Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddahfan
    replied
    A lot of people around here were saying that the Raptors couldn't afford to let Bosh go.

Bosh is gone and so is Jack, thank god.

Jose is healthy and back starting like he should be.

The Raptors are playing a heck of a lot better than the people who said that they can't afford to let Bosh go thought they would be without him.

Bayless is a big time upgrade over Jack and Bayless will only get better.

I expect that within a few years he could become one of the best PGs in the league.

Yes you heard it first.

Davis will be a big time upgrade over Evans.

Thinks are looking up in Raptorland.

P.S. Rondo didn't play last night and the Celtics beat the Nets by only 6 at home. I haven't heard anything yet about Friday.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 11:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Once Davis gets up to speed it will be interesting to see how Triano handles Evans minutes.

Right now with Jose healthy and in the starting lineup Triano may let Evans continue to start.

We shall see.
    Peja will be the odd man out most nights. Davis will back up Reggie and Amir will back up Bargs.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I hope Triano forces Davis to earn his min and doens't bench Evans when he comes back.
    It won't matter, either way Davis will take some of Reggie's minutes.

Evans won't be playing 34 minutes like he did last night once Davis gets up to speed.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    if davis is half the rebounder they say he's going to be and alabi progresses enough to be a solid bench guy then i don't see the need for reggie. don't get me wrong, i love what he's been doing and his energy but if we can flip him for a bigger piece of the puzzle then awesome. the whole contract year thing scares me, too.

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Third, he's setting a darn good example for all the kids on the team. Bargnani should be able to learn a lot from Reggie in terms of rebounding strategy and presence of mind in the paint.
    that is the big one. now that he is playing and producing he can call out the laziness.

He is the best interior defender rebounded Toronto has ever had 2 things which has always been sore spot for Raps almost every year. (yes even better than Antonio Davis)

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    I hope Triano forces Davis to earn his min and doens't bench Evans when he comes back.

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    Are we letting a sentimental attachment to Reggie cloud judgement on this one? I have been amazed by what he has been doing and have absolutely loved it. The rate that he is grabbing boards and the problems that he is causing (he went one on four last night at one point and the only reason he did not get the ball was because two players held him down). As important as he is to the Raptors this year, history seems to say that he will not be this good in the years to come.

First of all, he is rebounding at a higher rate and with more efficiency then he has in any year prior to this one. Add that with his age and this year seems to be more of an aberration then anything else. It is incredible what he is doing, but is it likely to be repeated? Also, due to his deal expiring, he will most likely want a good payday after a career year. If we are wanting to go young and develop together, is paying Reggie the best way to go about it?

If we can get a young player and/or a draft pick for this year in return for Reggie, I think we should take it. Three first round draft picks would be great. Ours (despite our recent win streak) will most likely be fairly high. The other two could potentially be moved in order to move-up in the draft.

I have loved watching Reggie, but someone having a career year with an expiring contract will be very desirable by a lot of other teams. I say we cash in our chips now.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Once Davis gets up to speed it will be interesting to see how Triano handles Evans minutes.

Right now with Jose healthy and in the starting lineup Triano may let Evans continue to start.

We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• I Miss Oakley
    replied
    Invaluble

Reggie has all his obvious upsides (rebounding and setting a good example to this young team) but he is also just so damn likeable and has such a great attitude. When I look around this league at someone to replace him, nobody, NOBODY comes to mind. We all know what 90% of this league thinks about playing in Toronto and here we are with an absolute warrior who likes it here. How could we ever give that up. Your right if we trade him the other guy won't give a shit about this team the city and its fans. Reggie loves his fans and it is reciprocated 100% But the number one reason to keep him is because he's hungry. He's always had to fight for it. I mean listen to the guy in post games and tell me this isn't a guy who has always had to fight for it. I love it Reggie I hope you retire here.

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    I agree. It's getting harder and harder to trade him as the season goes on. I say we just keep him till his contract expires. Then sign him to a 1 or 2 year vet minimum contract. I think he realized he was getting a load of pressure, especially with people saying his offense was so horrible it overshadowed his rebounding, but he has excelled in rebounding, and actually been alright on offense in the last week.

I think there is no need to trade him.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I admit I am torn but I have experienced too much of the contract year wonder performance not to cash in the chips on what has undoubtedly become a great asset. Remember Reggie wouldnt have these numbers with most other teams because he wouldnt get as much time. We cannot forget the goal of getting long term assets (which Reggie would not be) for a sustainable winning franchise. A good compromise would be to get someone young and with a big upside (or a later first rounder) at the trade deadline and then try and resign him after the year.

ps..we have Dorsey the clone to replace him

Leave a comment:

• Gorlitzer
    replied
    I kinda agree. I also like the idea of a little bit of continuity. Something this team has never had much of. My only concern is the whole contract year thing.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    started a poll They Can't Afford To Trade Reggie Evans

They Can't Afford To Trade Reggie Evans

Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

So a couple months ago I pretty much totally wrote off Reggie Evans as trade bait. Chalk it up to a prior season of disappointment I guess because the way he's been playing the Raptors cannot afford to trade him. First of all he's carrying the weight on the glass. Second he's electrifying the crowd and raising his teammate's energy on defense. Third, he's setting a darn good example for all the kids on the team. Bargnani should be able to learn a lot from Reggie in terms of rebounding strategy and presence of mind in the paint. I realize Bargnani is never going to be Vlade Divac BUT if he could even bottle a portion of Reggie's mentality and approach in the defensive paint then he could become the player everybody wants him to be. Reggie needs to stay and I don't just mean for the rest of the season. He needs to stay long term until the kids don't need the support of a seasoned vet who can make an impact when cold, when playing a minute, when playing 40 minutes and everything in between.

I know all this is obvious but I think they're better off letting his deal expire and then re-signing him then dealing him for some overpaid guy who doesn't give a shit about this team.
Working...
X