on the same level most people get frustrated by bosh on this board.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Jack didn't play well, and when you lose to the Clippers you know something went wrong.

I completely agree with Buddha on this one.

Comment

OntheGo wrote: View Post

They haven't even play as Raptors yet...

Comment

Jose struggled as a starter vs Boston, Jack did not as a backup to Chris Paul vs The Clippers.

I fail to see how you made the connection of the two.

The Raptors are not a better team as of right now because of the trade.

Comment

Chris Paul was the one who turned the ball over at the end of the game. Through it off West's shin. They lost it because of a Paul TO

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Jose struggled as a starter vs Boston, Jack did not as a backup to Chris Paul vs The Clippers.

I fail to see how you made the connection of the two.

The Raptors are not a better team as of right now because of the trade.
                        Jack did not play well.

He was matched up for a good deal of the time against Willie Warren a rookie and the Clippers third string Point Guard.

Jack also screwed up big time in his court positioning near the very the end of the game when he was on the court with CP3. It created a very difficult pass situation for CP3 on a play that resulted in a turnover which most likely cost the Hornets a victory.

Comment

Are you guys seriously placing significance on this poor guys first game with his new team?????

Comment

So much damn hate. Let the guy be. He will be the one smiling and in the playoffs in April while us Raptor fanatics will be praying the ping pong balls fall in our favour and putting our hopes on the shoulders of yet another draft pick.

He played ok as Raptor and always carried himself professionally, why do people feel the need to spit on the guy when he gets traded.
                            Deadallus

Comment

Why is it that every rap player to get traded or leave via FA-with the exception of a very select few, Bonner comes to mind-is hated on by some raps fans? I don't get it. *scratching head*

Like Deadallus mentioned, dude played ok in the year+ he was here, seemed to be professional for the most part and tried to take on a leadership role within the team.

Why take pleasure in his new teams' loss/failure, especially considering it's only been 1 game.

Let's save our wrath for the Hedon'ts of the NBA!
                              Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Tue Nov 23, 2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X