Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Free Agent Signings Can Be Traded Starting 12-15. That Means Johnson & Kleiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Free Agent Signings Can Be Traded Starting 12-15. That Means Johnson & Kleiza

Favors might be available among others.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

The Nets really like Favors. I don't think they're gonna take Johnson and Kleiza for him. Hell, they've been reluctant to include him in Carmelo talks.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Favors might be available among others.
      Me rikey...

Start Barney at SF ...cause lets face it anyone (or everyone) who gets by bargs is gonna have to get through the Raptors block party with Davis and Favors cloggin the middle.

Comment

The Raptors have to make a move to improve the wing position. Demar, Sonny and Kleiza should all be on the the block... along with Peja and the TPE. Hopefully the Raps can bring in a starting wing, a backup (defensive/shot-blocking) centre and some draft picks.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
          The Raptors have to make a move to improve the wing position. Demar, Sonny and Kleiza should all be on the the block... along with Peja and the TPE. Hopefully the Raps can bring in a starting wing, a backup (defensive/shot-blocking) centre and some draft picks.
          honestly, i dont know what to do with this team anymore. i think it sucks if the team needs to keep changing players every season because there's no continuity, but on the other hand, its taking way too long for the current players to develop.

for now, maybe the really big hole that needs to be filled is the 5. we really, really need a dominant center to man the middle.

Comment

Amir shouldn't be and isn't going anywhere.

Kleiza on the other hand, I would move him ASAP if the deal makes sense. Sonny too.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              honestly, i dont know what to do with this team anymore. i think it sucks if the team needs to keep changing players every season because there's no continuity, but on the other hand, its taking way too long for the current players to develop.

for now, maybe the really big hole that needs to be filled is the 5. we really, really need a dominant center to man the middle.
              Talking too long to develop? Weems, Amir and Demar only played like 1 season and its only like 20 games into this season. People don't develop in 1 season and 20 games. I'm not 100% sure about Klieza but I don't think he was given much of an opportunity with the Nuggets.

IMO we should stop play musical chairs and stop trying to get a quick fix. Just let the guys play a couple of seasons so they can properly develop and build chemistry.
              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Dec 14, 2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                Talking too long to develop? Weems, Amir and Demar only played like 1 season and its only like 20 games into this season. People don't develop in 1 season and 20 games. I'm not 100% sure about Klieza but I don't think he was given much of an opportunity with the Nuggets.

IMO we should stop play musical chairs and stop trying to get a quick fix. Just let the guys play a couple of seasons so they can properly develop and get chemistry.
                +1. Some dudes in here, bitch about how BC does trades all the time and how he's "trade happy" but yet, these same dudes are like crack addicts for a trade, every 3 game skid. Kills me. ***
                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Weems out, Wright in. Please!!! I know that the thread is about summer signings. I like Kleiza and no one is going to take Amir at this rate. Amir's been in the league for 5 years, if he doesn't get it now, he'll never get it. Let the Mayo fever begin. If the team is rebuilding, then the musical chair game need to continue.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Weems out, Wright in. Please!!! I know that the thread is about summer signings. I like Kleiza and no one is going to take Amir at this rate. Amir's been in the league for 5 years, if he doesn't get it now, he'll never get it. Let the Mayo fever begin. If the team is rebuilding, then the musical chair game need to continue.
                    Been in the league for 5 years but never actually got to play...

Comment

I wouldn't trade Johnson. The guy is not a starter but he is a great first big off the bench.

I believe it was Buddah who started a thread after Evans went down and Dorsey started that said something to the effect if 'Johnson doesn't start he is going to go out there and pick up fouls' (not exact quote).

Well, the last few games he has started with mixed results. The last 2 have shown exactly why he can't start - 2 quick fouls in each game.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

IMO we should stop play musical chairs and stop trying to get a quick fix. Just let the guys play a couple of seasons so they can properly develop and build chemistry.
                        youre right, mah bad.

i guess what should be said is that they have an opportunity with the Raps to be aggressive but it seems theyre not taking advantage of it. i think next year will be very critical for demar, sonny, amir because this type of excuse will not apply to them anymore.

i agree, let the guys play it out this season and keep the core intact.

i think with kleiza, he's now seeing that his game may not fit the raps current system. i dont know what it is but he seems lost there are times. when he's on the floor with demar and bayless, its a running game and he cant seem to catch up. when he's on the floor with bargs, he doesnt get the ball that much because it goes to bargs. i think what they need from him is to be a sort of quick first step type guy who can create his own shot and make plays when needed. i dont think he's capable of that....

Comment

The only players who should be on the block are those with inflated contracts. Prospects like DeMar DeRozan should be kept. If they're going to do a rebuild and trade players away who have not been given due process then I'll be ready to tune out because anything else would be a waste of time....

You don't draft a guy high, tell everybody he's the future and then deal him one year later without giving him a chance. It makes no sense.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 14, 2010, 03:25 PM.

Comment

The problem I see with this team is that nearly everyone wants to score, but not a lot of people want to do much else. We brought in Kleiza to be a scorer, Barbosa to score off the bench, we expect Sonny to score over 10 points, we want Derozan to avg 15, and based on Amir's contract we want him to at least try to get a 10 pts and 8-10 rbs, we want Bayless to become a better option off the bench and one day as a starter. Oh and Bargs is still expected to be our top scorer.

Every good team has role-players who do things besides trying to score. The only guy we had doing that was Reggie, and when he was playing it was working quite well for this team. Now we have a similar player in Julian Wright, who should come in to play hard-nosed defense, and Jose who's always tried be a facilitator more than a scorer. And that's what we need on this time, we need guys like that who will do the other things necessary.

Don't get me wrong, people should still score, but there seems to be an emphasis on everyone trying to get a lot of points. We need Weems to go back to being a better defender and making the occasional shots, we need guys like klieza to only score in certain possessions, and if Bargs isn't hot, he needs to learn to play on the defensive end as well. We're not going to be a good team until we have more defined roles for all our players.

* So to me, it doesn't matter how many times we change people around or get other people, until we have a defined system with defined roles, we're going to continue to play musical chairs for years to come.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              just dont let him dunk on a break away, holla if u seen the vid LOL
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                              X