Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peja Stojakovic Get Healthy AND FAST!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peja Stojakovic Get Healthy AND FAST!

    Sad to say but we desperatly need Peja Stojakovic and as much as he was the "throw in" in the Jack trade he may very well turn out to be an important peice at least until he's traded.

    I would input him into the starting line up asap! His 3 point shooting will strech the defence because they need to respect his shot. This will allow other players more room to drive and play pick and roll without worrying about weems or derozans man taking a charge. I would have weems and barbosa come of the bench. I think weems is more a spark plug and can bring energy as the sixth man. Also having a shooter can complement derozans game more.
    Peja get health fast!!

  • #2
    Or let's trade him faster for another starter in the same position!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      what the hell is with Peja's swollen knee? I have a freaking swollen knee yet I just shoveled snow then plowed the wife. No complaints here, and I didn't even get paid millions. Unless Colangelo has something is in the works, why the F isn't he playing? God knows a sharp shooting 3 point specialist might have helped tonight. Its not like when he has a healthy knee Peja can play a lick of defense. For the love of sweet baby jesus, get off your ass and play!
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

      Comment


      • #4
        The Raps have no one to stretch the floor with. Struggling wings and no 3 point shooting to speak of. Sigh. I'm thinking that both Weems and Demar deserves to go to the bench at this point. I would start Barbosa and Kleiza (yes Kleiza, just to get him back mentally). The second unit should be Sonny, Demar and Jerryd with Davis and Wright. The running and gunning should be on the bench unit. Why you ask? Well, Jose is a half-court offense oriented PG. We can have Barbosa on a drive and kick option, Jose and Amir can continue their pick and roll while Bargs camps on the 3-point line from time-to-time.

        PS> Peja's gotta be in there. Seriously.
        Last edited by Balls of Steel; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 07:23 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
          Sad to say but we desperatly need Peja Stojakovic and as much as he was the "throw in" in the Jack trade he may very well turn out to be an important peice at least until he's traded.
          Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Peja isn't going to be the answer. No one is going to be the "answer" this year. This year isn't about winning, it's about developing the young players. Even if that wasn't the goal, Peja is now a role player who needs somebody to create for him. The Raptors already have a bunch of spot up shooter and I highly doubt one more is going to fix anything.

          Comment


          • #6
            Apollo wrote: View Post
            Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Peja isn't going to be the answer. No one is going to be the "answer" this year. This year isn't about winning, it's about developing the young players. Even if that wasn't the goal, Peja is now a role player who needs somebody to create for him. The Raptors already have a bunch of spot up shooter and I highly doubt one more is going to fix anything.
            True, but how many of their spot up shooters are actually good shooters??

            Comment


            • #7
              You got me. I just don't see how playing Peja helps anything when he's a marked man and is not part of the future. I'd rather see them lose with guys like Bayless, Davis, DeRozan and Johnson out there than steal a win with Peja getting good PT. That's not to say I want to see them tank but I do realize the new nature of this team, the way it's being built, is that the focus should not be primarily on winning games at all costs. It should be about winning games with the pieces you expect to be here long term.

