Clear All

• Employee
    replied
    It just said Flynn would play behind Jose. Not Jose to TWolves. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    If it'll cost us Weems and a first-rounder, then a solid hell yea! There is danger in giving up on Derozan right now. I feel that he's still learning but he's clearly not maturing as fast as Jennings or Fields. Can't give up on the kid now.
    If we can get Brewer in the deal as well, I'd happily deal Weems.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    There is noway you can get Flynn by just giving them Evans and Miami's draft pick. Wolfs would want alot more than that.
    They might ask for our First Round Pick instead of Miami or Bayless as well.

I say lets give them Miami's pick, Evans, Bayless and Amir Johnson and Buddah Fan

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    If it'll cost us Weems and a first-rounder, then a solid hell yea! There is danger in giving up on Derozan right now. I feel that he's still learning but he's clearly not maturing as fast as Jennings or Fields. Can't give up on the kid now.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Quirk wrote: View Post
    IMO Calderon/Bayless/Barbosa is solid. Not sure how Flynn helps the team, unless one our three PGs/combos goes the other way. Is Flynn an upgrade to any of these 3 at the moment? Not really, so why bother?
    I'd have to disagree. Flynn is 21 and had a solid rookie season before a hip injury slowed him down this year. I'd take Flynn over Bayless. Barbosa is not a true PG. Calderon is great when healthy but the problem is then he gets injured again or has one of his bad games, plus, his contract is a burden for the Raptors, IMO. Given his injury history, the fact he is 29, and he has been playing very well since starting, I'd move him at the first opportunity. The Raptors are not good enough at PG to be content with what they have - you know what you are getting with Calderon as he has peaked, Barbosa is a not a true PG, and Bayless is still learning to run a team and create for others.

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied
    IMO Calderon/Bayless/Barbosa is solid. Not sure how Flynn helps the team, unless one our three PGs/combos goes the other way. Is Flynn an upgrade to any of these 3 at the moment? Not really, so why bother?

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Minny is short on SG's. DeRozan for Flynn? Weems/Mia 1st Round for Flynn?
    That's giving up too much talent on our end. Flynn is decent, but he's not worth Derozan. And I'd rather keep Weems. Gotta do something with the expirings we have.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Minny is short on SG's. DeRozan for Flynn? Weems/Mia 1st Round for Flynn?

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    That was my 'total speculation'. What do you think BC is offering to MIN if Flynn is availalbe? Dupree? lol
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Probably an expiring and a sweetner - Evans and the Miami first rounder.
    What Mango said. Although I love Bayless, I think exclusively handling the reigns at PG over to him and Flynn is a huge risk at this point. It's nice to have at least some vet experience with Jose even if fans don't think he's the right fit with Toronto at the present time.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    That was my 'total speculation'. What do you think BC is offering to MIN if Flynn is availalbe? Dupree? lol
    Probably an expiring and a sweetner - Evans and the Miami first rounder.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Where in that blurb does it suggest Jose could be on his way to Minny?

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    I didn't see it either. It just said that Flynn could come here and be a backup to Jose. I guess the thinking is the acquisition of Jose would lure Rubio to Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Where in that blurb does it suggest Jose could be on his way to Minny?

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    I'd love Flynn, but like Apollo said, we'd need him to come at a reasonable price. I don't think Calderon would be that much of a lure for Rubio as Rubio would want a starting position and major minutes from the get-go.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Johnny Flynn would be a huge score if they can land him at a reasonable price.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X