X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .40 Cal Flakes
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Young Onez still remains the worst marketing ploy by a Toronto sports team ever. Even worst that Roberto Alomar's McCain's juice commercials back in the early 90's. "Catch the taste".
    The worst marketing ploy? No way buddy:

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    The impressive thing about the game versus the Nets was Bargnani played on both ends of the court. He was active with a steal and 2 blocks, took some rebounds away from others, got right under Lopez's skin as seen by the forearm Lopez tried to give his face (foul called), and guarded Lopez whenever they were on the floor at the same time. Lopez had a couple of easy buckets but he was right around his averages for the year which is nice to see when so many less talented players have abused Bargnani.

Leave a comment:

• Introcollapse
    replied
    Thom wrote: View Post
    I'd start Barbosa over DeMar
    I agreed with everything except this. Barbosa's too small. He'd be abused by starting shooting guards, worse than DeRozan is.

Leave a comment:

• Thom
    replied
    Introcollapse wrote: View Post
    Agreed. I'll take Linas spotting up and posting up any day over Weems forcing offense. DeRozan looked good too. Some great passes, surprisingly.
    Young Onez still remains the worst marketing ploy by a Toronto sports team ever. Even worst that Roberto Alomar's McCain's juice commercials back in the early 90's. "Catch the taste".
    Once upon a time way back when Toronto had a dominant sports team... it's been a while.

I've stated my opinion on Kleiza deserving more minutes and the starting job over Weems. He's just a better, more complete player and I think he got down on himself when he was demoted to the bench for a player he doesn't respect. It only make sense as he is the better post-player, shooter, passer, rebounder and decision maker. The whole Sonny / DeMar combo thing only worked in the summer league.

I'd start Barbosa over DeMar, as well, but he is more valuable bringing the energy from the bench. He can also fill in a bit at point guard if need be. Johnson is a great player to have coming off the bench, too. Maybe Weems can grow into that role.
    Last edited by Thom; Sat Dec 18, 2010, 01:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rg1990
    replied
    Good much needed win. At least we can face the Lakers on a high note. Great game by Bargnani. I was bracing for him to have another bad game but it was great for him to score 24 second half points. Plus that awesome posterization of Brooke Lopez. I'm glad they won. The whole time I thought they were going to get lit up by Kris Humphreys (sp?) Much like they did by Ben Wallace and Nazr Mohammed.

Leave a comment:

• the_aftermath
    replied
    Personally I'm just happy that chucky weems didn't start/play. Kleiza said in an interview that he got more confidence once he knew that he didn't have to impress for his minutes, rather, that he could quietly play his game.

Also after today's game I can see how valuable Jose and Bargs are to this team achieving anything. They made the team better. Not to mention that Jose's 15pts and 14 assists with Bargs' 32pts 9 rebounds are appreciated.

its semi-pathetic but I'm happy going into the laker game with a win behind us (even if it was the Nets) because now we can get steamrolled but hope to bounce back...

Leave a comment:

• albertan_10
    replied
    DeMar played well tonight. Missed a couple wide open opportunities in the first half, but gotta give the kid credit for continuing to attack the basket and getting to the free throw line.

Anyhow, I loved this game tonight mostly because it didn't consist of Weems. Happy to see Linas back in the starting line-up (even if it was by default) and hope Jay keeps him there even if Sonny is healthy.
    I think its good for Weems to actually have to compete for his position. If kleiza plays like this all the time then Weems will have problems.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Speaking of Bayless, Holly MacKenzie just mentioned that Bayless was under the weather tonight. Hence why he didn't look so hot and why Jose played as much as he did. Not taking anything away from Calderon because he played a gem of a game, but I was wondering why Jerryd didn't get more burn tonight.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorDan
    replied
    Great game. I think this win can be attributed to Calderon. The offense just flows so much smoother when he's at the helm. I'm sure Bayless will come in to his own, but it is nice to have an excellent role model. If Bayless can add some of Calderon's play making, consistency and distribution skills to his aggression, speed and driving lay-ups, then he will be top tier.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    This via Ryan Wolstat:

Brook Lopez on Bargnani: "Every time I've played him he's gotten better. He is a fantastic player and is always a great challenge."

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    bargs had a good game yes... but it was the nets lets not forget....lets not plan MVP celebrations & parade routes yet...id still trade him if the offer was right....
    Woah-woah cowboy! Who's talking MVP here? Andrea's far from being considered MVP material, but he's quickly played his way to all-star consideration this season. Can't deny that.

Baby steps man .... baby steps. MVP talk can come down the road.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    Unfortunately the forums aren't as entertaining when Andrea plays like an all-star. The selfish part of me that likes active message boards would like to see Bargnani suck again.
    shouldnt have to wait to long... next games on sunday...

id still like to see consistancy in bargs offence & id like to see him put up the same against the Lakers...

unlike some i dont base my judgement on a guy based on 1 or 2 games...& i sure dont let my emotions from a lose or victory cloud my judgment..

bargs had a good game yes... but it was the nets lets not forget....lets not plan MVP celebrations & parade routes yet...id still trade him if the offer was right...

also the win wouldnt have came if JC wasnt dishing dimes & if weems starts then whoo knows.

Leave a comment:

• footie
    replied
    Unfortunately the forums aren't as entertaining when Andrea plays like an all-star. The selfish part of me that likes active message boards would like to see Bargnani suck again.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! they'll be back ...we'll be nice if they won't , that means Bargnani makes 30-10 every night!!!

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    smushmush wrote: View Post
    Enough with this young nones stuff, they have not achieved anything yet.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Bargnani 32 pts 9 rebounds...Even better all the haters have quietly gone away...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X