Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young Gunz Shoot Raptors in the Claw...Again..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Young Gunz Shoot Raptors in the Claw...Again..

    Sonny and Demar have all star potential...in the D League

    Their combined play in the Boston and Atlanta matchups reveal a lack of basketball accumen that has cost us dearly on both occasions. Many are dismissing Sonny's poor play as just a 'slump', but Demar's issues as perhaps far more dire.

    Regardless, I have never felt so angry at a young player who continuously leaves his mark wide open over and over again as Demar does. Ray Allen smoked us, and so did the various 2 guards that ATL threw at Demar mercilessly. He was exposed and obliterated.

    Sonny continued his poor play, chucking bricks but at least seeming to give a sh** on defence.

    Amir has flashes of potency, and perhaps is the highest calibre "gun" in the youngones arsenal.

    With Demar as the starting 2 , we are basically offering teams a free window to the basket.

    Something needs to be done, via trade, or starting lineup shuffle. These guns are shooting nothing but blanks, and put us with 1 ft in the hole before the 1st quarter finishes.

  • #2
    The biggest skill a successful NBA player has to learn: how to give a shit night in and night out. The season is a grind and these guys live in such a bubble that their paychecks cease to be a motivating factor. We've heard it hundreds of times before - Hustle is a skill.

    Comment


    • #3
      hmm

      How would you feel if both these guys develop into versatile complete players. You'd prolly feel like shit. Im pretty sure they can't get worse, only can improve. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'd wait and see what the situation looks like in a few years. Patience is a virtue.

      Hey Multipaul, since your so good at "analyzing" answer me this. Why is it so hard for Andrea Bargnani to grab 10 rebounds in a game? Since Reggie isn't playing anytime soon. He better get his ass on it.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

      Comment


      • #4
        9 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds per game, playing over 25 minutes per game and shooting a lousy 39% from the floor. Man, Demar has sucked..... Oh wait, my bad, that's Joe Johnson's stats on the 02-03 Suns (his 2nd year BTW).

        Can we at least agree that maybe we're expecting a little too much from a 2nd year player and an throw in from the Amir Johnson/Carlos Delfino trade? One thing about the NBA now is that is LOADED with good wing players. Every team has guys at the 2/3 that can bring something to the table. Yes, those 2 have played bad lately and they need a more consistent effort, but I'm not going throw them away because Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson burned them. And it's not like Linas Klieza or Leandro Barbosa would do THAT much better.

        Comment


        • #5
          I believe that you need to have at least three capable 3-point shooters on the floor at all times to be successful. Right now it's Bargnani, Calderon, ???. Until either DeMar or Sonny finds some range on their jumpers, I don't think they can play together...

          If Triano really wanted to win right now, he would stick Peja in there over Sonny, but that's just not gonna happen. I'd like to see it though.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
            How would you feel if both these guys develop into versatile complete players. You'd prolly feel like shit. Im pretty sure they can't get worse, only can improve. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'd wait and see what the situation looks like in a few years. Patience is a virtue.
            LOL, Is this your logic ? Lets try it the other way, How would you feel if these guys turn up to be a bust and nothing more than a reserve rotational player in a good NBA team ??!!

            How would you feel if BC decides to give another two 35-45 million dollar and 5 year contract to these guys and they end up now becoming the star that some of us hope so !!!

            What does not kill you , does not neccesrly make u strong. It does not matter how much you spend on a Pontiac 89 model and ... at the end, it will not become a Lambo It is still a Pontiac.

            You can wait and see but he league does NOT.
            Investing in young talent is a good thing when there is actually some talent there. Right now, the real young talents in NBA are guys like:

            Wall, Griffen, Mayo, Lopez, Curry, ... These are the guys that you invest and wait for.

            You remid me of a friend who invested in Nortel and stick with it ( He thought he can wait) till all his 50k became a penny stock
            In the mean time, some of accepted our loss and moved on earlier and invested what was left and actually made it back investing on other stocks.

            Comment


            • #7
              DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
              Can we at least agree that maybe we're expecting a little too much from a 2nd year player and an throw in from the Amir Johnson/Carlos Delfino trade?
              This I agree with but the problem comes when we want to reward these kids on the possible potential. we have invested 35 mill on Amir and for the sake of argument ,lets say we do the same amount for Money Weems and DD

              At some point of time, we have to sit back and see how much risk are these guys based on how they performed so far. It is called risk analysis and Raptors need to do it.

              Comment


              • #8
                That was certainly a demoralizing game. Wow, what a stinker. Triano rightfully was pissed.

                But regardless of this game, bad as it was, this season is all about Demar and Sonny and Amir getting some experience. They will improve as the season goes. This is a slump and the only way around it is hard work and working through it. The D-League would be demoralizing and anti-productive. It is where you would send them to wilt and die.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

                Comment


                • #9
                  jrdyck wrote: View Post
                  I believe that you need to have at least three capable 3-point shooters on the floor at all times to be successful. Right now it's Bargnani, Calderon, ???. Until either DeMar or Sonny finds some range on their jumpers, I don't think they can play together...

