Julian Wright Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian Wright Love

I don't get it. He plays a couple games and does a pretty good job and all of a sudden he should be starting? There's a reason he's not and it's probably because he's not as good as the guys starting. DeMar and Sonny take turns playing really bad and if it turns out to be their day then Wright should eat some of their minutes and they should watch from the bench, but start? No. If he deserved to start he would. No one on this blog is at practise, is in the gym etc watching these guys and really know what's going on. His coaches see absolutely everything and make good judgement calls.

That said I liked his enthusiasm and I think he should play more. 4 steals is a good stat and we need more of that.

Coaches have never made an error?

Is defense important to winning basketball?
    http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
      Coaches have never made an error?

Is defense important to winning basketball?
      I think you missed the point. It's not that coaches don't make errors it's that they don't start mediocre talent. You might say DeMar and Sonny count as mediocre but they are part of what the organization wants for their future. They have more upside than Wright and in can play defense.

so if we had a team of 5 Wrights you think we would win? he couldn't play offense to save his life! Our bigger defensive liability is Bargnani, not either one of our wings.

Comment

5 Wrights for 48 minutes would have had 57 steals...

and judging by Weems and Derozans combined -35 i think Julian could have got a few easy layups

Ignoring the ridiculous and arbitrary nature of these stats, the raptors have no problem scoring, its been covered in length over and over.

If you can start reggie for rebounding, you can start Wright so we dont dig ourselves a 72 point first half hole as we have over the last few games. Defense is the problem through and through. And if Sonny continues to put up a stat line like he did Vs. the pistons then Wright should start, he brings more to the table on a defensively challenged team. And its not about starting or finishing IMO, If weems and derozan are to be key players in the future of this team, the accountability starts now. Before we nurture another couple primadonnas into Raptors history

Comment

to be honest I would rather win games 70 - 60 then 112 - 102. Zone defense has made this league soft.

Comment

I just want to point out that the lazy defense and 2 turnovers from Wright tonight proved my point. He was horrible. you're team of 5 wrights would make 16 turnovers for every 4 steals if you go by your rate.

Comment

In the words of the great albertan_10:

I think you missed the point

I know what your saying though, I just think defensive responsibility should be instilled in these guys early, and I should know better than to talk up a player just before a game, hes prety much guaranteed to sh!t the bed. Maybe Sunday at 12:57 ill rant about how great Kobe is and hope for the best?

Comment

Working...
              X