• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesk
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Rebounding is way over rated.

It is important but shooting and scoring are more important.

Raptors out rebounded the Celtics tonight 44 - 35.

Celtics shot 54% and the Raptors 45%

Celtics won.
    You're an idiot. A Big one.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    BC should hop on the phone to MJ & see if he still wants Reggie before the news spreads LOL

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    I feel badly for Reggie, but I think that the Raptors will be a better team without him.

Am I happy that he got injured?

Of course not.

That notion is insane, straight up.

Yea, yea it is.

However, I do think that the Raptors will now be a better team and that will be a good thing for all Raptors fans.

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    This both really bad and slightly good. It is going to do us more bad than good though. Yes it gives Amir and Ed a chance to play big minutes. But we lose our emotional leader, I think our level of energy and hustle will go down. But I'm hoping for the best, does anyone know for sure how long his injury will last, and if he will be able to grab 25 rebounds when he comes back..

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Pat Riely says: No Rebound, No Ring

I am sorry Pal, the guy just broke his leg for this team and fougth till the last minute and you CAN NOT STOP your shamless propoganda for Amir and get off your soapbox.
    I just want the Raptors to win.

If the Raptors record without Reggie is not better than I will admit that I undervalued Reggie.

If it is better, which I expect it will be that will be satisfaction enough regardless of whether Johnson starts or not.

That is how it will be.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorDan
    replied
    I think that Raptor fans are sensitive to rebounding as a stat because of being out rebounded for almost 15 years. I remember how frustrating it was watching games and seeing opposing teams getting offensive rebound after offensive rebound. I wanted to pull my hair out. It was nice to finally have a guy in Reggie who has done what no other Raptor has been able to do - get a freakin rebound. So I salute you Reggie - you will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Was this same foot that kept him out all of last season?
    It is a different foot from last year. He broke his right foot today, last year was his left.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...0-raptors-101/

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
    Rebounding is important, and one of our biggest strenghts, cause even when we sucked at shooting we still collected offensive rebounds which helps keeping u in games. It can give u extra possesions and take away posessions from the other teams, its imp, but scoring and general D is more imp... but u need to not suck in any of the of the 3 to rly succeed in this league
    Rebounding is meaningless if you can't shoot and score.

You can rebound all night but if you can't shoot what good is it?

None

However, if you can shoot than you don't need to rebound as much.

Rather obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    Pat Riely says: No Rebound, No Ring

I am sorry Pal, the guy just broke his leg for this team and fougth till the last minute and you CAN NOT STOP your shamless propoganda for Amir and get off your soapbox.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    What foot did he injure last season?

I think it was his right foot. (I have A 50% chance of being correct)

The injury looked like a stress fracture.

He just jumped for the rebound landed clean and square on the floor with both feet.

The foot fractured.

My guess is that this injury was due to the excessive minutes that he was playing.

His minutes were up at least 50% from his career average.

His body, ankle just gave way from all the running and especially jumping and just gave way due to excess stress that had built up over the 20, including pre-season, games that he played heavy minutes for him at after 9 seasons in the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• Blasterfi9
    replied
    Rebounding is important, and one of our biggest strenghts, cause even when we sucked at shooting we still collected offensive rebounds which helps keeping u in games. It can give u extra possesions and take away posessions from the other teams, its imp, but scoring and general D is more imp... but u need to not suck in any of the of the 3 to rly succeed in this league

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Rebounding is under rated NOT over rated... after all if u dont get the ball how can u score it.... if your just going to inbound after every second chance bucket against then its going to be a real long night.........& season!
    Rebounding is over rated at least by Raptors fans.

Go back and look at the FG% and rebounding ranking of past NBA Finals winners.

They almost always rank higher in FG% than they do in rebounding.

The point of the game is to put the ball in the basket, and you don't need a rebound to do it,

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied

It is important but shooting and scoring are more important.

Raptors out rebounded the Celtics tonight 44 - 35.

Celtics shot 54% and the Raptors 45%

Celtics won.
    Rebounding is under rated NOT over rated... after all if u dont get the ball how can u score it.... if your just going to inbound after every second chance bucket against then its going to be a real long night.........& season!

Leave a comment:

• RaptorDan
    replied
    True enough Buddhafan. I really hate the Celtics. Almost as much as I hate the Lakers (which is almost as much as Miami). I hate losing to these teams. Really nice come back though after Reggie went down. Got it down to 6. But damn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X