                  If Triano really wanted to win right now, he would stick Peja in there over Sonny, but that's just not gonna happen. I'd like to see it though.
                  + 1. It's funny how people decry the coach after the loss. Yes, he's still learning to coach at this level and his substitution / timeout pattern is iffy at best. The real problems on offense lie on lack of three point shooters and inside scoring. I know that Peja's body ain't what it used to be but they need to stretch the floor with him. Triano should shake-up the line up to Calderon, Weems, Peja, Amir and Bargs moving forward. If he sticks to the same lineup as Sunday, the team is toast.
                  Last edited by Balls of Steel; Mon Nov 29, 2010, 07:17 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    Sonny and Demar have all star potential...in the D League

                    Their combined play in the Boston and Atlanta matchups reveal a lack of basketball accumen that has cost us dearly on both occasions. Many are dismissing Sonny's poor play as just a 'slump', but Demar's issues as perhaps far more dire.

                    Regardless, I have never felt so angry at a young player who continuously leaves his mark wide open over and over again as Demar does. Ray Allen smoked us, and so did the various 2 guards that ATL threw at Demar mercilessly. He was exposed and obliterated.

                    Sonny continued his poor play, chucking bricks but at least seeming to give a sh** on defence.

                    Amir has flashes of potency, and perhaps is the highest calibre "gun" in the youngones arsenal.

                    With Demar as the starting 2 , we are basically offering teams a free window to the basket.

                    Something needs to be done, via trade, or starting lineup shuffle. These guns are shooting nothing but blanks, and put us with 1 ft in the hole before the 1st quarter finishes.
                    dude please stfu. what the fuck do you expect are you gonna bitch after every loss ? we lost to a way better team, our offensive execution sucks, no play are being run for demar,

                    we are a lottery team, theres no trade out there that can change that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hahaha common guys lets not torture ourselves anymore.
                      ive surrender to the fact that this is team is going to struggle.
                      that 4 game win streak was a fluke.
                      celtics - no rondo
                      philly - no iguodala
                      houston - no brooks, no yao
                      philly - no brand

                      it still seems to be the same old story. last year, when bosh gets shut down, nobody steps up. same now, when bargs gets in a funk, nobody can step up.

                      i heard on fan590 that demar maybe dealing with injury issues (hamstring, ankle)
                      i got a feeling that their play maybe be affected as well when Jack left
                      but seriously, this is a man's game, its good to have a big brother on the team but when he gets traded, man up and deal with it

                      bargs needs to do a lot more too. he is rebounding, but it aint enough.

                      the celts game i dont mind them losing, but the hawks, they can go toe to toe with these guys. they have similar gameplays and core. atlanta just had more desire to win.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        jrdyck wrote: View Post
                        I believe that you need to have at least three capable 3-point shooters on the floor at all times to be successful.
                        "Capable"? Depends what you mean by that. Three 3pt. shooters at all times?...if it's a jump shooting team you want. Most good teams rely on 1 good one and 2 if they are lucky. 1 is good enough to spread the floor and provide another look for your offense. You do know what happens with 3pt. shooters....they live on the arc (like Bargs used to)...which means very little midrange/short game, offensive rebounding and going to the rim for FTs. Such players in abundance on the floor at the same time also makes for a very soft team on defense and more importantly will NEVER win in the playoffs. Opposing defenses will see to it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          raptorsking wrote: View Post
                          dude please stfu. what the fuck do you expect are you gonna bitch after every loss ? we lost to a way better team, our offensive execution sucks, no play are being run for demar,

                          we are a lottery team, theres no trade out there that can change that.
                          i agree and disagree. i dont agree with the bitching during every loss. we should just open our minds and let it sink in, this team is going to suck big time this year.

                          lost to a better team? yes. but the effort should be there. i think they just dont push enough. the talent is there, but the effort, not so much. sometimes these guys take things for granted, i thought the trade was really going to shake things up and make them realize that hey, not everybody is safe around here. it worked for 4 games, and then that was it.
                          Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Nov 29, 2010, 09:39 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            nobody thought the raps would compete with the elite teams in the east..

                            they've notched wins against two of the best teams in the conference already..

                            they've already overachieved in my book.

                            the young kids kinda sucked.. true enough..

                            but then, my 21 yr old cousin cant get motivated enough to eat anything more than hot pockets for every meal

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Bendit wrote: View Post
                              "Capable"? Depends what you mean by that. Three 3pt. shooters at all times?...if it's a jump shooting team you want. Most good teams rely on 1 good one and 2 if they are lucky. 1 is good enough to spread the floor and provide another look for your offense. You do know what happens with 3pt. shooters....they live on the arc (like Bargs used to)...which means very little midrange/short game, offensive rebounding and going to the rim for FTs. Such players in abundance on the floor at the same time also makes for a very soft team on defense and more importantly will NEVER win in the playoffs. Opposing defenses will see to it.
                              not all 3pt shooters are soft & not all 3pt shooters just camp on the 3pt line... ray allen for example... this guy is the best & hes always moving, running players off screens, plays decent D, is lights out from pretty much anywere on the floor....every team needs guys like ray..... 3pt shooters who arnt versitile enough to do other things is never good. also have u seen teams like miami play with almost no outside shooters! its working really well for those guys isnt it....
                              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Mon Nov 29, 2010, 01:02 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X