Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm

Jeff Green anybody?

If the choice was based solely on the fact we would be looking to build for the future of course ...

Also, resigning him might be the difficult part too

Any package we can offer to get him? Would he even fit well?

I heard earlier in the summer that OKC did not extend him ... I might be wrong ...

He is young and comes from a winning culture ... almost made the USA squad this summer ...

If OKC thinks they can make a deep run in the playoffs and needs a rebounder (Evans) or a deadly shooter (Peja) to space the floor then we may have some pieces ...
    Last edited by jdot22; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 02:25 AM.

Comment

I really don't think we should trade him. You can see that the rest of the guys love him just from the way they interact with him during games. After tonight's game you saw how many of the guys came over to him to give him due.
      Even beyond that, think about how far he's come since the start of the season. He's actively involved on both sides of the court. Reggie's playing great D as usual, but he's now an active part of the offense. He's more comfortable going up for shots and it shows. He's being used in the pick and roll and he's taking what come to him beyond that.

We need to embrace JYD 2.0.
      Last edited by sunndog; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 03:05 AM.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
        I don't know about what the future might hold, I'll leave that to Colangelo. But in the present I enjoy watching Reggie play. How can you not love this guy? Hustle, effort ... you know that this guy leaves everything on the floor. What Buddha says may be true statwise; that is, that we are significantly worse off when Reggie is on the floor, especially when compared to Amir; but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I love to see this guy play.
        I don't think we shouldn't consider trading him at the deadline though, especially if we can get something back that fits with the long-term strategy - young talent and picks. This season is about development and positioning ourselves for the future. I agree that his stock is pretty high right now. The dude's a beast.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

More time passes, more I want to keep Reggie for the season. And maybe even more (if he takes minimum). But with Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, Linas Kleiza and Joey Dorsey all fighting for the same spot it seems really difficult to keep all of them. Dorsey is younger, and doesn't require minutes anyways (for now) so no point releasing him now. Kleiza has been playing quite badly but he is a better all round player and has a long term contract, Amir just signed a huge contract and Ed is our promising rookie. The odd one out is Reggie. I just don't know how they will share minutes.

Comment

jdot22 wrote: View Post
            Jeff Green anybody?

If the choice was based solely on the fact we would be looking to build for the future of course ...

Also, resigning him might be the difficult part too

Any package we can offer to get him? Would he even fit well?

I heard earlier in the summer that OKC did not extend him ... I might be wrong ...

He is young and comes from a winning culture ... almost made the USA squad this summer ...

If OKC thinks they can make a deep run in the playoffs and needs a rebounder (Evans) or a deadly shooter (Peja) to space the floor then we may have some pieces ...
            No thanks

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
              No thanks

why not ?

Comment

Working...
              X