Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age old question - With or Without Bosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the raptors are better with him.

You all are gonna hate on this, but we had a go to guy, and identity.

As of now, the raptors are worse without him. In a year or so, the raptors are better without him.

If bosh had stayed the development of our young players would have been hindered on offence.

Short Term-Not that much worse with out him, but would have done better with him.
    Long Term-Will be better without him, will have a more solid, young, aggressive team. And hopefully their girlfriends will shut their mouths when we are up by a bit.

Comment

Comment

@ tbhis

The stats come from basketball reference.

2010-11 (so far)
        ============
        Off Rtg: 105.5 (18th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.2 (18th of 30)
        http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2011.html

2009-10 (whole season)
        ==================
        Off Rtg: 111.3 (5th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 113.2 (30th of 30)
        http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2010.html

Ranking 5th overall in offense over an entire season is pretty freaking impressive, regardless of who (Bosh) or how (ball sticking) it was done.

I completely agree that getting more shots will win you the game. That's why offensive rebounds have a big effect on offensive rating calculation, assuming that you eventually convert the second or third chance. That's where Amir excels over Reggie. Reggie gets more offensive rebounds, but he gets blocked on the putbacks or turns the ball over much more. Amir can finish in traffic.

When Amir is out there, the Raps should toss it off the backboard or hit the rim intentionally as a strategy. lol.
        Last edited by golden; Wed Nov 24, 2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          @ tbhis

The stats come from basketball reference.

2010-11 (so far)
          ============
          Off Rtg: 105.5 (18th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 108.2 (18th of 30)
          http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2011.html

2009-10 (whole season)
          ==================
          Off Rtg: 111.3 (5th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 113.2 (30th of 30)
          http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2010.html

Ranking 5th overall in offense over an entire season is pretty freaking impressive, regardless of who (Bosh) or how (ball sticking) it was done.

I completely agree that getting more shots will win you the game. That's why offensive rebounds have a big effect on offensive rating calculation, assuming that you eventually convert the second or third chance. That's where Amir excels over Reggie. Reggie gets more offensive rebounds, but he gets blocked on the putbacks or turns the ball over much more. Amir can finish in traffic.

When Amir is out there, the Raps should toss it off the backboard or hit the rim intentionally as a strategy. lol.
          There is no difference in the Raptors offense When Johnson is on the court and when Bosh was on the court last season. I already posted the numbers and links above on this thread.

Once Davis gets up to speed and he starts taking minutes from Reggie he may even be starting by the all-star game and with the replacement of Jack with Bayless the Raptors will increase their PPG.

Truth be told the real number you want to look at is Point Differential

Right now despite the Raptors being outscored by 19.1 Points Per 100 Possessions when Evans is on the court their Net Per Game Point Differential is only -2.5 per game and they rank 18th in this category.

10-11

Last year they were outscored by 1.6 points per game and ranked 19th

So in Net Point Differential per Game the Raptors are right now only down .9 of a point per game vs last season.

That number will get better and may even go positive by the all-star break depending on how fast Davis and Bayless can get up to speed.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

There is no way Bayless is starting this year. The points wont go up becuase Bayless hasn't proven he can be a good shooter in the NBA; 35% FG 21% 3P on the season.
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Nov 24, 2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              There is no way Bayless is starting this year. The points wont go up becuase Bayless hasn't proven he can be a good shooter in the NBA; 35% FG 21% 3P on the season.
              Who said anything about Bayless starting?

I said

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              There is no difference in the Raptors offense When Johnson is on the court and when Bosh was on the court last season. I already posted the numbers and links above on this thread.

Once Davis gets up to speed and he starts taking minutes from Reggie he may even be starting by the all-star game and with the replacement of Jack with Bayless the Raptors will increase their PPG.

Truth be told the real number you want to look at is Point Differential

Right now despite the Raptors being outscored by 19.1 Points Per 100 Possessions when Evans is on the court their Net Per Game Point Differential is only -2.5 per game and they rank 18th in this category.

10-11

Last year they were outscored by 1.6 points per game and ranked 19th

So in Net Point Differential per Game the Raptors are right now only down .9 of a point per game vs last season.

That number will get better and may even go positive by the all-star break depending on how fast Davis and Bayless can get up to speed.
              Bayless is replacing Jack unless you have another PG that you think my replace Jack.

Saying that Bayless is replacing Jack does not mean that Bayless will be starting, which he won't unless Calderon is injured.

Geez
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                I prefer the team without Bosh. More balanced, plus I haven't enjoyed Raptor games so much since Garbajosa last played.
                Same here, so far this year no blow outs either! (fingers crossed)

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                  Same here, so far this year no blow outs either! (fingers crossed)
                  Wasnt the wizards game a blowout?

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    Wasnt the wizards game a blowout?
                    Damn you and your good memory! I'm trying to force these things out of my head.

Ok, lets say from the post-Jack era there has been no blowouts!

Comment

Bosh sucks... it shouldnt be a big surprise but ever since bosh started putting up better numbers this season the heat have done nothing but loose! LOL i personally think bosh will always be a looser & he'll be traded before the season ends.... it couldnt have happened to a better douche bag then him too LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X