Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age old question - With or Without Bosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age old question - With or Without Bosh?

Sorry to douse more gas on the fire instead of letting it die down, but ive noticed a couple of things since Bosh left, and just want to share and see if others feel the same way.

I dont have the stats to back these up, so Buddha, moderators, either help me or criticize me, hehehe

-Better ball movement
    -with Andrea being the focal point in the offense, more players are scoring in double figures other than him
    -other players are getting attention re: young gunz, reggie's rebounding, andrea as a matchup nightmare, kleiza toughness, jack as a good backup pg
    -other players coming out and saying that toronto is actually a good place to play for

What do you guys think?

im just going to keep my mouth shut on this one...........................

PSYCHE!!
    no im not!!!!

you forgot:

- less crappy DVDs in HMV
    - more lonely boys in the "village"
    - less "millionaires shopping at winners" sightings
    - less getting beat because of the franchise player's mouthy girlfriend

Comment

My wife thinks that the team has got better looking. She always thought Bosh looked like a type of parasite or the monster from Predator. She really likes the Barbosa acquisition.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

also noticed less wins

Comment

"Better ball movement": Have you seen Raptors 2006... their movement is so good than this year.

"with Andrea being the focal point in the offense, more players are scoring in double figures other than him"
          - can I say better talent that "fit" into the running system. Turk can't run, JO can't run and JO is redundant when playing with Bosh (b/c they play similar game) ...

"other players coming out and saying that toronto is actually a good place to play for"
          - JO, AP, and all the players says that when they are playing in the toronto...how is that related to the topic at hand?

Comment

Less Ball fakes

Seriously the old addage is true : where Bosh-Less is More
            What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

There's a memory

less getting beat because of the franchise player's mouthy girlfriend
              - heinz57

If I recall right, she pissed off Lebron, and he went all postal on us.

"with Andrea being the focal point in the offense, more players are scoring in double figures other than him"
              - can I say better talent that "fit" into the running system. Turk can't run, JO can't run and JO is redundant when playing with Bosh (b/c they play similar game) ...
              - KakashiPrince

The team is also gelling. There is no alpha-male, and although Bargs has been the consensus #1 option, they're okay with that, because Weems, Amir & Demar all read these blogs, and they feel sorry for the big Italian.

Comment

Ball movement has been much better, you can make that out by just watching the games. A quick glance at the stats show better ball distribution as well. Last year we had only 3 guys shooting more than 9 shots a game, this year we have 6. The ball gets stuck a lot less now too, with Bosh he was the first option on the pick 'n pop or the elbow face-up and he was notorious for wasting time "making his move" which was basically holding the ball.

All in all, this team is much more enjoyable to watch than anything since 2006-07.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  The ball gets stuck a lot less now too, with Bosh he was the first option on the pick 'n pop or the elbow face-up and he was notorious for wasting time "making his move" which was basically holding the ball.
                  I've always just called that his loading time.

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  All in all, this team is much more enjoyable to watch than anything since 2006-07
                  Emphatically agree. You've pretty much said what I was going to.

But I think the biggest thing here without Bosh is the flexibility we have. We him re-signed, we'd be stuck on that treadmill. Now at least we have a pretty good chance to make some noise if we draft well.
                  Last edited by WhatWhat; Tue Nov 23, 2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                    But I think the biggest thing here without Bosh is the flexibility we have. We him re-signed, we'd be stuck on that treadmill.
                    100% agree. The franchise would have been crippled for years to come. Thank you for 7 years CB4, but the product on the court and the future prospects are better now than in years.

Comment

The theme of this thread is interesting in as much that Miami, now with 3 possible #1 options have fallen into the same mode of playing. This is further exacerbated in the genuine desire of each of the 3 amigos to "share" the ball. The only problem is that when that happens it rarely comes back or moves around...the recipient on getting the ball then goes into auto mode which is what they had been used to before....try and score...resulting mostly in the others just hanging around watching which is what was happening here. No real team ball yet.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        also noticed less wins
                        not really look at the 2009 record after 15 games. It was pretty bad after the west coast trip.

Comment

A group of All Stars, does not a team make. - Yoda
                          Deadallus

Comment

Without

You cant win with bosh. MIA will turn it around, but its b/c they literally have a guy who some will call the "greatest athlete ever in the NBA" (think about that), and another once-in-a-generation player.

So MIA is a unique situation. Anywhere else, signing bosh is a ticket to being a treadmill team, b/c he gets max money but is not a franchise player.

The main problem I see for the Raps is that the way the organization/bosh approached it years leading into free agency, they did not get much value for him.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                              also noticed less wins
                              actually you are right, they were 7-7 after 14 games last year with bosh
                              this year theyre 5-9

Comment

Working...
                              X