Initial Thoughts on Davis' First NBA Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    I'm just happy we never got saddled with a max contract for Bosh. That would have hindered us for years. What would have that been again - 6 years and $130 mil! Thank my lucky stars.
    + 130,000,000

Comment

Davis is going to be a good one. When I first saw him, he reminded me of a mini-version of Andrew Bynum. Not quite as tall or wide but similar in they way they play defence and rebound. His defence is quite strong already and with time, he'll develop an offensive game. All in all, this guy was a steal at #13. A front court of Davis, Bargnani, Evans, Johnson, etc. is going to be quite good. I hope they keep developing over the next two months. I can't wait for that showdown with the Heat on Feb. 16. Would love to see Davis go at Bosh one on one.

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
        Davis is going to be a good one. When I first saw him, he reminded me of a mini-version of Andrew Bynum. Not quite as tall or wide but similar in they way they play defence and rebound. His defence is quite strong already and with time, he'll develop an offensive game. All in all, this guy was a steal at #13. A front court of Davis, Bargnani, Evans, Johnson, etc. is going to be quite good. I hope they keep developing over the next two months. I can't wait for that showdown with the Heat on Feb. 16. Would love to see Davis go at Bosh one on one.
        I agree with your comment except two things: 1) I think Davis does have an offensive game but he is 5th option when he is on the floor. He has shown a very soft touch. 2) Evans will not be a part of this team going forward. He has shown when he was on the floor, nobody had to guard him and his man clogged up the paint. Also he has proven he can't play more than 20mins and his is injury prone. I hate to say things things because he does seem like such a good guy and teammate but I'm also trying to be realistic when I say the Raptors are better moving forward without him.

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
          You have to see Davis' left hook before saying he has no offense, our best post player on both ends.

Comment

Im very pleased with his ability defensively, and his poise offensively. The kid makes smart decisions, his conditionally is nowhere near where it can be, so that leads me to believe he still has a LOT of upside I can see him turning into a Jermaine O'neal type player, good shot blocker, true power forward, post presence, strong rebounder.
            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Excellent points by everyone. Davis will be a good one. Now, if only we could somehow land Kyrie Irving or Harrison Barnes in the 2011 draft.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                What happens if that name happens to be Carmelo Anthony?!
                At this point I don't how much the Raptors offense would gain with Anthony.

The current starting lineup and bench rotation is averaging 113 PPG compared to the league leading Suns 109. In addition the Raptors with this starting rotation ere scoring 13 more PPG against their opponents then what these teams are giving up on the average for the season. Two of the three teams to date this rotation has played against are the Heat and Thunder.

As long as the Raptors stay with this rotation they don't need more offense.

What they need to do is to continue to improve their defense. The extra money that the Raptors would pay for Carmelo's defense differential vs Weems, Kleiza and Wright is in my opinion not worth the $100 million more it would cost to get him.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                X