When nothing to talk about happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When nothing to talk about happens

WOW those of you who think Demar should be traded are clearly not understanding who the Raptors are building around. Demar is part of "young onez" you don't build/promote a marketing campaign around a player your thinkng about trading. Secondly those of you Demar haters clearly would sacrafise a few wins today for potential stardom. All I can say is when you have nothing smart to say don't waste your time or other people's time with lame threads like trading brook lopez for DD.

+1

Comment

In case you haven't noticed, Dero has had NOTHING to do with our wins. His ass has been on the bench watching from under his towel when the real men, Bargs, Barbo, Weems, Amir, Reg, hell ...Jose..were winning games, knocking down shots, and getting stops.

Lame ass marketing campaigns don't matter if you can't get ur game right.

I'm a Bargs fan, so I know what it's like getting ur fav player slammed online and in the media. how many trade bargs threads do you think i read and shook my head at? Personally i dont think the SHOULD trade Dero, but all I'm saying is with the raps loading up on wingers with similar profile, the internal competition for minutes and recognition will heat up.

I'm sure if I started a Kleiza for Lopez thread you wouldnt have got so mad right?

Comment

to be honest i think this thread is a waste of time. IMO. & if BC was to trade DD he wouldnt be the first player in T.O marketing campains to be traded.

i think anyone on this team should be available for the right price of course.

Comment

There is zero % chance that DD gets traded. Colangelo will be as patient with him as he was with Bargs. I'm just hoping that this season we will see some development in terms of expanded shooting range (dude's got to get a 3, never mind a 17 fter) and defense. I have every confidence that he will have a massive game soon and all will be well in RR.
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

There is no way DeMar has played bad enough to get traded 15 games into the season...

In fact, we shouldn't be criticizing one person's performance when the team is winning and other guys have hot hands... just be happy that DeMar isn't forcing his game and chucking up shots after shots to bring himself back into form

I am sure he has the right temperament to show up when the team is facing adversity, so all I'm saying is let's enjoy the ride and maybe worry when the team is losing because of poor performances from the players

If we started trading everyone who played 2 bad games, we'd run out of players to trade for.
            Last edited by playmak3r5; Fri Nov 26, 2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

How's this for steering talk into something more productive - Dalembert has fallen out of favour with Westphal due to his scoring inability. Defensively, he's awesome but couldn't score if his life depended on it. Is there a way for us to get him here through Peja? Why would they want Peja? Well, they have issues scoring. Head has been inserted as the starting PG right now but the team is also looking for a PG (Raps can't help him there). Trade machine also works for this (as both are expiring).

My take on this is that defenses are zeroing in on Evans and he doesn't really have the support outside of Landry (sometimes) and Cousins (sometimes). Greene and Casspi has been ineffective for them this year at the SF position. I'm sure BC is all over this. I don't really care about what happened between Samuel and Leo (for team Canada), as a fan I just know that he rebounds and blocks like crazy and doesn't demand the ball as much down low. He is the perfect complement for Bargs and the team as a whole. It's a reach but worthy of a discussion I think.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

If we got something back of value in a trade for DeRozan, then sure we should entertain it. By no means is DeMar an "untouchable" player, but that does not mean we a shopping him either. He is a project that is still developing, I don't see an all-star type player in his future, but I do see a guy who can be a starter on a very good team down the road. Some people are hyping this kid up way to much, he is a building piece, but not the whole foundation.

I would love to see Jay move Weems to the 2 and start Linas, give DeMar a chance to come off the bench for a few games and get involved that way.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  How's this for steering talk into something more productive - Dalembert has fallen out of favour with Westphal due to his scoring inability. Defensively, he's awesome but couldn't score if his life depended on it. Is there a way for us to get him here through Peja? Why would they want Peja? Well, they have issues scoring. Head has been inserted as the starting PG right now but the team is also looking for a PG (Raps can't help him there). Trade machine also works for this (as both are expiring).

