X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Times blogsite Calls Reggie's Rebounding "Dominant"

LINK:
    http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...top-rebounder/

This just goes to show how good players can make the negative comments about our team seem like bullshucks. This is one of the main reasons we keep a guy like Reggie. Amongst other great reasons.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

No doubt, Reggie is by far the best rebounder, and like the writer said, it`s not his fault guys like Barney and Weems seem to care less about getting boards, the hawks out-rebounded us and look what happens.

When we win the rebounding game, we`re a not so bad 5-7, when we do lose that part of the game, we`re 1-4.

Comment

Reggie & Rebounding

Barney and Weems seem to care less about getting boards, the hawks out-rebounded us and look what happens.

When we win the rebounding game, we`re a not so bad 5-7, when we do lose that part of the game, we`re 1-4.
      Rebounding (or lack thereof), was not the cause of our loss to Atlanta. The Hawks only had 3 more total rebounds - and in fact, Raps had 1 more Offensive rebound.

The 3 extra [total] rebounds (or more precisely, the 4+ Defensive rebounds) was a function of poor Raptor shooting. 46.8% to 40.0% for the Raptors. Add 7 more made - 3pt shots by Atlanta, and that pretty much defines the scoring difference. Aside from the ease with which they made those shots.

Comment

Anyone know the official take on Reggie's injury and expected return?

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
          Rebounding (or lack thereof), was not the cause of our loss to Atlanta. The Hawks only had 3 more total rebounds - and in fact, Raps had 1 more Offensive rebound.

The 3 extra [total] rebounds (or more precisely, the 4+ Defensive rebounds) was a function of poor Raptor shooting. 46.8% to 40.0% for the Raptors. Add 7 more made - 3pt shots by Atlanta, and that pretty much defines the scoring difference. Aside from the ease with which they made those shots.
          Precisely. It wasn't rebounding. It was the el matador/ole defense that did us in. I remember countless times where the Hawks had open looks and open lanes right to the basket.

But Reggie's performance has been dominant so far. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. The problem with foot breaks/fractures is that it could take forever for it to heal. Even sprains take a ton of time to heal. So, he could be back in 2-4 weeks, or it could take him 8-12 weeks.

Comment

Too bad his foot is in a cast. Last year it took him an extremely long time to come back and so I would anticipate no different this time.

Comment

I find it odd though that BC or JT have not given an actual prognosis of the injury. Typically one would get a press release of some kind with a medical opinion as part of it and at least a vaguish return date, rehab time etc etc. And I was wondering if I missed that.
              Added to that was the cryptic Amir tweet.

Comment

Working...
              X