Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Free Agent Signings Can Be Traded Starting 12-15. That Means Johnson & Kleiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    * So to me, it doesn't matter how many times we change people around or get other people, until we have a defined system with defined roles, we're going to continue to play musical chairs for years to come.
    Exactly. And these assessments/roll definitions should be made before an acquisition is made. Unfortunately there were too many new pieces at the start of this year.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      The only players who should be on the block are those with inflated contracts. Prospects like DeMar DeRozan should be kept. If they're going to do a rebuild and trade players away who have not been given due process then I'll be ready to tune out because anything else would be a waste of time....

You don't draft a guy high, tell everybody he's the future and then deal him one year later without giving him a chance. It makes no sense.
      Sense often has little to do with it when considering BC's actions. While he didn't draft CV, he traded the runner up ROY for an erratic point guard mainly because CV's value was at its highest and the Bucks had a spare pg.

The raps have Derozan, Weems, Barbosa and now Bayless to play the 2, if Derozan has the highest value then why not trade him for a player playing a position of need. Who would argue to Derozan for Rubio? Or Derozan could go the Nuggets in the Melo deal with Lawson and Randolph coming to Toronto.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        Sense often has little to do with it when considering BC's actions. While he didn't draft CV, he traded the runner up ROY for an erratic point guard mainly because CV's value was at its highest and the Bucks had a spare pg.

The raps have Derozan, Weems, Barbosa and now Bayless to play the 2, if Derozan has the highest value then why not trade him for a player playing a position of need. Who would argue to Derozan for Rubio? Or Derozan could go the Nuggets in the Melo deal with Lawson and Randolph coming to Toronto.
        I think we're too quick to give up on him and it sucks right now because he's not contributing but he needs time. Colangelo saw something in him and he's going for it. Would anyone out there still want charlie on the team? Is he the kind of guy you want around? probably not

Comment

As 'good' (and that's debatable) as Johnson's been playing I don't think anyone would touch that contract with a 10 ft pole.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            The only players who should be on the block are those with inflated contracts. Prospects like DeMar DeRozan should be kept. If they're going to do a rebuild and trade players away who have not been given due process then I'll be ready to tune out because anything else would be a waste of time....

You don't draft a guy high, tell everybody he's the future and then deal him one year later without giving him a chance. It makes no sense.
            What if you come to the realization that he is not the future? And never will be? Do you just hold on to him and let him eat up playing time at the detriment to the rest of the team?

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
              I think we're too quick to give up on him and it sucks right now because he's not contributing but he needs time. Colangelo saw something in him and he's going for it. Would anyone out there still want charlie on the team? Is he the kind of guy you want around? probably not
              Obviously no one wants Charlie V these days, but he had a really promising rookie year and while Derozan has yet to start making real developments, his promising summer league and overall athleticism create a ceiling that is essentially unlimited based on whether you project him as a rich or poor man's Iggy. I'm happy keeping Derozan and letting him play out his upside, but the raps need to attempt some big moves or continue to wander in purgatory.

As long as BC finds a way to hold onto his draft picks the raps need to get signifigantly better or worse, but perpetually getting the 11th pick turns you into Charlotte. There shouldn't be a single untouchable player on this roster except for maybe Ed Davis.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                There shouldn't be a single untouchable player on this roster except for maybe Ed Davis.
                Really? The guy who's playing 15-20 mpg and looks REALLY raw? Okay. Because keeping more polished young players like Bayless and DeRozan is just dumb.

I like the current roster a lot. Roles aren't defined, but will be after this year. I expect a trade or two before the summer. Some players don't fit. It's okay.

I wish "fans" of the Raptors would be patient. Pisses me off that they expect 2nd and 3rd year players to play at an all-star level. Ha!
                Joshua Priemski
                NBA blogger
                SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                www.RufusOnFire.com/
                www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Working...
                X