Raptors Tried To Trade Bosh To Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Tried To Trade Bosh To Cleveland

A Toronto source says Bosh turned down a Raptors offer to trade him to Cleveland, which would have given him a max deal, $10 million bigger than the one he took in Miami.
    Source: Sun Sentinel

What would we have gotten from the deal? I wouldn't mind Varejao or JJ Hickson, but they didn't have much to offer.

Comment

I think the rumour was that it was gonna be Varejao, Hickson and Boobie Gibson, plus a pick or two.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I think the rumour was that it was gonna be Varejao, Hickson and Boobie Gibson, plus a pick or two.
        I tihnk that would have made the raps much better, what does everyone else think?

Comment

everything is pretty much hersay, the fact of the matter is that Bosh wanted to sign with Miami cause he knew Lebron was coming there too, so he would'nt accept a trade anywhere else. Having just him and Wade there wouldn't have made the Heat a championship contenders and that's why the whole conspiracy theory was valid.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            I would do it, taking out Gibson... But that would have made us so much better...

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              everything is pretty much hersay, the fact of the matter is that Bosh wanted to sign with Miami cause he knew Lebron was coming there too, so he would'nt accept a trade anywhere else. Having just him and Wade there wouldn't have made the Heat a championship contenders and that's why the whole conspiracy theory was valid.
              That's actually not true. Even Windhorst and Wojonowski, 2 guys that never really have anything to do with LeBron and see thru a lot of his s--t acknowledge that LeBron went to Bosh and try to talk him into going to Cleveland. Bosh was pretty much going wherever Wade was going (and to be fair, LeBron did like the scenario of Miami), but if Bosh had said yes to Cleveland, LeBron would have stayed. The weirdest thing about that whole free agency was that Wade was driving the bus.

Comment

Like what mom always used to say, you say a lie, youll get caught eventually.

Clearly pairing up with a superstar like Lebron was Bosh's "dream". And it would totally make sense for him to go to cleveland to be with a contender and possibly win a championship. but ALL ALONG the three of them already had it planned, for all of them to go to Miami and try to win there. Obviously, all three of them lied that their "decisions" were made only at the last hour of free agency.

And all you BC haters out there show your face. He did try to trade Bosh and he was looking out for the franchise, but of course he just cant trade bosh without his approval being the "franchise" player that he is.

Its all coming out now, we're now seeing who is the true bad guy.

Wouldve taken all three of them just to get rid of Bosh, heck, i wouldve taken back Moon, AP and Joey.

Comment

This gets me thinking. Why wouldn't Bosh and Wade have gone to Chicago? Derek Rose and Joakim Noah would have given them a much greater chance to form a dynasty? On top of that, Chicago had the assets to make trades with both Miami and Toronto to make it happen. I'm not sure if they had the cap room but they may have been able to get James too. Imagine having those 3 plus Rose and Noah all on the same team. I still think Pat Reily had a big hand in what went down. Looking back from the time the big 3 signed their deals with Toronto, Cleveland, and Miami in the summer of 2006, the Raptors and Cavs did what they could to build a winner around Bosh and James. Miami and Riley, strangely enough, did nothing to build a winner around Wade. All Reily did was continue to clear cap space. I wonder, did Wade give him inside information on what the Big 3 planned on doing?
                  Last edited by jd4; Mon Dec 27, 2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

this seems like backpeddling and spin in the wake that miami is being more seriously accused of tampering. or possibly just the three amigos attempting some damage control to their brands.. why would this come out now??

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
                      This gets me thinking. Why wouldn't Bosh and Wade have gone to Chicago? Derek Rose and Joakim Noah would have given them a much greater chance to form a dynasty? On top of that, Chicago had the assets to make trades with both Miami and Toronto to make it happen. I'm not sure if they had the cap room but they may have been able to get James too. Imagine having those 3 plus Rose and Noah all on the same team. I still think Pat Reily had a big hand in what went down. Looking back from the time the big 3 signed their deals with Toronto, Cleveland, and Miami in the summer of 2010, the Raptors and Cavs did what they could to build a winner around Bosh and James. Miami and Riley, strangely enough, did nothing to build a winner around Wade. All Reily did was continue to clear cap space. I wonder, did Wade give him inside information on what the Big 3 planned on doing?
                      That was what I was thinking too considering that Miami has no low post presence(which Joakim Noah is) and could be a huge problem for Miami in the playoffs. Melo has sort of decided he is going to the Knicks, if he wants a championship, he should go to Chicago or Orlando.

