Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which team would the Raps have the best chance against?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which team would the Raps have the best chance against?

Since the 6-7-8 spots in the East are up for grabs and the Raps are on a roll, at this point the playoffs are a distinct possibility. Of course the Raps would almost certainly get hammered by the top teams, but which team would you say the Raps technically have the best chance against? (ie. which do the have a 99% chance of losing instead of 99.9999% )

My vote goes to ORL. Raps have played them tough over the past few years and have actually beat them pretty regularly. Cant shut down Dwight but Reggie is the perfect guy to make him at least work, Plus you got AJ/Dorsey/Davis to throw at him too. Nelson has had big games but he does not strike fear into anyone. On the flip side, though if DD or Weems ever become close to the player VC was, it would be a success - at this point its like watching two hungry young pit bulls attack an old out of shape guard dog. They probably enjoy going up against and getting the edge on one of their idols growing up. Also ORL doesn't have anything for a guy like Barbosa (reddick? nelson?). Lastly, if Bargs ever figured out to exploit his matchup with Lewis better, it would seriously be trouble for ORL.

As for the other two teams...

BOS - just replacing bosh with Reggie and the YGZ at least ensures the Raps arnt going to be bullied of the court anymore. But the biggest problem is Rondo. He is exactly the type of PG that kills the Raps - blows by Jose, and Bargs' bad rotations/rim protection make it worse. He is known for getting 15pts-10ast type games, but against the Raps he'll get 25 and 15 and just dominate all around. Add in BOS experience and the fact that KG can just eliminate Bargs. (BTW if this series ever happens I wouldn't put it past Triano to try out some new defensive scheme involving something like Weems on Rondo, and more Bayless instead of Jose)

MIA - Raps simply cant win because DD\Weems would have to basically outplay James\Wade 4 out of 7 games, which is not possible. You can talk about other team factors, bosh vs Bargs etc, but that is what the series would boil down to. I give respect to the YGZ cause at least they will give them a game (unlike historically the Raps would trot out Parker/Moon/Kapono out there). But I actually think this is the worst matchup for the Raps, maybe in the whole league. I expect what happened the previous MIA game to repeat itself 4 times - a respectable 4 game sweep.
    BOS
    16.67%
    ORL
    50.00%
    MIA
    33.33%
    Last edited by Ruuuuu; Fri Nov 26, 2010, 10:21 AM.

I put MIA in the poll, for the season though. I think by that time they will be a lot better. Boston is unbeatable in the post-season, well almost. Orlando could be beaten on a bad shooting night and with Dwight Howard in foul trouble.

Comment

But I don't think we will win the series or that we will make the play-offs. I still see us winning just under 40 games.

Comment

looking over my post I realize its too long, no one's going to read it

But there's no way Raps can beat MIA bro ..... James\Wade\Bosh are DD\Weems\Bargs on steriods

ORL they have a slim shot

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
          looking over my post I realize its too long, no one's going to read it

But there's no way Raps can beat MIA bro ..... James\Wade\Bosh are DD\Weems\Bargs on steriods

ORL they have a slim shot
          Indiana beat them. We are better than Indiana IMO.

And I read your post

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post

And I read your post
            Thats just 1 game though. Over the course of a 7 game series, MIA's talent would be tough for any 6, 7, or 8 seed to beat 4 times.

I think we would have the best shot against Orlando. We always seem to play them tough, and match up fairly well with them across the board (Benches included)

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post

And I read your post
              haha alright, I shortened it anyway

The way I look at it is, all those 3 teams are better than Raps. But I was just looking at the way the matchups workout, to see which team the Raps would give the most trouble. On that basis, I would take ORL.

MIA's best players match up exactly with Raps best players, but they are just better

Comment

Indiana isnt that bad of team, specially now that darren collision is on that team, and hibbert is anchoring that middle they'll be fine, look like they're primed to get back into to the playoffs if we're lookin at numbers right now. With Toronto im still not on the play off wagon, cause honestly, well..... they beat phili twice.... beat houston, and rondoless celtics .... not exactely strikin fear into the eyes of the league cept for maybe the celts. Ill wait till later to decided on if they do make the playoffs. IF they do..... i dunno, maybe Orlando, or even teh heat... at the least be epic if it was the heat.

Comment

Aksent wrote: View Post
                  Thats just 1 game though. Over the course of a 7 game series, MIA's talent would be tough for any 6, 7, or 8 seed to beat 4 times.

I think we would have the best shot against Orlando. We always seem to play them tough, and match up fairly well with them across the board (Benches included)
                  We won't be able to beat ANY playoff team in a 7 game series. Here I'm talking about single games in the playoffs we could win.

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
                    Indiana isnt that bad of team, specially now that darren collision is on that team, and hibbert is anchoring that middle they'll be fine, look like they're primed to get back into to the playoffs if we're lookin at numbers right now. With Toronto im still not on the play off wagon, cause honestly, well..... they beat phili twice.... beat houston, and rondoless celtics .... not exactely strikin fear into the eyes of the league cept for maybe the celts. Ill wait till later to decided on if they do make the playoffs. IF they do..... i dunno, maybe Orlando, or even teh heat... at the least be epic if it was the heat.
                    The thing is, the 6-7-8 spots in the East are so wide open, that Raps have a chance at it (even if the 4 game win streak was a fluke they're still W's in the bag)

The other teams that are in the running for that spot are: Ind, NY, Was, Cle, Mil....these teams all basically suck too.

(At least WAS has a future star though)
                    Last edited by Ruuuuu; Fri Nov 26, 2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                      The thing is, the 6-7-8 spots in the East are so wide open, that Raps have a chance at it (even if the 4 game win streak was a fluke they're still W's in the bag)

The other teams that are in the running for that spot are: Ind, NY, Was, Cle, Mil....these teams all basically suck too.

(At least WAS has a future star though)
                      I know the spots at the bottom are wide open buts its been 14 games.... u need to play 82 for the season to end thats alot of time to succeed or fuck up. Remeber lass year we got all the way up to 5th, we all that fuck yah we in the playoffs, fast forward second half of the season and guess wat we were out. Im juss sayin to think we're gonna make it is pushin it right now, but if we did make it, magic would probably be the best option.... tats if we make it. And Indiana still doesnt suk all that much, and Mil isnt that bad but for w.e reason they are shootin a historically bad as a team, and it s safe to kinda of assume they are juss having a mini funk and they'll get on track eventually.

Comment

Orlando is the team with the least talent, so i choose Orlando

Comment

Working...
                        X