Kapono v Reggie a year later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kapono v Reggie a year later

Whilst Reggie had a career night and continued to cement himself as one of the best statistical rebounders in the league - where was the guy he was traded for?

Off somewhere thanking his lucky stars that he got to play with SHAQ and DWADE in miami because that little stint made people think this second round draft pick was actually an NBA caliber player.

He is not.

Reggie is not only a rebounding monster his is also a the top interior defender on a team that has been garbage for years in that regard. He always takes the tough assignment from bargs. Shaq DHOWARD to name a few.

BC signed Kapono it was a terrible deal but he unloaded it for gain - same goes for Hedo/barbosa but the Jack for Bayless deal will prove to be the biggest theft of all!

NOTE: RR Administrator of you are thinking of merging this post in to some other post or changing the title GFY I will never post here again you micro managing control freak.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

charlz wrote: View Post
    NOTE: RR Administrator of you are thinking of merging this post in to some other post or changing the title GFY I will never post here again you micro managing control freak.
    wow

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      wow
      Well I stopped posting for a bit because of the way this is moderated. Just because two posts are about Chris Bosh does not mean they are a common thread. There are many different topics and some of the thread merging hear makes no sense. I get reponses which are totally off topic.

anyhow moving forward ... yeah how about that kapono for Reggie trade a year later

Comment

Trade looks a lot better on our part that's for sure. ;D

Comment

One thing I really appreciate about BC is he'll sign guys, overpay as an enticement and still find a way to trade them when it doesn't pan out. Hedo, Jack, Kapono... Amir if the right deal comes along. Dude flips contracts that get labelled "cap Killer" and "albatross" as if they were expiring deals. Nuff respect due.

Of course it'd all be moot if he didn't overpay to begin with and just tried a little to build a conventional NBA squad.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
            One thing I really appreciate about BC is he'll sign guys, overpay as an enticement and still find a way to trade them when it doesn't pan out. Hedo, Jack, Kapono... Amir if the right deal comes along. Dude flips contracts that get labelled "cap Killer" and "albatross" as if they were expiring deals. Nuff respect due.

Of course it'd all be moot if he didn't overpay to begin with and just tried a little to build a conventional NBA squad.
            Give credit where credit is due, BC has tried to hit home run mutiple times and it failed, yet somehow he manages to undo that mistake, if that ain`t a GM I don`t know what is.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
              Give credit where credit is due, BC has tried to hit home run mutiple times and it failed, yet somehow he manages to undo that mistake, if that ain`t a GM I don`t know what is.
              I think if he were not trying to build around bosh from the get go Raps would already be much better. JO/kapono/fred jones/ hedo all bad should build from the ground up.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post

Very true with the exception of Amir. That is to be determined. If he can keep playing the way he has been of late, he will be a steal. Big men are hard to find - especially big ones. The ones a GM does find, he has to pay. Johnson as a first big off the bench is looking very good moving forward - he is only 23! I have to shout that sometimes to remind myself.

Comment

Working...
                X