Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Amir Have Been A Better Football Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Amir Have Been A Better Football Player?

The more I see him play the more I think about what a great wide-out he would been.

1. Can Run
    2. Tall
    3. Great Hands
    4. Loves Physical Contact
    5. Can't foul out

I really think he missed his calling.

What do you gals/guys think?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

dude would lead the league in pass interferences

Comment

his body is pretty thin...in football standard isn't it?

Comment

If he were 20 pounds heavier, he'd have the potential to be a fantastic TE. Too slow to be a top-notch wideout.

Comment

Yeah there's no way he has the speed of an elite WR

Comment

Antonio Gates played basketball in college and went to the NFL afterwards at the age of 23, Amir is 23 so i think it is possible that if he changed his mind and really wanted to go, he could do it.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
              his body is pretty thin...in football standard isn't it?
              Johnson weighs 237 lbs or so he claims

Brandon Lloyd who leads the NFL in reception yards weighs 194 lbs.

Johnson competed successfully in track in high school both in the sprints and long distance running

I don't think he would make the switch now.

I think had he gone to college and played football instead of basketball he would have become a very good wide-out.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 05:21 PM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

After the contract he got, I don't think he'll be considering the NFL anytime soon.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  After the contract he got, I don't think he'll be considering the NFL anytime soon.
                  This. Although I do think he'd be a great TE.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    This. Although I do think he'd be a great TE.
                    I think a better wide-out than TE. I think he is too skinny and tall to play TE. Tight Ends need to block a lot which is harder to do if you are really tall. Wide-outs don't have to block nearly as much.

The only question in my mind is just how fast were Johnson's sprint times in the high school track that he competed in?

Comment

I'm sorry, but are we talking about CFL or Euroleague? Either way, no.
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I'm sure the Lions would take him in a heartbeat. He would fit in well with all the other players who don't look like they know how to play football.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I'm sure the Lions would take him in a heartbeat. He would fit in well with all the other players who don't look like they know how to play football.
                          You are correct that he doesn't know how to play football, but he still might be better than some of those Lions players that you were thinking about when you made your comment.

Comment

He might be too tall to play in the NFL now that I think about it. I think the tallest person ever to play in the NFL was 6ft 8 guard, Amir is said to be 6ft 11. :|

Comment

Working...
                            X