CHA post-game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHA post-game

Talk about giving a win away. Turnovers were the deciding factor.

Bayless: too bad about the last 5 minutes. He played a great game until he started holding the ball too much. The turnover at half court was awful trying to go through 2 white jerseys. Regardless, he is showing great promise and is fearless going to the rim.

DeRozan: must read the RR message boards - finally dunked on someone.

Weems: STOP DRIBBLING! The more I watch Weems, the more I doubt his future here. Out of Weems and DD, 23 points were totalled. Most teams get that production out of 1 starting wing each night. Big difference in outcome: Weems 14 points on 13 shots, Wallace 16 points on 7 shots. With the emergence of Bayless and development of Davis/Johnson - number one need is on the wings. Also, don't get me started on the number of defensive 'lapses' Sonny had - does he know it is a contract year?

Johnson: solid game. Nice for him to show what he can do when he doesn't pick up 2 fouls in 2 1/2 mins to start each game. Anyone noticing his free throw shooting lately is bad? Time to get in with Alex English again.

Bargnani: Tough night. I don't know why he didn't dunk that drive to the rim where he was blocked, he caught it in stride and could have jumped off one foot but he brought his second foot in and tried to go off 2 for a layup which was quickly returned to sender. It was great to see him get the offensive board at the end of the game but then he threw it to the specators in row 6. Look at the positive - he got the board.

Barbosa: "My 3 favourite things do not include passing."

Davis: So happy he is a Raptor. He does not look out of place in only 8 games as a pro. Does the dirty work and is only going to get better. He has a good frame and should add some more size.

Kleiza: If he would only stick to shooting spot up open jumpers, post ups, and one dribble drives.......

Wright: showed why he can't be counted on - 3 minutes, 2 TO's. He makes Reggie Evans look like Karl Malone on the offensive end.

Dorsey: a great 3 minutes - seriously. Davis and Johnson with 3 fouls, he goes in for 3 minutes and gets it done. What more could a team want out of the 5th big?

At one point in the game, this was the line up:

Bayless - 22
    DD - 21
    Weems - 24
    Davis - 21
    Johnson - 23

The future is bright.

The Raptors number one priority is on the wings and tonight showed why - no three point threat, no ability to create own shots, and no lock down perimeter defender.

Bargnani stinks.

I don't care if he puts up 81 15 and 10.

He shows up when he wants to and when he doesn't like he didn't tonight he just plain stinks.

Being outplayed by Mohammed is all one needs to know.

BC - Trade Bargnani now, please.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Dec 14, 2010, 11:12 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Baybosa was fine. Bayless is still young and inexperienced (DD has already played more total minutes than him), the mistakes at crunch time should be expected.

But all the blame for lose this game can better attributed to missed FTs, and the combo of Special K, Chucky Weems and Bricknani.

Comment

Bayless: Great game until the last 5 mins where he showed us how important it is to have Calderon in the lineup.

Derozan - attacking the rim and gets rewarded, too bad he can't play like this every game.

Weems - casual non chalant attitude is starting to piss me off, should have been benched in favour of Wright when G.Wallace made that layup with Weems no where to be found late in the fourth.

Johnson - Success. Very active around the basket on both ends of the floor and just shows you what kind of a player he can be when he keeps his fouls in check.

Bargnani - Worst player tonight bar none, looks like he ate a big bowl of pasta before the game and couldn't get his shot going at all. Counter that with some really horrible D (N. Mohammad had 18 easy points in 19 mins!) and its the worst game of Bargnani this season.

Barbosa - a complete chucker.

Davis - 6 points and 6 rebounds performance, not bad at all for the rookie but he couldn't also stop the Bobcats bigs, especially Tyrus Thomas who was shooting the lights out.

Kleiza - YOU ARE NOT A 3 POINT SHOOTER!!! STOP CHUCKING THE SHOTS!!! if he would just stick to what he is good at (which is taking advantage of other scrubs in size near the post) then he would be useful.

Wright - this is what we traded Bellineli for?! I think we got ripped off!

Dorsey - Was he even playing?!

Triano - Your useless time outs during crunch time are laughable since we all know nothing is going to come from this!! Bargnani shouldn't have seen the fourth quarter, you should have benched his ass.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Talk about giving a win away. Turnovers were the deciding factor.

Bayless: too bad about the last 5 minutes. He played a great game until he started holding the ball too much. The turnover at half court was awful trying to go through 2 white jerseys. Regardless, he is showing great promise and is fearless going to the rim.

DeRozan: must read the RR message boards - finally dunked on someone.

Weems: STOP DRIBBLING! The more I watch Weems, the more I doubt his future here. Out of Weems and DD, 23 points were totalled. Most teams get that production out of 1 starting wing each night. Big difference in outcome: Weems 14 points on 13 shots, Wallace 16 points on 7 shots. With the emergence of Bayless and development of Davis/Johnson - number one need is on the wings. Also, don't get me started on the number of defensive 'lapses' Sonny had - does he know it is a contract year?

Johnson: solid game. Nice for him to show what he can do when he doesn't pick up 2 fouls in 2 1/2 mins to start each game. Anyone noticing his free throw shooting lately is bad? Time to get in with Alex English again.

