Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franchise or not yet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Franchise or not yet

    After the first 15 games (was suppose to be a period of ajustment and stuggles due to double teams, being the focal point , and having game plan against him etc)


    Are we ready the say that it's bargnani's team ....
    the franchise player and number one option!!!!


    Let me know
    Last edited by ab7; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 03:01 PM.

  • #2
    As the great Tracy Morgan would say:

    "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, hell no, no, no, I refuse, no."

    Comment


    • #3
      id have to say NO. he still has a long way to go & i think hes just a piece to the puzzle if anything anyway.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm a Bargs supporter and stuff but:

        Comment


        • #5
          he's the best offensive player on the team. period.

          leave the "franchise player" label alone.. they're ALL franchise players until their contracts are up, or until they get traded.

          Comment


          • #6
            What more is needed for him to be that ????

            Comment


            • #7
              Not yet, but we all see reasons and glimpses of his progress and why anyone would say that ^^^. Ive never seen bargs tear it up consistently for this long. Give it a year, and see if he can keep this up for the rest of the season.

              Comment


              • #8
                ab7 wrote: View Post
                What more is needed for him to be that ????
                TO be able to do something other than score. And possibly be able to do it a little more consistently in crunch time. Real franchise players are guys who are leaders on the team, who set the tone on both ends of the court. Is Michael Beasley a franchise player because he's averaging 21.1 ppg?
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

                Comment


                • #9
                  the term "franchise player" gets thrown around WAY too much. lets be honest... there's only like 5 or 6 REAL franchise players in the league... and a whole bunch of best player on their respective teams

                  hell, 5 or 6 may be a serious overstatement now that i really think about it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    the term "franchise player" gets thrown around WAY too much. lets be honest... there's only like 5 or 6 REAL franchise players in the league... and a whole bunch of best player on their respective teams

                    hell, 5 or 6 may be a serious overstatement now that i really think about it.
                    +1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ab7 wrote: View Post
                      What more is needed for him to be that ????
                      This is not meant to be facetious (just a bit maybe)...when the other players kneel before him, bow solemnly and with an ohmlike incantation keep repeating at least 3 times "youuuuu arrrrrrr ourrrrrrrr leeeeadder".

                      Leave the man alone. Please. It's only been 4 games.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                        I'm a Bargs supporter and stuff but:
                        Ah, whatwhat U always make me laugh
                        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

                        From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

                        Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          sleepz wrote: View Post
                          +1
                          +1
                          While I really like the kid, and love what he's playing like so far there are only a few players at best that could be considered franchise players. Kobe is a franchise player to which all others should be compared and because of that there may only be one franchise player in the game today.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i dunno... i've personally always considered the title of "franchise player" to mean the team's foundation... not the team's centrepiece

                            kobe is the foundation that the current lakers is built on... and also their centrepiece

                            tim duncan is the foundation that the spurs are built on... but he's not even their most talented player

                            still, both i consider franchise players..

                            miami, while showing off multiple "franchise player" quality players (and by multiple, i mean 2).. dont actually have one.. there's no foundation there... its like they took three massive piles of dung, threw it at a wall, and then took 12 other little mini dung nuggets... threw those too.. and hoped it would all stick

                            toronto is a LONG way off from having a franchise player.... hell, we've only had one in our history.. and he cried his way out of town in exchange for a couple williamses

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              i dunno... i've personally always considered the title of "franchise player" to mean the team's foundation... not the team's centrepiece

                              kobe is the foundation that the current lakers is built on... and also their centrepiece

                              tim duncan is the foundation that the spurs are built on... but he's not even their most talented player

                              still, both i consider franchise players..

                              miami, while showing off multiple "franchise player" quality players (and by multiple, i mean 2).. dont actually have one.. there's no foundation there... its like they took three massive piles of dung, threw it at a wall, and then took 12 other little mini dung nuggets... threw those too.. and hoped it would all stick

                              toronto is a LONG way off from having a franchise player.... hell, we've only had one in our history.. and he cried his way out of town in exchange for a couple williamses
                              its funny that nobody seems to notice that LBJ has been just as terrible as CB4. hes averaging career lows.... Wade is Wade but since hes been hurt hes been horrible too.

                              wade has shown that he can be considered a "Franchise Player" CB4 & LBJ have only proved they can put up #s & still loose.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X