Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan Stat line: November Vs. December So Far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan Stat line: November Vs. December So Far...

For discussion:

Nov.
    11.9 PPG, 3.2 REB, 46% FG PCT, 13% 3PT PCT, 73% FT PCT(3.7 of 5.1 per game), 1.4 AST/TO, 0.6 STL, 0.1 BLK, 2.9 PF

Dec.
    14.4 PPG, 3.4 REB, 50% FG PCT, 25% 3PT PCT, 76% FT PCT(3.8 of 5.0 per game), 2.5 AST/TO, 0.8 STL, 0.6 BLK, 1.4 PF

if entire season will be like december I will be quietly happy cause are good stats his 2nd year. AST per game are poor, he need to be more involved with team not only get to the rim
    Let's go Raptors!

Comment

I'm more impressed with the general consistency of his aggression. Doesn't really take a step back on offense this month.

D needs some work, but his offense...oh boy, am I liking it. Still can't get over the fact that he's assisted on 13% less of his shots this year versus last.

Create that offense, young man.

Also, maybe the hammy injury was actually an issue? In retrospect it seems very plausible.
      Joshua Priemski
      NBA blogger
      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
      www.RufusOnFire.com/
      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Wow. It doesn't seem possible. He looks completely lost. His defense has been atrocious and his shooting has been horrendous. Can he even sink an open jump shot? He did have a couple of good games and maybe that is skewing the stats because the last 3 games have been sad. I only wish the best for DD. This season is all about the young players' development. I hope he gets out of his funk and breaks loose next game.

Oh, and Introcollapse, I don't remember there being a problem with DD hamstring. Was there? I remember something about Sonny working through an injury.
        Last edited by RaptorDan; Fri Dec 10, 2010, 12:52 AM.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

He often looks like he's mentally a couple of steps behind the play on both ends. That might change, but it more likely won't.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
            Wow. It doesn't seem possible. He looks completely lost. His defense has been atrocious and his shooting has been horrendous. Can he even sink an open jump shot? He did have a couple of good games and maybe that is skewing the stats because the last 3 games have been sad. I only wish the best for DD. This season is all about the young players' development. I hope he gets out of his funk and breaks loose next game.

Oh, and Introcollapse, I don't remember there being a problem with DD hamstring. Was there? I remember something about Sonny working through an injury.
            Last game he dropped 19, shooting 55% from the field. He got to the line 8 times and sunk 7 of them. I think a lot of people are looking at it wrong. I hope he doesn't develop a long range game. The Raptors have enough jump shooters. What they've lacked for a very long time is a guy who consistently tries to get to the bucket. I want to see him bring his game in closer. I want to see him driving in the paint and also posting guys up . Eventually I'd like to see him develop a solid mid range game when he's good enough to make D's focus in on him constantly.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Last game he dropped 19, shooting 55% from the field. He got to the line 8 times and sunk 7 of them. I think a lot of people are looking at it wrong. I hope he doesn't develop a long range game. The Raptors have enough jump shooters. What they've lacked for a very long time is a guy who consistently tries to get to the bucket. I want to see him bring his game in closer. I want to see him driving in the paint and also posting guys up . Eventually I'd like to see him develop a solid mid range game when he's good enough to make D's focus in on him constantly.
              you can't be a one dimesnional player and make it in this league. He has to develop a long range shot or teams will never respect him. They'll play off him at the 3 point line and take away his driving lanes. It's goin to take some work but if anyone has the work ethic to do it, it's him.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                you can't be a one dimesnional player and make it in this league. He has to develop a long range shot or teams will never respect him. They'll play off him at the 3 point line and take away his driving lanes. It's goin to take some work but if anyone has the work ethic to do it, it's him.
                Why does he? How is Gerald Wallace doing these days? In his prime Corey Maggette lived off the line and driving to the basket for years. He changed games by getting the other team's big men in foul trouble while picking up easy buckets. Both have put up All-Star numbers in many different years.
                Last edited by Apollo; Fri Dec 10, 2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

People just hate DeRozan, Apollo. Not sure why. Toronto has so many ignorant, arrogant fans that think they know everything.

Gotta get used to it.
                  Joshua Priemski
                  NBA blogger
                  www.RufusOnFire.com/

Comment

I could live with him never becoming an outside scoring threat if he could become a lock down defender.

There have been many players with less ability than DeMar and strictly one dimensional to make a career in the NBA - Corey Maggette being a stand out. Most one dimensional players are on the defensive end though.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I could live with him never becoming an outside scoring threat if he could become a lock down defender.

There have been many players with less ability than DeMar and strictly one dimensional to make a career in the NBA - Corey Maggette being a stand out. Most one dimensional players are on the defensive end though.
                      I'd argue it's pretty 50/50. Think JR Smith, Crawford.
                      Joshua Priemski
                      NBA blogger
                      www.RufusOnFire.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X