Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Raptors purposely tank to get high draft pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Raptors purposely tank to get high draft pick?

Just thought this would make for an interesting topic.

I am kinda split on this because I don't want them to lose and be trash but I also don't see how this team is going to better without a high draft pick. I voted no because it'd be somewhat unfair to the fans if they tank on purpose.
    Yes
    20.83%
    No
    79.17%

Fuck no

Comment

We want happy fans and happy players. So hells no.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Only a leafs fan could be capable of a thread like this

Comment

Close thread. What kinda' question is that to ask, bro? Seriously. Talk to me when you're paying these prices for season tickets and 'ish. Or spending what we spend to acquire all the channels they have so we can watch the game. Answer: FUKC NO!!!!!
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            Fuck no
            GameBreaker wrote: View Post
            Close thread. What kinda' question is that to ask, bro? Seriously. Talk to me when you're paying these prices for season tickets and 'ish. Or spending what we spend to acquire all the channels they have so we can watch the game. Answer: FUKC NO!!!!!
            What happened to "Hell no"?

Just asking.

Maybe F... No is more emphatic than Hell No. eh
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Ugh...I thought the Republic was beyond this.

The lottery is a chumps consolation prize, not a legitimate pursuit. Sports are about competition and the will to win. It's one thing for athletes to make millions of dollars to compete. It's another entirely - one completely unacceptable - for them to make millions of dollars not to. That will to win, by the way, is what's been absent from the Raptors franchise for pretty much its entire history. See: Stoudemire & McGrady demanding a trade. Carter going to graduation the day of the most important game in franchise history. Bosh bailing on the team while they were fighting to make the playoffs.

At long last it seems now the team is in games to win and fights hard to see that they can. You'd prefer they give up on the off chance they free-fall onto a pillow?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                Fuck no
                jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                Ugh...I thought the Republic was beyond this.

The lottery is a chumps consolation prize, not a legitimate pursuit. Sports are about competition and the will to win. It's one thing for athletes to make millions of dollars to compete. It's another entirely - one completely unacceptable - for them to make millions of dollars not to. That will to win, by the way, is what's been absent from the Raptors franchise for pretty much its entire history. See: Stoudemire & McGrady demanding a trade. Carter going to graduation the day of the most important game in franchise history. Bosh bailing on the team while they were fighting to make the playoffs.

At long last it seems now the team is in games to win and fights hard to see that they can. You'd prefer they give up on the off chance they free-fall onto a pillow?
                What is your theory on Ali"s knockout of Liston?

Send me a private message if you would like to discuss. Thanks.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  What is your theory on Ali"s knockout of Liston?

Send me a private message if you would like to discuss. Thanks.
                  How many times do we have to deal with a post like this? You only posted this to make people mad.

Comment

I think I've made it clear what I think of think BC should be doing going forward from this point.

I voted yes, but to be clear I don't want them throwing games, just cashing their Vet pieces in for the future in the form of picks and young players...

- meaning trade Barbosa/Calderon/Evans/Kleiza for an expiring corpse and a mid-first rounder

- as well as not only NOT using the TPE and/or Peja's contract to get better quick, but use them to absorb unwanted contracts from other clubs in exchange for future assets... (eg. taking an injured Okur from Utah + 2 late first rounders + Cash and waive Okur so he can return to Utah at vet minimum and save them 40million in luxury tax)

- I don't (and you shouldn't) care about our record this season as long as this young team is working hard and never giving up.
                    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

What, and be the Clippers of the East? Nah. The team does not have to, they just have to play to their capacities. Let's not blow this out of proportion folks. Just because the team won four games in a row doesn't mean they need to entertain this notion. If they play to their capacities, they may miss the play-offs while developing players and get a decent pick in return. This is how the management and the fans should think about this team.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        What, and be the Clippers of the East? Nah. The team does not have to, they just have to play to their capacities. Let's not blow this out of proportion folks. Just because the team won four games in a row doesn't mean they need to entertain this notion. If they play to their capacities, they may miss the play-offs while developing players and get a decent pick in return. This is how the management and the fans should think about this team.
                        At the rate they are playing they are going to probably get around 7th to 13th pick and everyone is saying this is a weak draft.

Comment

I don't have a theory on Ali vs. Liston. Mostly because I don't know anything about it. My guess though is that, given I know that Ali won, and that you asked a question related to tanking, is that there are allegations that Liston threw the match or something, probably also that he bet against himself? I kinda see where you're going with this, but boxing, where it's one guy versus one guy for bragging rights, is totally different than a team game with lottery bonuses that aim to make you better in the future if you suck now. If you want to lose, knowing that the losing can only make you worse, as in the Liston case, then I suppose that's entirely your prerogative, but it doesn't make any sense. The reward for Liston would purely have been financial. Doesn't apply to hoops.

I only responded to this, by the way, in the hopes of derailing this ridiculous thread.

Comment

where are the post-ers who have been advocating for Barnes, Irving, etc?
                            they should be the one posting on this thread.
                            id like to hear what they have to say.......

Comment

Let's bring this back up two weeks from the trade deadline and no sooner.

If we are a botton 3rd team at that point then we trade vets and expirings if young talent is available and play youth bigger minutes no matter. Until then, lets see what this young team can do to build confidence and momentum.

Comment

Working...
                              X