Jamaal Magloire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaal Magloire

Erick Dampier looks like he has finally decided to sign with the Heat on a prorated Vet's minimum. To clear a roster spot, it looks like the Heat will either release Magloire or Pittman.

Source

If released, should the Raps consider adding him to the roster? I know that he's past his prime and some accounts have indicated that he's lazy and unmotivated. Could playing for the hometown crowd actually rejuvenate him? OR, sould Toronto pass on this aging vet as it may affect Davis' playing time and development? If we considered to sign Damp, wouldn't Magloire be just as adequate as a true center and a body that can still defend the paint?

PS> I also (along with several posters), thought that Dalembert could be had for a Stojakovic. As I've read, they're looking to inject more offense with Demarcus Cousins taking more of an active role of late (but I digress).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

I love magloire and yes he is past. I thought the lakers would be a great fit for him coming in to eat up some minutes and provide a solid place in the paint. His play last season was strong for the heat and they are lacking exactly what he provides so my guess is lebron doesn't like him for some reason.

He could help and wouldn't demand minutes so could be a good man on the bench and a good mentor/coach for Davis and even bargs.

Comment

Hmm let's see now:

-He's an aging never been who wasted his whole career.

-Pathetic lazy loser, whining cancer in the clocker room.

-Never bothered to play for his country.

-Zero drive or ambition

YES SIGN HIM IMMEDIATELY

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
        Hmm let's see now:

-Zero drive or ambition

YES SIGN HIM IMMEDIATELY
        +1

Comment

I wouldn't sign Magloire. Chances are, he wouldn't sign here. I'm sure there are other teams with big man issues that could use him. I'm sure the Lakers might look at him.

If Pittman is released, I'd take a look at him though.

Comment

Pittman won't be released, he will be sent down to develop in D-league but still hold a roster spot.

Comment

It's actually being reported that Jerry Stackhouse will be waived in order to make room for Dampier.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                It's actually being reported that Jerry Stackhouse will be waived in order to make room for Dampier.
                LOL didnt even know Stack was on miami's roster LOL after the 3 big losers it seems Riley will have no choice but to hang around an NBA retirment home waiting room looking for future heat filler LOL

I think Bosh will be traded for sure... if not this season it will be this off season

Comment

I think Colangelo's remarks were pretty clear he was intent on developing the young players regardless of the wins-losses. I think that may have been a driving factor of trading Jack and Anderson. What is the point of rebuilding the franchise with 2 guys who could realistically help you squeak out another few wins over the course of a season, lower possible draft position, and take valuable playing time away from the young players?

Comment

I wold rather an eternity of negative Bargnani posts rather than take Miami's sloppy second left overs.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't sign Magloire. Chances are, he wouldn't sign here. I'm sure there are other teams with big man issues that could use him. I'm sure the Lakers might look at him.

If Pittman is released, I'd take a look at him though.
                      Leo would start pestering him too.

Comment

Colangelo has made a point not to sign "hometown boys" in the past. Besides, Magloire doesn't look to have much left in the tank and I'd rather see Dorsey in that last roster spot because he brings more to the table.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
                          Hmm let's see now:

-Zero drive or ambition

YES SIGN HIM IMMEDIATELY
                          thank you - exactly. since making the allstar team he is among the NBA's most complacent.
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                          X