              Comment


              • #8
                Apollo wrote: View Post
                You got me. I just don't see how playing Peja helps anything when he's a marked man and is not part of the future. I'd rather see them lose with guys like Bayless, Davis, DeRozan and Johnson out there than steal a win with Peja getting good PT. That's not to say I want to see them tank but I do realize the new nature of this team, the way it's being built, is that the focus should not be primarily on winning games at all costs. It should be about winning games with the pieces you expect to be here long term.
                OK, so you got a guy on the bench earning 14 mil. and the team is getting creamed by 20. That's supposed to be a good thing? Putting out 5 young guys to be humiliated is hardly developmental. Guys learned when there is even a remote perception of hope. I'm not saying that the hope is in Peja but defenders and most teams know that he can still knock em down. I mean, you're practically getting molested out there and you have a guy with 14 mil sitting there doing nothing. I just don't know where the morale boost will come from.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The only reason to play Peja is so teams can remind themselves that he can shoot and has some trade value.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    OK, so you got a guy on the bench earning 14 mil. and the team is getting creamed by 20. That's supposed to be a good thing? Putting out 5 young guys to be humiliated is hardly developmental. Guys learned when there is even a remote perception of hope. I'm not saying that the hope is in Peja but defenders and most teams know that he can still knock em down. I mean, you're practically getting molested out there and you have a guy with 14 mil sitting there doing nothing. I just don't know where the morale boost will come from.
                    It was one game. What about the bunch they won prior? It's part of a rebuild/retool or whatever else you want to call it. The young guys need to take their lumps just like they need to savor victories. What message does it send to them when they're down if it's "ok", they'll be replaced and they can just sit back on the bench and quit? The only way you can learn to fight is by fighting and if they're not able or willing to fight back when faced with adversity then why are we wasting our time watching them play? I think it's great to leave them out there no matter the scenario in what should be a lost season. Peja's contract value is irrelevant. The Raptors never signed him to that deal and they have no intention of keeping him past the deadline. They'll be paying him for three months. He's here to facilitate the next move. If him getting paid not to play significant time is catching you up then remember that they were paying Sam Mitchell $5M/yr for two years not to coach. Going back even further they were paying Kevin O'Neil and Lenny Wilkins not to coach the first year they hired Sam Mitchell. In fact the year after, if I do recall, they traded for Alonzo Mourning and then gave him over $10M to just go away. Retooling isn't always pretty and if you approach it with the mind set that you must win at all costs then you could end up with a NY Knicks scenario where by they shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly until it's to the point where they're a decade removed from their last playoff appearance and little to show for it.

                    Employee wrote: View Post
                    The only reason to play Peja is so teams can remind themselves that he can shoot and has some trade value.
                    That scenario makes a lot more sense to me.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 12:40 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      OK, so you got a guy on the bench earning 14 mil. and the team is getting creamed by 20. That's supposed to be a good thing? Putting out 5 young guys to be humiliated is hardly developmental. Guys learned when there is even a remote perception of hope. I'm not saying that the hope is in Peja but defenders and most teams know that he can still knock em down. I mean, you're practically getting molested out there and you have a guy with 14 mil sitting there doing nothing. I just don't know where the morale boost will come from.
                      Getting playing time is developmental. Peja being out there might have made the final score being us losing by 13 instead of 20. At the end of the day, a loss is still a loss. He's not that much of a difference maker.

                      And with a swollen knee at his age, you still gotta run and jump. However, Peja's been known as a soft player his whole career. He's probably pulling a Bosh and protecting himself so at least he ensures he actually gets another contract.

                      But if you're looking at peja for that morale boost, that's kinda sad.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        And with a swollen knee at his age, you still gotta run and jump. However, Peja's been known as a soft player his whole career. He's probably pulling a Bosh and protecting himself so at least he ensures he actually gets another contract.
                        And another thing. Picture this. The trade went down to hopefully use him as a trade asset at the deadline. Imagine Jay gets the wild idea to start putting him in the regular rotation for extended minutes and he blows his knee out and goes down with some other significant injury? Suddenly his trade value goes down...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Apollo wrote: View Post
                          And another thing. Picture this. The trade went down to hopefully use him as a trade asset at the deadline. Imagine Jay gets the wild idea to start putting him in the regular rotation for extended minutes and he blows his knee out and goes down with some other significant injury? Suddenly his trade value goes down...
                          ya i agree 100% last thing we need is another trade chip getting injured...just hope BC does somthing with him sooner then later..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah. I could see them potentially getting burned on Peja if their intention is to trade him. He's an injury waiting to happen and he was told he would be traded when moved here. He's expecting it. If he goes down and can't be moved then they should just send him home all together.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think that if Colangelo didn't give a damn about trading the guy, they'd have him out there playing right now. It's all about protecting an asset.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X