Drafting a Single-TON Reward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting a Single-TON Reward!

Did anybody see the Ohio State vs Flordia Gators? Some dude named Mike Singleton almost single-handedly pulled Florida from a near 20 point deficit. This guy has the HUNGER & aggressive on the defense! Keep your eye on this guy!

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ingleton-1342/

I know he's listed 6'8" and plays PowerForward, a position currently OVERFILLED but I was just really impress with his HARDWORK that almost won the game for them!

Kemba Walker...UConn...point guard...check him out.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kemba-Walker-5152/
    Last edited by Bendit; Wed Dec 1, 2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Don't need another PF...

Comment

http://espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=51540

Terrence Jones. There is the Raptors starting SF of the future.

Bah, I'm just talking smack.

There is still a long way to go but 20pts, 10rebs, 2.5blks, 1.5stl, 43%3pt, and a couple of assits a game is very impressive in my books.

Oh yes, in a 6'8" 240lb frame!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

he destroyed brandon knight a few weeks back but I liked Aziz N'Diaye on washington 7'0 260lbs. that kid blocks shots like its going out of style.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

Kemba looks like a shooting guard in a point guards body and the 30 point game outbursts is putting him in an Allen Iverson mode - I think we have been there, done that.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

There is still a long way to go but 20pts, 10rebs, 2.5blks, 1.5stl, 43%3pt, and a couple of assits a game is very impressive in my books.

Now, that is a player worth drafting - the rebounds and the blocks are the icing on the cake.lol. .

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

ok done!! Looks consistent, all round #s, a Calipari boy...you have my permission to draft him.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                  Kemba looks like a shooting guard in a point guards body and the 30 point game outbursts is putting him in an Allen Iverson mode - I think we have been there, done that.
                  Exactly, show me a few games where he has at least 8 or 9 assists. Maybe its the fact that UConn is basically a 2 man team...but he is a beast. He's a senior though (I think), had a lot of struggles his first few years...I would keep my eyes open for him, Kentucky looks good too and Georgetown has a trio of guards making noise.

Comment

No surprise here.

He looked really good with Johnson
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Singleton has a TON of Determination and Willingness to takeover the game. Ideally we DO NOT want a PF but I would re-evaluate Amir Johnson & Ed Davis (Who had a BEAST of a first NBA game and the Wiz) when draft time comes. I haven't seem many college games. Not sure who's out there. Just thought I'd throw this guy out.

Ideally without upsetting the team too much I'd want a Carlos Boozer type guy to compliment Andrea. But Ed Davis is *very quick jumper* with a great defensive presence even on help defense and could, dare I say, be better then Boozer's very ROUNDED set of skills. Bayless is impressing me too, but Jose is giving him a run for him money. Our team is very young and management has room to be flexible... future looks brights.... I enjoy watching Raptors games again!

Go Raps Go!

Comment

If i were the Raptors and had the opportunity to draft anyone it would be Perry Jones from Baylor>
                        Check him out
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Jones

He is a 6-10 SF who can handle the ball like a guard and shoot like a guard.
                        Can you imagine this lineup

PG-Bayless
                        SG-DeRozan
                        SF-Perry Jones
                        PF-Ed Davis
                        C-Bargnani

Maybe we can even sign a Stud Free Agent in the Off season with all the cap space we have from our expiring contracts:

Potential 2011 Free Agents:
                        -Carmelo Anthony (very Unlikely)
                        -Yao Ming (Unlikely)
                        -Zach Randolph (Personally Wouldn't Want him)
                        -Joel Przybilla
                        -Adam Morrison (LMFAO)

Actually i began this list thinking there was alot of OF POTENTIAL BUT I GUESS NOT LOL.
                        there are more Restricted free agents

Comment

E-Town_Raptors wrote: View Post
                          If i were the Raptors and had the opportunity to draft anyone it would be Perry Jones from Baylor>
                          Check him out
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Jones

He is a 6-10 SF who can handle the ball like a guard and shoot like a guard.
                          Can you imagine this lineup

PG-Bayless
                          SG-DeRozan
                          SF-Perry Jones
                          PF-Ed Davis
                          C-Bargnani

Maybe we can even sign a Stud Free Agent in the Off season with all the cap space we have from our expiring contracts:

Potential 2011 Free Agents:
                          -Carmelo Anthony (very Unlikely)
                          -Yao Ming (Unlikely)
                          -Zach Randolph (Personally Wouldn't Want him)
                          -Joel Przybilla
                          -Adam Morrison (LMFAO)

Actually i began this list thinking there was alot of OF POTENTIAL BUT I GUESS NOT LOL.
                          there are more Restricted free agents
                          Perry Jones may or may not be available where the Raps pick. He is looking at #2 although he just moved to #1 with nbadraft.net as Barnes is turning in to a let down EARLY. The Raps will either have to suck very hard or be very lucky I think.

As for players the Raptors could use, obviously if Davis plays like we are all hoping, they should be fairly solid in the front court and free agency might net a 3rd/4th/5th big to go with Bargnani, Davis, Johnson, (hopefully) Dorsey plus Kleiza can put some time in at the 4 if they go small. That leaves PG (this could be debatable depending on if Calderon stays and how Bayless plays the rest of the year) and SF available as real needs right now.

Looking at PG/SF players possibily available:

Irving
                          Kemba
                          Knight (least favourable of the 3 PG's)
                          Perry Jones
                          Barnes (he may stay a second year if his stock falls too far)
                          Terrence Jones (personal favourite of the week)
                          Hamilton

THen there are some bigs looking to go top 10 in Kanter, Sullinger, Montiejunas, Vesley and more importantly some sure fire lottery teams that need size.

If the Raptors pick top 10, I think they get a solid prospect SF or PG.

I think those that are dissing this draft class must be talking about the whole draft because there seems to me to be some very good players available in the top 10. EDIT: Actually I'm sure they say that every year!
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 2, 2010, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X