Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weems is Playing Himself Off This Team

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weems is Playing Himself Off This Team

    This guy frustrates me more and more every time he plays. The most selfish player on the court at all times (and that's counting whomever we're playing each night) and can singlehanded kill our momentum at the flick of a switch. Tonight was a pure example of what I'm talking about.

    A mental midget on offense who was sloppier than a drunk Grade 9'er at their first high school dance. Instead of taking notice of his play you think he would contribute in other ways. Say like, playing some defense. Nope. Lazy, lazy, lazy with no pressure at all.

    So considering he's playing for a contract the only thing I see this guy doing right now is playing himself off this team. Only problem we have is that the alternative right now isn't any better with Linas. So, Jay better show Weems some tough love because his play over the last while I feel is unacceptable.

    OK, rant over. Sorry for the rant. Just frustrated as a fan.

  • #2
    i been telling yall in other threads that weems is playing for a contract we need to trade him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      This guy frustrates me more and more every time he plays. The most selfish player on the court at all times (and that's counting whomever we're playing each night) and can singlehanded kill our momentum at the flick of a switch. Tonight was a pure example of what I'm talking about.

      A mental midget on offense who was sloppier than a drunk Grade 9'er at their first high school dance. Instead of taking notice of his play you think he would contribute in other ways. Say like, playing some defense. Nope. Lazy, lazy, lazy with no pressure at all.

      So considering he's playing for a contract the only thing I see this guy doing right now is playing himself off this team. Only problem we have is that the alternative right now isn't any better with Linas. So, Jay better show Weems some tough love because his play over the last while I feel is unacceptable.

      OK, rant over. Sorry for the rant. Just frustrated as a fan.
      A well-deserved rant.

      You are correct with Kleiza not being much of an alternative to start. Cleary, IMO, the number one priority moving forward has to be the wings.

      Comment


      • #4
        Bayless does the same thing. If we're going to get rid of Weems for that reason we should get rid of Bayless.

        Comment


        • #5
          South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
          i been telling yall in other threads that weems is playing for a contract we need to trade him.
          Well, if he's playing for a contract the only takers I see right now are the Washington Generals.

          Comment


          • #6
            Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Well, if he's playing for a contract the only takers I see right now are the Washington Generals.
            dont think others team have noticed because no one talks about us lol

            Comment


            • #7
              RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Bayless does the same thing. If we're going to get rid of Weems for that reason we should get rid of Bayless.
              You know Bayless is 22, making his 14th career start, and has played less than 2 seasons of NBA ball averaging under 16 minutes a game?

              Oh yeah, and he did have a good game going until the final 5 minutes - 17 points and 9 assists. His shot was not consistent but he was attacking the rim despite this and finding his teammates.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Dec 14, 2010, 11:35 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                Bayless does the same thing. If we're going to get rid of Weems for that reason we should get rid of Bayless.
                I don't see it. Turnovers are bound to happen when your a PG, but stupid decisions like Weems makes night in, night out are unacceptable. Bayless still tries to get the offense involved. Weems plays by himself out there. Comparing to two is insulting to Bayless.

                Comment


                • #9
                  RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  Bayless does the same thing. If we're going to get rid of Weems for that reason we should get rid of Bayless.
                  Where does all this unjustified Bayless bashing come from?

                  Did you have a man love for Jack?

                  Its okay you can tell.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                  Memories some so sweet, indeed

                  Larger Photo of the avatar



                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    I don't see it. Turnovers are bound to happen when your a PG, but stupid decisions like Weems makes night in, night out are unacceptable. Bayless still tries to get the offense involved. Weems plays by himself out there. Comparing to two is insulting to Bayless.
                    +1
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                    Memories some so sweet, indeed

                    Larger Photo of the avatar



                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      I don't see it. Turnovers are bound to happen when your a PG, but stupid decisions like Weems makes night in, night out are unacceptable. Bayless still tries to get the offense involved. Weems plays by himself out there. Comparing to two is insulting to Bayless.
                      There were multiple times where he forces the play and attacks the rim even when it's guarded well and/or when there were guys wide open.

                      Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      You know Bayless is 22, making his 14th career start, and has played less than 2 seasons of NBA ball averaging under 16 minutes a game?

                      Oh yeah, and he did have a good game going until the final 5 minutes - 17 points and 9 assists. His shot was not consistent but he was attacking the rim despite this and finding his teammates.
                      You do realize this is the first real year Weems is playing right?
                      Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Dec 14, 2010, 11:40 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        You do realize this is the first real year Weems is playing right?
                        I did realize but good point regardless. However, Weems has now started 35 games for the Raptors since the end of last season. There does not appear to be any overall growth on offense, defense, or decision making with the exception of momentary glimpses. Part of this is attributable to the fact he does not have NBA starter talent.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          There were multiple times where he forces the play and attacks the rim even when it's guarded well and/or when there were guys wide open.
                          But good PG's need to attack the rim when the chips are down. With the hopes of drawing fouls (unfortunately we didn't get the calls) or looking to dish off. Can't discredit the solid defense Charlotte played tonight, but Bayless' play as of late is far from anything we need to worry about. If anything we should be optimistic and excited about his future here in Toronto. I know I'm excited.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just a few things on Weems;

                            1. I'm indifferent to him, stay or leave it doesn't make a difference to me.
                            2. This guy is a Shooting Guard he is not a Small Forward. He does not have the size strength or skill to match up against SFs in this league. However, it is no surprise that we (The Raptors) continue to shoe horn people into something they aren't.
                            3. Weems has better handles and shooting range than our Shooting Guard DD (who can't shoot period). As I said I'm indifferent to trading him but would love to see how he performs if he was played his "natural position".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              But good PG's need to attack the rim when the chips are down. With the hopes of drawing fouls (unfortunately we didn't get the calls) or looking to dish off. Can't discredit the solid defense Charlotte played tonight, but Bayless' play as of late is far from anything we need to worry about. If anything we should be optimistic and excited about his future here in Toronto. I know I'm excited.
                              The problem isn't that he's doing it, the problem is when and how much he's doing it. He doesn't have very good court vision and sometimes tries to do too much. Which is what's happening to Weems.

                              IMO you guys are jumping the ship rather quick. He played amazing for a bunch of games then went of a slide. I'd wait till the season is over before take shots at his, especially give in his lack of experience.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X