Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Doesn't Triano Run More Plays for Demar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Doesn't Triano Run More Plays for Demar?

---------------------

Demar has the skills to get the rim and finish. Why doesn't Triano run more plays for him?
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Dec 19, 2010, 09:53 AM.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

---------------------

Demar has the skills to get the rim and finish. Why doesn't Triano run more plays for him?
    Why doesn't Triano run more plays for Demar? Seriously? It may something to do with wanting to keep his job.

Comment

DeRozan is a guy who does best as a second or third option on a play, like the dunk highlight you posted. This was not run for DeMar, it was a pick and roll with Andrea and Jose, bad pick action up top led to Jose getting into the paint and looking for a different option than Andrea,...broken play DeRozan gets the look and does something with it.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        DeRozan is a guy who does best as a second or third option on a play, like the dunk highlight you posted. This was not run for DeMar, it was a pick and roll with Andrea and Jose, bad pick action up top led to Jose getting into the paint and looking for a different option than Andrea,...broken play DeRozan gets the look and does something with it.
        I know, I was using those to show he has the ability to finish.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          I know, I was using those to show he has the ability to finish.
          Yes indeed, he as some ability to finish. But the "sick cluch dunk" was aganst a listless defence.

For every clip you find of his finish I guarantee you there has been a couple of instances where he hasn't been able to. He just hasn't developed the finishing aspect of his game (yet) to a conistent level such that Jay can rely on. If you've watched complete Raptor games, you'll realize that you had more disappointments than sighs of relief when DeRozan attacks the basket and someone actually challenges him. Don't ask for clips of those instances though (Nobody uploads clips of him not finishing, they're just not as interesting to watch).

I think part of this stems from his lack of shooting skills though. If defenders know that his jumpshot is questionable, they can sag off him a little more and prepare for a drive better, thus nullifying some of DeRozan's finishing ability. But there's no doubt (in my mind) he has to work on both. Luckily he's got time

Comment

he was 5-16 in last game and he had 2 layups and 2 dunks
            do i need to tell more why fanboys

Comment

AzureRealm wrote: View Post
              Yes indeed, he as some ability to finish. But the "sick cluch dunk" was aganst a listless defence.

For every clip you find of his finish I guarantee you there has been a couple of instances where he hasn't been able to. He just hasn't developed the finishing aspect of his game (yet) to a conistent level such that Jay can rely on. If you've watched complete Raptor games, you'll realize that you had more disappointments than sighs of relief when DeRozan attacks the basket and someone actually challenges him. Don't ask for clips of those instances though (Nobody uploads clips of him not finishing, they're just not as interesting to watch).

I think part of this stems from his lack of shooting skills though. If defenders know that his jumpshot is questionable, they can sag off him a little more and prepare for a drive better, thus nullifying some of DeRozan's finishing ability. But there's no doubt (in my mind) he has to work on both. Luckily he's got time
              Agree, the listless defense was on behalf of #34 Devin Harris because a smart player with ballz would of drew a charge on Demar DeRozen and the entire complex of the game would of changed.

Comment

Hmmm...

Very good question... Well hopefully, his teammates will let the play run long enough, so he gets a touch--judging by today, 19 pts in 3Q, this will be more than worth the wait!

Comment

KJ-B wrote: View Post
                  Very good question... Well hopefully, his teammates will let the play run long enough, so he gets a touch--judging by today, 19 pts in 3Q, this will be more than worth the wait!
                  It is the consistency that is so frustrating. It would be great to see more flashes of brilliance and with less waits in between. I hope the growth starts to really become noticeable over the last 50 or so games of the season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    It is the consistency that is so frustrating. It would be great to see more flashes of brilliance and with less waits in between. I hope the growth starts to really become noticeable over the last 50 or so games of the season.
                    The growth has been very noticeable.

Last year, DeMar had two moves. Spot up/one dribble j, or straight drive.

This year, better jumper, MUCH better handle, more dribble moves, much better at creating contact, better defensive awareness.

Still a long way to go. But he's getting there.
                    Joshua Priemski
                    NBA blogger
                    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                    www.RufusOnFire.com/
                    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post

This year, better jumper, MUCH better handle, more dribble moves, much better at creating contact, better defensive awareness.

Sorry. Rushing on that response last night and not clear on point. There has no doubt been growth. Consistency over the last 50 games is the key. He doesn't need to score 19 points in a quarter every game but the way he played in that 3rd quarter versus the LAL would be nice to see spread out over multiple quarters in one game and carried over to multiple games.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Sorry. Rushing on that response last night and not clear on point. There
                        haha

Comment

Most plays should be run for Bargnani, especially when he gets hot. Not just for him to score, but it usually creates an open look or an opportunity for a drive.

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post

Listen, the NBA is a cruel game, if you can't meet expectations within a couple of years or so, you're out. Either you settle to become a role player or get traded to a team that believes in you and will give you a second look. For every Chauncey Billups who finds his game and becomes an all-star with another team, there are hundreds of guys like Tyrus Thomas. Teams aren't going to wait years for a player to add a thing or two every year, especially when he's considered a raw prospect. They expect quick development and aren't patient enough to wait 5-6 years for a guy to develop. Demar has not met expectations and his jumper is not that much better than his first year at USC. I guarantee that he'll have this year to play out his career in Toronto and probably until next all star break but if his game doesn't improve next season drastically he and Sonny are good as gone and rightly so.

Comment

ibzilla wrote: View Post
                              Listen, the NBA is a cruel game, if you can't meet expectations within a couple of years or so, you're out. Either you settle to become a role player or get traded to a team that believes in you and will give you a second look. For every Chauncey Billups who finds his game and becomes an all-star with another team, there are hundreds of guys like Tyrus Thomas. Teams aren't going to wait years for a player to add a thing or two every year, especially when he's considered a raw prospect. They expect quick development and aren't patient enough to wait 5-6 years for a guy to develop. Demar has not met expectations and his jumper is not that much better than his first year at USC. I guarantee that he'll have this year to play out his career in Toronto and probably until next all star break but if his game doesn't improve next season drastically he and Sonny are good as gone and rightly so.
                              I HIGHLY doubt that. Demar is only 21 years old and has a lot of promise. They'll give him at least 2 more seasons (after this season).

Comment

Working...
                              X