Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Raptors Take a Bite at Anthony Randolph?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should the Raptors Take a Bite at Anthony Randolph?

    all the knicks want in return is a first round draft pick so they can use it for the melo trade.
    we can send them miami first round. any thoughts ? than we can trade reggie and dorsey or waive dorsey

    Source: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...rade_for_melo/

  • #2
    i'd be all over this. all. over. this.
    @sweatpantsjer

    Comment


    • #3
      South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
      all the knicks want in return is a first round draft pick so they can use it for the melo trade.
      we can send them miami first round. any thoughts ? than we can trade reggie and dorsey or waive dorsey

      Source: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...rade_for_melo/
      No for three reasons:

      1) A duplicate, or tripl-icate, of talent with Ed Davis and Amir Johnson.
      2) If he can't play for Nellie and D'Antoni, there is something wrong there. They are the two least defensive minded coaches in the NBA.
      3) Shouldn't do anything to help a division rival add one of the top 10 players in the game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Matt52 wrote: View Post
        No for three reasons:

        1) A duplicate, or tripl-icate, of talent with Ed Davis and Amir Johnson.
        2) If he can't play for Nellie and D'Antoni, there is something wrong there. They are the two least defensive minded coaches in the NBA.
        3) Shouldn't do anything to help a division rival add one of the top 10 players in the game.
        +1. From a talent perspective, this guy is oozing it. But if you can't get along Nellie and to some extent D'Antoni, there's something wrong here. Headcases are simply difficult to deal with. I know what people are saying, will this be Beasley part deux? I beg to differ. Beasley wouldn't have thrived her as he is currently doing in Minny. Plus the after-game environment here is simply too much for a young man like him. If Ty Lawson or Jeff Teague type players are being discussed in this forum (not necessarily this thread obviously), then there's much to discuss.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't care how good this guy is/can be. I'd rather keep out pick as we have a good change to get a great pick this season.

          Comment


          • #6
            id rather not be part of building another big three for another team...1 was enough...plus i dont really see how AR would fit on our current squad... we need 1s,2s,3,5s, not so much 4s.....id be more willing to give them a pick for Fields & Rautins

            Comment


            • #7
              DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              id rather not be part of building another big three for another team...1 was enough...plus i dont really see how AR would fit on our current squad... we need 1s,2s,3,5s, not so much 4s.....id be more willing to give them a pick for Fields & Rautins
              Anthony randolph is a SF/PF
              Says he is most comparable to players such as Lamar odom/ Tayshaun Prince
              Next years draft seems deep in sf's but i think Randolph could be a pretty good pickup if he works out.
              Id pick him up and hopefully he gets back to his old numbers.
              Says he runs the floor very well, blovks shots, and rebounds the balls... why wouldnt he fit into Torontos system ?

              http://www.nbadraft.net/players/anthony-randolph

              Comment


              • #8
                Matt52 wrote: View Post
                No for three reasons:

                1) A duplicate, or tripl-icate, of talent with Ed Davis and Amir Johnson.
                2) If he can't play for Nellie and D'Antoni, there is something wrong there. They are the two least defensive minded coaches in the NBA.
                3) Shouldn't do anything to help a division rival add one of the top 10 players in the game.
                Bingo, bango, bongo. Bad idea guys. Not to mention the guy is extremely overrated. Ed Davis is going to turn out to be a better player in my honest opinion.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I could see toronto getting involved in a three way deal with the knicks and Nuggets

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Houston Bound?

                    Source: Zagsblog.com
                    Last edited by Apollo; Sat Dec 11, 2010, 02:59 PM. Reason: Houston Bound?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think if you look strictly at his stats at the 3 position, he would be a great pickup.

                      Who DOES get along with Nellie? Don't you think playing guys out of their comfort zone -- try SF, now try C, now try PF... yeah, PF -- is going to kill anyone's talent and create confusion?

                      Look at his prorated season last year, despite injury and a certifiable re-tard coaching his team into the ground...

                      11.6 and 6.5 (2.2 offensive) with an assist and 1.5 blocks -- IN 23 minutes a game!?!? and in 5 minutes less per game a season prior, he still put up current Ed Davis numbers. I'd be more critical of his health than of his abilities. It seems like anytime he strings together solid outings, he's ended up with a minor injury and lost his spot in the rotation. Not that it helped him playing behind Corey Maggette.
                      It's about money

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        No for three reasons:

                        1) A duplicate, or tripl-icate, of talent with Ed Davis and Amir Johnson.
                        2) If he can't play for Nellie and D'Antoni, there is something wrong there. They are the two least defensive minded coaches in the NBA.
                        3) Shouldn't do anything to help a division rival add one of the top 10 players in the game.
                        completely ignoring randolph and his ability.

                        why the hell would you want to add at least another 10 years to the raptors ever having a chance to compete for a championship or even playoffs?

                        the knciks are already rolling with amare and felton and you want to trade for some piece of shit player to help the knicks get CARMELO FUCKING ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!!

                        you sure you're a raptors fan?
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                        Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That said, I don't think trading a pick for him is a good idea this year if the draft does really stack up with quality SFs.
                          It's about money

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Who the hell is Adam Zaga-whatever?... lol. I bet that article is all hype.
                            Randolph *21 yr old* is a SF and thats where he should play. He is to small for a PF and thats why he struggles
                            raps should snag him. He oulwd be a steal for miamis late 1st round pick cmon!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              LBF wrote: View Post
                              completely ignoring randolph and his ability.

                              why the hell would you want to add at least another 10 years to the raptors ever having a chance to compete for a championship or even playoffs?

                              the knciks are already rolling with amare and felton and you want to trade for some piece of shit player to help the knicks get CARMELO FUCKING ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!!

                              you sure you're a raptors fan?
                              The kniocks are getting Carmelo no matter what lol. Might as well reek some of the benefits in whats going to take place.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X