Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Lost To A Very Good Team Today - Knicks Now Have Won 7 In A Row On The Road

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I would hardly write him off yet. He is 25 and on a very managable contract. His confidence is clearly shaken. He'll bounce back. He needs to accept he is an NBA bench player. If he can't handle that though, send him to SAC to start.
    I think he is in the wrong environment

    His game is a plodding power game, not a running athletic game which the Raptors are playing.

    He could start and do well for a NBA team that walked the ball up the court.

    The Raptors play too quick for him in my opinion.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

    Comment


    • #17
      Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      i feel bad for Kleiza.

      But then again he is making good money. He as a 4 year deal for $20 million and he isn't playing a lot of minutes.

      His salary per minute played is pretty good.

      Nice job if you can get it.
      4years and $18.8M ($4.995, $4.605, $4.6, $4.6M)

      Probably splitting hairs.

      Comment


      • #18
        Matt52 wrote: View Post
        4years and $18.8M ($4.995, $4.605, $4.6, $4.6M)

        Probably splitting hairs.
        Yea, yea U R
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

        Memories some so sweet, indeed

        Larger Photo of the avatar



        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

        Comment


        • #19
          Klieza looks lost.. Bayless & Amir had great games. Jose played ok but had less min. cause Bayless was hot..Bargs better learn to play against smaller players or hes going to struggle more...Davis played decent but his jumper looked awfull..same with the FT, hes got to clean that up for sure...sub par game for weems & derozan again..

          Comment


          • #20
            i would stop well short of calling the knicks a very good team. i wouldn't even call them good, actually. 'relatively good in a terrible conference', maybe, or 'totally mediocre' i might go with. i think they're about as good as the hawks or the bucks (if they get their act together - though skiles' teams have a history of tuning him out). if you think those teams are good then i guess they're pretty good. i don't think they'd even make the playoffs in the west though. 5th seed ceiling in the east, behind orlando, boston, chicago, and miami. probably 6th behind atlanta.

            i mean look at the motley crew of bawful teams they beat in the streak you're referring to:
            sacramento
            golden state
            the other LA team
            bobcraps
            pissed-ons
            hornets
            and us

            new orleans aside, that there is a list of the absolute dregs of the league. next up they got the timberpups, us, and the wizz, so we'll probably have to endure a whole week of the US national media fellating the knicks.

            fear not though they'll come crashing back down to earth with a brutal schedule after that and everyone will wonder 'what's wrong with the knicks' and we can all laff and laff

            Comment


            • #21
              also STAT for MVP is hilarious

              Comment


              • #22
                chris wrote: View Post
                i would stop well short of calling the knicks a very good team. i wouldn't even call them good, actually. 'relatively good in a terrible conference', maybe, or 'totally mediocre' i might go with. i think they're about as good as the hawks or the bucks (if they get their act together - though skiles' teams have a history of tuning him out). if you think those teams are good then i guess they're pretty good. i don't think they'd even make the playoffs in the west though. 5th seed ceiling in the east, behind orlando, boston, chicago, and miami. probably 6th behind atlanta.

                i mean look at the motley crew of bawful teams they beat in the streak you're referring to:
                sacramento
                golden state
                the other LA team
                bobcraps
                pissed-ons
                hornets
                and us

                new orleans aside, that there is a list of the absolute dregs of the league. next up they got the timberpups, us, and the wizz, so we'll probably have to endure a whole week of the US national media fellating the knicks.

                fear not though they'll come crashing back down to earth with a brutal schedule after that and everyone will wonder 'what's wrong with the knicks' and we can all laff and laff
                STAT for MVP is definitely a stretch - but his playing better than anyone we have.

                As for the teams they have beat, before you call the Knicks crap you should remember the Kings, GSW, and Bobcats have all beat the Raptors.

