X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W.
    replied
    _cp_ wrote: View Post
    defense and rebounding win championships. bargs isnt great at them, but adequate enough, combined with his offense to merit keeping him around, i think anyway
    The second part of your comment is where we disagree. I simply haven't seen him being good enough at those things to make me want him to be a part of the future of the team.

Leave a comment:

• _cp_
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think it's great what he is able to do on offense. I don't have a problem with that. Never have. There's just more to winning basketball games than scoring.
    defense and rebounding win championships. bargs isnt great at them, but adequate enough, combined with his offense to merit keeping him around, i think anyway

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    its a different thing, something you have to game plan for. it opens up the key when you pull shot blockers away from the rim so your wings can penetrate and finish. it comes in handy to keep kg, dwight etc honest. its not conventional, doesn't mean it can't be productive
    I think it's great what he is able to do on offense. I don't have a problem with that. Never have. There's just more to winning basketball games than scoring.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorDan
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Bosh is a pomade
    too funny. Reminds me of Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz in "There Something about Mary".

Leave a comment:

• _cp_
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Just because there aren't a lot, doesn't automatically mean it's a good thing. Especially when that player is lacking certain other necessary skills.
    its a different thing, something you have to game plan for. it opens up the key when you pull shot blockers away from the rim so your wings can penetrate and finish. it comes in handy to keep kg, dwight etc honest. its not conventional, doesn't mean it can't be productive

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    heinz57 wrote: View Post
    that greasy shit that he puts in his hair to make it stay back and hide his bald spot
    Bosh is a pomade

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    bargs isnt there yet, don't know if he will be, but how many floor spreading 20+ ppg centers are there in the nba?
    Just because there aren't a lot, doesn't automatically mean it's a good thing. Especially when that player is lacking certain other necessary skills.

Leave a comment:

• _cp_
    replied
    bargs isnt there yet, don't know if he will be, but how many floor spreading 20+ ppg centers are there in the nba?

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    Multipaul wrote: View Post
    what is a pomade?
    that greasy shit that he puts in his hair to make it stay back and hide his bald spot

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    what is a pomade?

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    its funny that nobody seems to notice that LBJ has been just as terrible as CB4. hes averaging career lows.... Wade is Wade but since hes been hurt hes been horrible too.

wade has shown that he can be considered a "Franchise Player" CB4 & LBJ have only proved they can put up #s & still loose.
    there's an old saying that i just made up that goes "it doesnt matter how sick your rims are if you drive a k-car"

miami will figure something out... lebron and wade are definitiely top 5 talent.. they'll make the playoffs... they may even win a playoff game or two

but they still wont have a franchise player.. pat riley's greasy pomade is more of a franchise player than anyone on the team.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i dunno... i've personally always considered the title of "franchise player" to mean the team's foundation... not the team's centrepiece

kobe is the foundation that the current lakers is built on... and also their centrepiece

tim duncan is the foundation that the spurs are built on... but he's not even their most talented player

still, both i consider franchise players..

miami, while showing off multiple "franchise player" quality players (and by multiple, i mean 2).. dont actually have one.. there's no foundation there... its like they took three massive piles of dung, threw it at a wall, and then took 12 other little mini dung nuggets... threw those too.. and hoped it would all stick

toronto is a LONG way off from having a franchise player.... hell, we've only had one in our history.. and he cried his way out of town in exchange for a couple williamses
    its funny that nobody seems to notice that LBJ has been just as terrible as CB4. hes averaging career lows.... Wade is Wade but since hes been hurt hes been horrible too.

wade has shown that he can be considered a "Franchise Player" CB4 & LBJ have only proved they can put up #s & still loose.

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    i dunno... i've personally always considered the title of "franchise player" to mean the team's foundation... not the team's centrepiece

kobe is the foundation that the current lakers is built on... and also their centrepiece

tim duncan is the foundation that the spurs are built on... but he's not even their most talented player

still, both i consider franchise players..

miami, while showing off multiple "franchise player" quality players (and by multiple, i mean 2).. dont actually have one.. there's no foundation there... its like they took three massive piles of dung, threw it at a wall, and then took 12 other little mini dung nuggets... threw those too.. and hoped it would all stick

toronto is a LONG way off from having a franchise player.... hell, we've only had one in our history.. and he cried his way out of town in exchange for a couple williamses

Leave a comment:

• Pizzaman
    replied
    sleepz wrote: View Post
    +1
    +1
    While I really like the kid, and love what he's playing like so far there are only a few players at best that could be considered franchise players. Kobe is a franchise player to which all others should be compared and because of that there may only be one franchise player in the game today.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan-Drexler
    replied
    WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    I'm a Bargs supporter and stuff but:
    Ah, whatwhat U always make me laugh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X