My take on this is that defenses are zeroing in on Evans and he doesn't really have the support outside of Landry (sometimes) and Cousins (sometimes). Greene and Casspi has been ineffective for them this year at the SF position. I'm sure BC is all over this. I don't really care about what happened between Samuel and Leo (for team Canada), as a fan I just know that he rebounds and blocks like crazy and doesn't demand the ball as much down low. He is the perfect complement for Bargs and the team as a whole. It's a reach but worthy of a discussion I think.
                  A much better topic Mr Steels! You should 've started a new thread.

Did you pickup the Dalembert/Westphal disagreement/unhappiness in a blog or a news piece (link if you have it). Interesting.

I like D's game and it fits the Raps needs...however I am also concerned about the player. I place a preference on team play and getting along with your mates and coaches and as we all know D has issues in this area (apart from Leo!). He will also be a rental (I believe this is his last yr.). I would rather try and choose between him & Chandler after the season on a longer next deal than give up assets today or mess with evaluating players like Davis and Amir (in longer minutes) this season.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

Excellent topic and idea.
                    As for Demar, I agree with donDadda that anyone should be traded for the right price. It's too early to trade DD for a couple of reasons, the first of which his trade value is not that high because he really has not done anything, so the most you'll get is more potential for potential. If there is a team that really values him and is willing to give up someone we need more than absolutely but Lopez is not coming here for DD, as much as that would be a dream come true.
                    Demar today is nowhere near as good as Weems, or Barbosa and Weems is just as athletic, with much better game.

Comment

If Demar could correct his jumpshot mechanics and become more aggressive with slams then he would step up a notch in terms of competition on the bench.

If he could somehow develop a 3 pt shot he could be money.

Comment

The notion of DD for Brook Lopez is ridiculous from the mere fact NJ will not let him go for Carmelo Anthony!

Balls of Steel: Nice idea. My only concern is Dalembert did bitch about touches in Philly. If he would strictly rebound and block shots that would be great. But where does Reggie go then? You can't have 2 guys who can't score on at the same time or even one coming in for the other.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                          In case you haven't noticed, Dero has had NOTHING to do with our wins. His ass has been on the bench watching from under his towel when the real men, Bargs, Barbo, Weems, Amir, Reg, hell ...Jose..were winning games, knocking down shots, and getting stops.

Lame ass marketing campaigns don't matter if you can't get ur game right.

I'm a Bargs fan, so I know what it's like getting ur fav player slammed online and in the media. how many trade bargs threads do you think i read and shook my head at? Personally i dont think the SHOULD trade Dero, but all I'm saying is with the raps loading up on wingers with similar profile, the internal competition for minutes and recognition will heat up.

I'm sure if I started a Kleiza for Lopez thread you wouldnt have got so mad right?
                          so the orlando win with his 26 points 7 rebounds and 2 steals, had nothing to do with the victory? or perhaps the 21 in the close loss to the heat or his 24 against the kings didnt give them a chance to win?

the kid is 21, he'd be a junior at USC this year and probably should've stayed and entered this years draft. from what i remember t-mac wasnt much of a player his first handful of years with the raptors and brought a similar game with a similar skill set. and i don't think its unreasonable to think that dd could develop into a t-mac ish player, and i think he will. you can quote me on that, and apologize for the criticism when he does

Comment

_cp_ wrote: View Post
                            so the orlando win with his 26 points 7 rebounds and 2 steals, had nothing to do with the victory? or perhaps the 21 in the close loss to the heat or his 24 against the kings didnt give them a chance to win?

the kid is 21, he'd be a junior at USC this year and probably should've stayed and entered this years draft. from what i remember t-mac wasnt much of a player his first handful of years with the raptors and brought a similar game with a similar skill set. and i don't think its unreasonable to think that dd could develop into a t-mac ish player, and i think he will. you can quote me on that, and apologize for the criticism when he does
                            Bro....please don't wish a T Mac future on anyone on our team...pleez...

And my point of view is that DD has alot of talent, but is not a starter right now, AND, we have a lot of better fast gunners. He will need to compete aggressively for minutes and a future here.

Comment

@multipaul only in numbers and game, not playoff performance. and i think thats whats going on, no? when somebody is struggling somebody else plays and steps up, whether its barbosa or weems or keiza etc. you're gonna get off nights with young guys like you see with weems and demar, and sometimes those off games are a result of keeping other players in check (weems on iggy last game)

Comment

Working...
                              X