                Not trying to be a d!ck but pointing out the Raps have lost to teams they Knicks beat and the Knicks have now beat us twice - at home.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I was impressed with them. They're looking way better than when the Raps lost to em last time.

                  And just wait till Eddy Curry comes back. He will eat up the competition.
                  Last edited by Employee; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 04:54 PM. Reason: im an idiot
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    STAT for MVP is definitely a stretch - but his playing better than anyone we have.
                    he absolutely is, but we don't have any MVP candidates either. credit where its due, he's been absolutely beasting. but lets take a moment to remember this is the same player who can be as allergic to defense and (defensive) rebounding as andrea, entered the game against us a net -10 despite the fact that his team was above .500 and on an absolute tear, and thus far this season there have been 3 players to have spectacular, absurdly retarded career nights while being gurded by him (love's 30-30, blake's 44-15-7, and amir's). how many more of those will he give up?

                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    As for the teams they have beat, before you call the Knicks crap
                    i never called them crap, i called them 'totally mediocre' or 'good in a bad conference'. i think they'll make the 6th seed in the east, and do no worse than 7th. in my mind that doesn't make them 'very good' though... as i pointed out i don't think they'd make the playoffs in the west, i thikn they'd be battling memphis for the 9th spot behind the suns, and if portland or houston were healthy i think they'd be worse then them, too.

                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    you should remember the Kings, GSW, and Bobcats have all beat the Raptors.
                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Not trying to be a d!ck but pointing out the Raps have lost to teams they Knicks beat and the Knicks have now beat us twice - at home.
                    i'm not really sure how you got the impression that i think were anything but a shitty team at the moment either. i love our team and the effort they've shown (at times) this season, but let's face it, we've been playing over our heads and getting by on sheer youthful exuberance and not-knowing-any-better, and have surprised some teams because of it. so kudos to the coaching staff for recognizing our strength is athleticism and trying to fast break teams to death, and kudos to the players for bringing it. but we're still bottom five in the league talent-wise. i don't think there's any question about it.

                    and i don't think you're a dick for pointing that out, and trust you don't think i'm a dick for rebutting.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      chris wrote: View Post
                      he absolutely is, but we don't have any MVP candidates either. credit where its due, he's been absolutely beasting. but lets take a moment to remember this is the same player who can be as allergic to defense and (defensive) rebounding as andrea, entered the game against us a net -10 despite the fact that his team was above .500 and on an absolute tear, and thus far this season there have been 3 players to have spectacular, absurdly retarded career nights while being gurded by him (love's 30-30, blake's 44-15-7, and amir's). how many more of those will he give up?


                      i never called them crap, i called them 'totally mediocre' or 'good in a bad conference'. i think they'll make the 6th seed in the east, and do no worse than 7th. in my mind that doesn't make them 'very good' though... as i pointed out i don't think they'd make the playoffs in the west, i thikn they'd be battling memphis for the 9th spot behind the suns, and if portland or houston were healthy i think they'd be worse then them, too.




                      i'm not really sure how you got the impression that i think were anything but a shitty team at the moment either. i love our team and the effort they've shown (at times) this season, but let's face it, we've been playing over our heads and getting by on sheer youthful exuberance and not-knowing-any-better, and have surprised some teams because of it. so kudos to the coaching staff for recognizing our strength is athleticism and trying to fast break teams to death, and kudos to the players for bringing it. but we're still bottom five in the league talent-wise. i don't think there's any question about it.

                      and i don't think you're a dick for pointing that out, and trust you don't think i'm a dick for rebutting.
                      I agree with all the above. Must have misinterpreted and sorry for putting words in your mouth.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Knicks win again, move to 16 - 9 with four point win over the Nuggets

                        Stoudemire has scored at least 30 points in eight straight games, a franchise record.

                        Game log on link does not include today's 30 point game for Amar'e

                        He has averaged 34 PPG over the eight games.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                        Memories some so sweet, indeed

                        Larger Photo of the avatar



                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X