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
                        This gets me thinking. Why wouldn't Bosh and Wade have gone to Chicago? Derek Rose and Joakim Noah would have given them a much greater chance to form a dynasty? On top of that, Chicago had the assets to make trades with both Miami and Toronto to make it happen. I'm not sure if they had the cap room but they may have been able to get James too. Imagine having those 3 plus Rose and Noah all on the same team. I still think Pat Reily had a big hand in what went down. Looking back from the time the big 3 signed their deals with Toronto, Cleveland, and Miami in the summer of 2010, the Raptors and Cavs did what they could to build a winner around Bosh and James. Miami and Riley, strangely enough, did nothing to build a winner around Wade. All Reily did was continue to clear cap space. I wonder, did Wade give him inside information on what the Big 3 planned on doing?
                        IMO, and i again i reiterate, IMO....

Chicago is pretty much Rose and Noah's team, if LBJ Wade and Bosh decided to go to Chicago, they have to play behind Rose and i dont think they would like that. They know they wont be able to take over that team. Im pretty sure John Paxson will not allow that. With Miami, Wade's got Riley by the balls already, and im sure he told him, if i can get LBJ and Bosh then you let us do our thing....and we know Riley, he's a sucker for superstars.

Coach spo is a young and upcoming coach, easy to control and manipulate.

Chicago was on a youth rebuild.

Noah hates LBJ and doesnt care much for Bosh.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          IMO, and i again i reiterate, IMO....

Chicago is pretty much Rose and Noah's team, if LBJ Wade and Bosh decided to go to Chicago, they have to play behind Rose and i dont think they would like that. They know they wont be able to take over that team. Im pretty sure John Paxson will not allow that. With Miami, Wade's got Riley by the balls already, and im sure he told him, if i can get LBJ and Bosh then you let us do our thing....and we know Riley, he's a sucker for superstars.

Coach spo is a young and upcoming coach, easy to control and manipulate.

Chicago was on a youth rebuild.

Noah hates LBJ and doesnt care much for Bosh.
                          The last statement of Noah hating LBJ if it was a factor in LeBron James not going to Chicago is the thing wrong with athletes of nowadays. Ever heard of having crazy teammates you love to hate in Jon Barry and Michael Jordan, however, they cared about one thing - winning. If the guys in Miami can't win a championship after 3 years due to their absence of a low post presence, and they start looking for one, LBJ, Wade and Bosh would be mulling saying no to Chicago when it could have been a legit dynasty. What more with a new CBA that might come with a hard salary cap, the days of Miami being a championship contender are numbered.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                            That was what I was thinking too considering that Miami has no low post presence(which Joakim Noah is) and could be a huge problem for Miami in the playoffs. Melo has sort of decided he is going to the Knicks, if he wants a championship, he should go to Chicago or Orlando.
                            Wouldn't mind seeing Melo go to New York as long as Chris Paul goes with them. If you make a Paul, Stoudemaire, Melo led team, at least the Heat will have some competition in the East going forward. With the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, and Magic getting older, will the Heat have any competition in the coming years? If a hard cap comes into play, Miami will have trouble filling out their roster with decent players since the Big 3 eat about $45 million in salary over the next while. Then again, all 3 guys have opt out clauses after year 4 of their deals. Who knows, if they win 3-4 championships in that time, they might just say, "Well we've done enough in Miami, time to move on to another challenge." Anyhow, what went down in the summer of 2010 has to be one of the biggest soap operas of all time. It would be great if a book, movie, documentary, etc. came out some day to show what really happened. Wasn't Bosh supposed to make a documentary about his free agency?

Comment

Working...
                            X