No announcement yet.

OKC Post Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta give the most credit to Barbosa. Granted, everybody on the Raps seem like they are clicking right now, but Barbosa is absolutely killing it off the bench. He comes in every night and just mad attacks. He's a huge reason to the Raps winning ways.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      I loved the game, I think we can make the playoffs playing this way, if 38 or so wins is enough. But I'm loving the effort, hustle and heart. I am enjoying this season so friggin' much.
      If the current rotations are kept in tact it is my opinion that this team will win over 41 games.

I know it is a small sample however over the last two seasons when Bargnani, Calderon and Johnson have started together the Raptors 4 - 3.

They are 3 - 0 vs lottery teams and got their first win against a playoff team last night making them 1 - 3 vs playoff teams.

Wins
      --------
      At Home vs Knicks
      At Detroit
      at Home vs Wiz
      at Home vs Thunder

Losses
      -----------
      At Atlanta by only 6
      At 10-11 Heat by only 9
      Home vs Bulls - They were just overwhelmed in the playoffs, in or out deciding, pressure cooker with a team that had been there before.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
        You gotta give the most credit to Barbosa. Granted, everybody on the Raps seem like they are clicking right now, but Barbosa is absolutely killing it off the bench. He comes in every night and just mad attacks. He's a huge reason to the Raps winning ways.
        We all have our favorites. I am also a big fan of his as long as he is not asked to play PG.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Great Game! I had made a post in a different thread regarding the game last night, but then realized it's much better suited in this thread - apologies if you've already seen it in the other thread, but here it goes again:

One thing I noticed, is the attendance was reported as a little under 17,000 last night - it seemed like the ACC was a lot more full than that - the place was rocking! Better yet, I was watching the game with some friends of mine who weren't raptor fanatics like me, but just casual Raptor fans who will watch the occasional game - they were going NUTS! It's simple, really - one quote from one of them last night: "I love when they run" this is the key to making the raptors the talk of the town - RUN! Even the casual fan who's flipping channels on a Friday night and stumbles to the Raps game will stay tuned when they play the way they did - it's so exciting and with no other Toronto team dominating any of their (not respectable as basketball) respective sports, this is a GREAT time for the RAPS to take over! Because win, lose, or play bad, there will always be us - the fans who love the raptors no matter what and will go to games and follow all of their games on tv - HOWEVER, they increase their fan base to the "casual fan" and generate interest with their up tempo play all season and push for the playoffs, well, let's just say the city of Toronto could be facing a legit red and black attack come April
          Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            If the current rotations are kept in tact it is my opinion that this team will win over 41 games.

I know it is a small sample however over the last two seasons when Bargnani, Calderon and Johnson have started together the Raptors 4 - 3.

They are 3 - 0 vs lottery teams and got their first win against a playoff team last night making them 1 - 3 vs playoff teams.

Wins
            --------
            At Home vs Knicks
            At Detroit
            at Home vs Wiz
            at Home vs Thunder

Losses
            -----------
            At Atlanta by only 6
            At 10-11 Heat by only 9
            Home vs Bulls - They were just overwhelmed in the playoffs, in or out deciding, pressure cooker with a team that had been there before.
            The thing is Buddha, we don't always play with so much energy and effort. If they can keep it up even for 60 games we can have a winning season, or at least be taken seriously in the league. But without consistency getting to the playoffs is pointless. But I'm very happy with this team, and for once in my life I'll actually say this, I would still be happy and proud of this team if they don't get to the play-offs. I have not watched such great basketball from the Raps since at least 06. And even then, it wasn't at least as enjoyable as it is now. I hope we get into the playoffs, and because we're in the East, I think we can.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              The thing is Buddha, we don't always play with so much energy and effort. If they can keep it up even for 60 games we can have a winning season, or at least be taken seriously in the league. But without consistency getting to the playoffs is pointless. But I'm very happy with this team, and for once in my life I'll actually say this, I would still be happy and proud of this team if they don't get to the play-offs. I have not watched such great basketball from the Raps since at least 06. And even then, it wasn't at least as enjoyable as it is now. I hope we get into the playoffs, and because we're in the East, I think we can.
              I don't see the energy level falling off with the current rotation.

The big and of course biased story here is in my opinion the chemistry one.

Starting Johnson, Weems and DeRozan together is a big plus. All of these guys work hard, bring energy and are young enough to continue to bring it most nights and truly like one another. You can see the positive impact of this especially on DeRozan. He and Johnson have played basketball together for years in one form or another. They feed off of each other's energy. Weems being part of the group also feeds off of that energy as well as bringing his own. The three of them just really love playing together. Nothing like loving what you are doing to want to make you want to continue to make the extra effort.

Johnson has also developed what appears to be a close professional relationship with Jose. Jose and Johnson feed off of this. I notice where they now talk to each other during games when they are not on the court together and I doubt that given their respective backgrounds and interests that it is anything but basketball.

Also Johnson and Baragnani have developed a bit of a professional relationship and they play well together.

This group of five really enjoys playing together. There are no egos to get in the way so they play hard as a team only looking out for what is best for the team and continually working to get better at their own games and together as a unit.

Reggie might be a nice guy and a very good rebounder but the truth of the matter is is that he was and is an outsider with respect to this group which in my opinion detracted from the effectiveness of the other four starters.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Dec 4, 2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                I don't see the energy level falling off with the current rotation.
                I hope you are right - it is the only thing I want to see this year. But they have gone out and played a few dudes: ATL, WSH (1st time), barely beat PHI first time, UTA, CHA. They are not good enough to not play 100% - I'm sure PJ lets them know that all the time - lol.

Comment

Awesome Game! OKC is still a very good team without KD and we basically dominated them from start to finish. How about Bargs with 26 and 12! Where are all the haters now???

Comment

Working...
                  X