Bargnani: Tough night. I don't know why he didn't dunk that drive to the rim where he was blocked, he caught it in stride and could have jumped off one foot but he brought his second foot in and tried to go off 2 for a layup which was quickly returned to sender. It was great to see him get the offensive board at the end of the game but then he threw it to the specators in row 6. Look at the positive - he got the board.

Barbosa: "My 3 favourite things do not include passing."

Davis: So happy he is a Raptor. He does not look out of place in only 8 games as a pro. Does the dirty work and is only going to get better. He has a good frame and should add some more size.

Kleiza: If he would only stick to shooting spot up open jumpers, post ups, and one dribble drives.......

Wright: showed why he can't be counted on - 3 minutes, 2 TO's. He makes Reggie Evans look like Karl Malone on the offensive end.

Dorsey: a great 3 minutes - seriously. Davis and Johnson with 3 fouls, he goes in for 3 minutes and gets it done. What more could a team want out of the 5th big?

At one point in the game, this was the line up:

Bayless - 22
          DD - 21
          Weems - 24
          Davis - 21
          Johnson - 23

The future is bright.

The Raptors number one priority is on the wings and tonight showed why - no three point threat, no ability to create own shots, and no lock down perimeter defender.
          Tyrus Thomas seems to always eat Bargs lunch in the 4th quarter - how about Bargs stop the finese and dunk hard on him once he sees he is blocked once by Tyrus Thomas or even try to get an and 1. We really need a wing that can play defense and shoot the 3 and Weems is obviously playing himself out of a contract. Winnable game by the Raps, up 6 at the half and still lose - that's pathetic.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Bayless: Great game until the last 5 mins where he showed us how important it is to have Calderon in the lineup.

Derozan - attacking the rim and gets rewarded, too bad he can't play like this every game.

Weems - casual non chalant attitude is starting to piss me off, should have been benched in favour of Wright when G.Wallace made that layup with Weems no where to be found late in the fourth.

Johnson - Success. Very active around the basket on both ends of the floor and just shows you what kind of a player he can be when he keeps his fouls in check.

Bargnani - Worst player tonight bar none, looks like he ate a big bowl of pasta before the game and couldn't get his shot going at all. Counter that with some really horrible D (N. Mohammad had 18 easy points in 19 mins!) and its the worst game of Bargnani this season.

Barbosa - a complete chucker.

Davis - 6 points and 6 rebounds performance, not bad at all for the rookie but he couldn't also stop the Bobcats bigs, especially Tyrus Thomas who was shooting the lights out.

Kleiza - YOU ARE NOT A 3 POINT SHOOTER!!! STOP CHUCKING THE SHOTS!!! if he would just stick to what he is good at (which is taking advantage of other scrubs in size near the post) then he would be useful.

Wright - this is what we traded Bellineli for?! I think we got ripped off!

Dorsey - Was he even playing?!

Triano - Your useless time outs during crunch time are laughable since we all know nothing is going to come from this!! Bargnani shouldn't have seen the fourth quarter, you should have benched his ass.
            Why do you think Nazr Mohammed scored 18 points on Bargs? It is because the scouting report is out on Bargs - opponents attack him because they know he can not contest shots consistently and has terrible D - both help and man-man defense.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
              Why do you think Nazr Mohammed scored 18 points on Bargs? It is because the scouting report is out on Bargs - opponents attack him because they know he can not contest shots consistently and has terrible D - both help and man-man defense.
              +1
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I am not a fan of Calderon but Toronto needs to run their offensive sets. Honestly I like bayless but I don't think he has learned all the sets and right now they are running a dumbed down offense.

Comment

I liked how bayless played he did some nice setups for other players. Barbosa had some put your head in the mud and drive into the trees moments (or the dribble dribble do nothing chuck up a 3 at the end of the shot clock) and bargnani was maddening. His soft layup that got rejected in the fourth was weak but that happens. What shouldn't have happened was that he stood there and watched the Charlotte players run back the other way with the ball. He just freakin stood there! The game was tied at that point. Add to that some poor shot selection and purely uninspired play triano should have sat him. Weems should have been on the bench as well. Too much to say here.

Comment

I was really ticked with Bayless during the last 5 minutes, and even more ticked with Triano for not subbing him out.
                    But then i realized, it seemed Triano was making these guys experience crunch time, letting them go through the experience so that next time they know what they should do should that situation come again. And with that, you can probably tell that these guys are here to stay. Bayless, DD, Weems, Amir, Bargnani is most likely your starting 5 for the future.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                      I liked how bayless played he did some nice setups for other players. Barbosa had some put your head in the mud and drive into the trees moments (or the dribble dribble do nothing chuck up a 3 at the end of the shot clock) and bargnani was maddening. His soft layup that got rejected in the fourth was weak but that happens. What shouldn't have happened was that he stood there and watched the Charlotte players run back the other way with the ball. He just freakin stood there! The game was tied at that point. Add to that some poor shot selection and purely uninspired play triano should have sat him. Weems should have been on the bench as well. Too much to say here.
                      OMG, how pathetic was that Tyrus block on Bargs, and then the double block on bayless and davis. Oh and the GWall block on Weems. If get blocked like that, id sub myself out.

Comment

Working...
                      X