Initial Thoughts on Davis' First NBA Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Thoughts on Davis' First NBA Game

So guys & gals, what did you think of Ed's first game this evening? I'd say it was a solid performance from him. Eventhough he only had a block or two tonight he altered a number of shots which impressed me. Ran the court extremely well for a guy coming off a knee injury. I was also surprised how big and solid he looked. I thought he was going to be a lot more slender. Excited to see this kid develop over the next couple years.

What did the rest of you think?

Great defensive potential. At worse, he'll be Amir.

Comment

He is the Present and the Future. His demeanor is very mature. He has grit, tenacity and a good work ethic. A true bargain at #13. I predict that he will be the franchise and leap-frog Bargs in that category. Case in point, this is his first real game and he's already altering shots on the inside. He holds so much promise.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

absolutely 100% a steal in the draft, I think the kid is legit. Loves the way he defends pick and rolls and his weak side D is on point. If you look at ed on draft day and then in tonights game he put on size and its not even a full year yet. I am not a person to give out praise but I was impressed.

Comment

I only hope people do not go bi-polar on him when he has a bad game - it happens to all rookies.

I was very impressive as well. Like Doc said, he looked thicker than I had imagined. He obviously has been working hard in the weight room.

I thought he looked winded/heavy legs in the 2nd half compared to the first but given knee injury and lack of games since last February that is to be expected.

I think the Raptors might have their starting 4 of the future if he stays healthy. When your father was an NBA workhorse, you hustle and work hard yourself, there is a solid head on your shoulders, you had 2 years of coaching at UNC, and you excel at all the things the Raptors need - the future is very bright for this young man.

Comment

great start for the kid... hopefully they mind his minutes though... i DO NOT want to see him play 24 minutes in a more closely contested game.. he looked drained at the end

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
              Minus the fouls.

Comment

I just loved the way he altered/blocked shots, not something we're used to seeing in raptorland.

Comment

Great defensive instincts, he is looking to box out, rebound and block not to catch and shoot, thats a breath of fresh air on this team. He plays tough, I cant recall who of the Wiz bigs tried to take him to the basket and laid a shoulder on him he just didnt budge.

He took a shoot from 8 feet in the second half and missed, the way he shot the ball reminds me of how D. West shots the ball.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                    Looks better than Amir on D, well behind as a finisher, higher bball IQ. I saw him standing around arms raised in open space and under the basket while the young onz and bayless looked for their own offence. Hope that does not frustrate him.

Comment

Very nice debut. Want to see him up against a good defensive team and a heavier frontcourt. OKC coming up are not big but will be a much better test. He meshed well too...but then the whole team except Kleiza were clicking tonite.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        So guys & gals, what did you think of Ed's first game this evening? I'd say it was a solid performance from him. Eventhough he only had a block or two tonight he altered a number of shots which impressed me. Ran the court extremely well for a guy coming off a knee injury. I was also surprised how big and solid he looked. I thought he was going to be a lot more slender. Excited to see this kid develop over the next couple years.

What did the rest of you think?
                        Liked what bit I did see but I am with you on his bulked up look. Pleasantly surprised especially after we saw him in July. Just hope it isn't too much too soon and pits undue pressure on his knees like another high draft pick that Portland forced too big too early in Oden.

Comment

Looked very good. Gave them an element they've never had. I hope they give him the time to ease into the nba game.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            Eventhough he only had a block or two tonight he altered a number of shots which impressed me.
                            He actually had 3 blocked shots but they didint count the tipped block he had on Blatche

Comment

Anyone else nervous he'll re-injure himself? That's one hefty brace he's got on. It's for sure nice to see him play finally, and well at that. But, now that i have and can see he's quality, I kinda hope they don't give him too many minutes for the next while. 25/game is too much. I'd like to see it about half that until the new year or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X